Closed Thread
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:03 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,043 Posts
Complaint
Points appeal

I recently received warning points for obnoxious reporting. I would like to appeal this assessment.

The rule is as follows:

"Trolling (Obnoxious Reporting) The user has abused the reporting system by repeatedly requesting moderator intervention when none is required. 3 "

I only reported the posts in question once, not repeatedly. IMHO, the posts in question were designed specifically to annoy me, and each one was worthy of reporting to have a moderator review them. If no points were assessed, I am aware that I can either accept that as indicating the posts were not deemed to be violations and move on, or appeal each post for review.

Instead of allowing me to await the moderation action, I was awarded points for attempting to seek moderation of those posts.

Had I repeatedly reported the same posts, I would understand the point assessment, but this was not the case. Please pass this to review.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:37 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,543 Posts
Link - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/infra...actionid=35960
Warning - Trolling (Obnoxious Reporting)
Issue:
Quote:
I only reported the posts in question once, not repeatedly. IMHO, the posts in question were designed specifically to annoy me, and each one was worthy of reporting to have a moderator review them. If no points were assessed, I am aware that I can either accept that as indicating the posts were not deemed to be violations and move on, or appeal each post for review.

Instead of allowing me to await the moderation action, I was awarded points for attempting to seek moderation of those posts.

Had I repeatedly reported the same posts, I would understand the point assessment, but this was not the case. Please pass this to review.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:47 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,043 Posts
Thanks, Jim.

In addition, I take personal exception to the comment entered by the moderator:

Quote:
Please stop reporting users for asking obtuse questions. There is no rule against being obtuse, which is why you are still on the site.
Specifically, I do agree that there is no rule against being obtuse, but in this case, I did consider the posts that I reported to be Obnoxious Behavior in the manner they were repeatedly presented. And, this appears to refer to my manner of discussion, where I question other users to determine the basis for their statements. Valid questions such as I ask, are not 'being obtuse.'
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:37 PM
Administrator
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Nov 1998
5,425 Posts
I took a look and reversed the warning for you.

Jim
jbourke is offline Find More Posts by jbourke
Administrator
Closed Thread