HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:31 PM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,635 Posts
location isnt the issue. its hard to beat a private airport with 6000 ft of runway. interest level has changed over the years and putting on an event like E-Jets is not cheap and was getting more expensive yearly. i am sure it can be done differently, but our hope was to put on a world class event and i beleive we suceeded. i am watching with interest to see if any other events take off...
kevin is offline Find More Posts by kevin
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Video of my HK Cobra
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:09 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
location isnt the issue. its hard to beat a private airport with 6000 ft of runway. interest level has changed over the years and putting on an event like E-Jets is not cheap and was getting more expensive yearly. i am sure it can be done differently, but our hope was to put on a world class event and i beleive we suceeded. i am watching with interest to see if any other events take off...
E-Jets filled a unique niche, I don't think interest waned as much as the economy and distance (not centrallay located) may have played some factor. I loved the fact it was EDF only, much like SEFF for jets. Joe Nall now has an electric-only event in the fall and IMO SEFF, E-Week and E-jets are the main events and set the standard...

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:37 PM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,635 Posts
Agreed, but 4 dollar a gallon gas definitely changed the "interest level" of some pilots and sponsors traveling great distances.

Thanks for the kind words. we will miss hanging out just BSing more than actually flying.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:09 PM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,635 Posts
My 7 year old son made a sign at school for me for E-Jets this year. Guess I forgot to give him the news
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:28 AM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,592 Posts
Kevin that is a "sign" that you should plan to be at the 2013 event.
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:47 AM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,390 Posts
Any progress on a 2013 event Bob?
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Feb 27, 2013, 02:20 PM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,592 Posts