HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:19 AM
jean-claude Terrettaz
Carp, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2000
1,424 Posts
Ken they are great pictures. You improve so much, well done.
bidule is offline Find More Posts by bidule
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:28 AM
Ottawa Canada
Joined Feb 2004
722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris True View Post
These are really spectacular shots Ken! Thanks for taking the time to post them all up and share, it's not often you get the opportunity to collect a whole series of closeups from one fight. And, they all be in focus <g>.

My favorite and I was in total amazement was watching the Blaze Prototype landing with one hung up main gear and top hatch hanging on! - Then at last second after the wing may of bumped the runway the hung up main goes down saving the day! wow!!!!
Ken Park is offline Find More Posts by Ken Park
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:03 AM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
6,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Park View Post
Hi Guys

Please check out my Fliker EJets photo into 2 batches

EJets2012 Part 1 & EJets2012 Part 2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kennethpark/

For those who wish to download - Isolate the photo by itself - Select a size of photo - look top left "Do you wish to download"

For those who wish to use photos for publication for product promotion or magazines require my permission please.

I will select about 20 shots for MAN magazine article in near future
Beautiful pics Ken. Your flicker account says that you took these with a Canon T1i. What lense were you using and what RAW setting were you using. Also, did you have this set to manual or auto focus? Sorry for the questions, but these photos are just that awesome I have to ask!
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:53 AM
Ottawa Canada
Joined Feb 2004
722 Posts
Been told I got an Artist Eye with a Camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Beautiful pics Ken. Your flicker account says that you took these with a Canon T1i. What lense were you using and what RAW setting were you using. Also, did you have this set to manual or auto focus? Sorry for the questions, but these photos are just that awesome I have to ask!
The Camera is a 3 year old Cannon T1i using a 300mm Zoom lense All the action flying stuff is in AutoFocus using the Sport mode - running guy on the dial. This lets you shoot continously 5 or 6 shots a sec. The still shots I use the stock lense in Auto focus using portrait mode - Face on the dial. The big thing to learn is in Auto focus is ensuring the object your tracking is not the background - I shot over 1800 photos for EJets. So about 1/3 are just messed up and deleted. Holding the shutter button half way down keeps your object in track and you hear it beep when its lock on target you also see a bunch of lights in the eye piece shows how centered you are on the target. Generally if the model is small in the view finder its not worth snapping. Note on low light clowdy days getting the Auto focus to lock can be hard as it looses lock and zooms from one end to the next trying to find an object and you need to re focus fast you will hear me yell Krap! when that happens. lol

The artist eye thing is getting that view you don't normally see (ie worm eye view laying on the deck) Lighting sunlight early morning or late afternoon with shadows really kick up the value of shots

The price 3 years ago was high 1200$ CDN as it was new on the market for Cannon - The T13 is already out and 2/3rds that price.
Ken Park is offline Find More Posts by Ken Park
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:15 PM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,504 Posts
I found out whose plane it was, but i don't have any contact info yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Did you find anything out?
kevin is offline Find More Posts by kevin
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:13 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,828 Posts
Here's some video of Roger's L39 from eJets.

DS-51 HST Powered Savex L-39 (5 min 55 sec)
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:36 PM
My Lipo is Bigger than Yours!
Chesterfield,Missouri
Joined Sep 2003
496 Posts
Thanks for the pics Ken,they were great!!
gjmjoe017 is offline Find More Posts by gjmjoe017
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:05 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
6,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Park View Post
The Camera is a 3 year old Cannon T1i using a 300mm Zoom lense All the action flying stuff is in AutoFocus using the Sport mode - running guy on the dial. This lets you shoot continously 5 or 6 shots a sec. The still shots I use the stock lense in Auto focus using portrait mode - Face on the dial. The big thing to learn is in Auto focus is ensuring the object your tracking is not the background - I shot over 1800 photos for EJets. So about 1/3 are just messed up and deleted. Holding the shutter button half way down keeps your object in track and you hear it beep when its lock on target you also see a bunch of lights in the eye piece shows how centered you are on the target. Generally if the model is small in the view finder its not worth snapping. Note on low light clowdy days getting the Auto focus to lock can be hard as it looses lock and zooms from one end to the next trying to find an object and you need to re focus fast you will hear me yell Krap! when that happens. lol

The artist eye thing is getting that view you don't normally see (ie worm eye view laying on the deck) Lighting sunlight early morning or late afternoon with shadows really kick up the value of shots

The price 3 years ago was high 1200$ CDN as it was new on the market for Cannon - The T13 is already out and 2/3rds that price.

I was curious as I have that same camera. Bought it at Costco about 3 yrs ago. It was only $850 though. Right now its getting serviced for some kind of film on the mirrors and sensor. Some are really proficient with the manual focusing. I just can't see anyone using the manual focus on a fast moving plane. Thanks for letting me know your settings.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:10 PM
KingtechUSA
Tampa FL
Joined Apr 2009
2,782 Posts
Rogers L39 is a work of art! Seen it at Kentucky jets.

What I want to know is how a box stock ARF Eflight F4 beat him in the scale contest.

L39 One of a kind custom paint. Hard work. One of a kind fan install. Good sound. Great craftsmanship.

Eflight F4. Well any tard can build it. Only thing custom is the wrinkles in the monocoat.

I understand they where a sponser but to shaft a guy that comes every year and works his tail off to build a great plane is wrong. The little guy lost with a better plane. Heck I thought box stock ARFs where not even allowed.

Roger is a friend of mine so I might be a little biased Great plane Roger!
gunradd is online now Find More Posts by gunradd
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:24 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
6,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunradd View Post

What I want to know is how a box stock ARF Eflight F4 beat him in the scale contest.

L39 One of a kind custom paint. Hard work. One of a kind fan install. Good sound. Great craftsmanship.

Eflight F4. Well any tard can build it. Only thing custom is the wrinkles in the monocoat.

I understand they where a sponser but to shaft a guy that comes every year and works his tail off to build a great plane is wrong. The little guy lost with a better plane. Heck I thought box stock ARFs where not even allowed.

You have every right to feel that way. I thought his L-39 was beautiful! An Eflite f4? Really? WOW!
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:29 PM
2014 EDF JET JAM We be Jamming
St. Louis Intl, Missouri, United States
Joined Jan 1997
6,718 Posts
Don't hold back man! LOL
I heard about this and was shocked too. But Roger is a great guy and I can only imagine what he had to say about it...and I laugh with him....because he can spin anything around and make it funny for all.

Quote:

Kevin Cox is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Cox
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:52 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
7,902 Posts
Quote:
Heck I thought box stock ARFs where not even allowed.
Only in the amatuer class, at least until Horizon runs out of staff pilots who haven't won
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:59 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
7,902 Posts
On the other hand, in the organizers defence - I bet the 4 or 5 flying sponsors had close to half the registered pilots so you guys who didn't come this year were missed. Show up next year!
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:01 AM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,430 Posts
Yes we should have been many more pilots, and I've seen many come on here posting about not making it there. Sorry but you missed out on a good event, that would have been so much better if more people had been there flying.
Arngeir Blakseth is offline Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:22 AM
jean-claude Terrettaz
Carp, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2000
1,424 Posts
Was not busy like the previous year , but definitively a bit more relax for average pilot like me...
Economy ......
bidule is offline Find More Posts by bidule