HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2012, 03:33 PM
Australia, VIC, Heathcote
Joined Feb 2012
40 Posts
Discussion
Which Tx & Simulator For Newbie ??

Hi All,
I'm just getting some info together to make a choice on buying a radio that is compatible with Pheonix v3.0.

I have read that the DX7se is not compatible. However l cannot find a DXyse on Spektrum website. Only the DX7s is available.

Is the DX7s compatible? If it is not l'm thinking of going with the DX6i as a first radio so that l have a programmable unit and don't want to buy a cheapee and upgrade again in a year or so.

Regarding either of these two, there are several suppliers shipping with the Rx 6115e, 6210 and 8000 (DX7s). They have servos in some and batteries in others but l am thinking that by getting the 6210 or 8000 Rx l will have a decent Rx for the future also.

I'm planning on using the Tx with a Blade BNF - 120SR or mCPx just haven'ty decided which to get.
Is there a better choice of 1st decent heli for a newbie?

So many questions but only one pay packet .....
Thanks Duncan
Muttlee is offline Find More Posts by Muttlee
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 04:24 PM
Joined Feb 2012
25 Posts
I fly the older DX7. This is an awesome Tx and is compatible with Phoenix. The Dx6i is a nice entry level computer Tx that will also serve you well and it's also compatible with Phoenix. If your looking for an opinion, go with the DX6i for now. Get your feet wet in the hobby, and if it doesn't work out you will be able to sell the Tx very easily. There are several for sale used on these forums, and the Tx with the Rx combo is a good choice. I wouldn't purchase the combo with the servo's, as they are generic and may not be suitable to use with your heli. I'm not bashing Spektrum servo's, but I've never seen anyone using them in a heli. Phoenix is also a very good sim. Good luck!!
824TSV is offline Find More Posts by 824TSV
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:01 PM
Plane and Heli Abuser
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Aug 2010
421 Posts
I have Phoenix and I have used it with a DX6i, DX7 and now my DX8. One thing that isn't really explained very well is that when you do your setup, program in your dual rates, expo, etc just like you would for a real heli to get the most realistic "feel".

Good luck
Pilot in MO is offline Find More Posts by Pilot in MO
Old Mar 09, 2012, 04:10 AM
Australia, VIC, Heathcote
Joined Feb 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttlee View Post
Hi All,
I'm just getting some info together to make a choice on buying a radio that is compatible with Pheonix v3.0.

I have read that the DX7se is not compatible. However l cannot find a DXyse on Spektrum website. Only the DX7s is available.

Is the DX7s compatible? If it is not l'm thinking of going with the DX6i as a first radio so that l have a programmable unit and don't want to buy a cheapee and upgrade again in a year or so.

Regarding either of these two, there are several suppliers shipping with the Rx 6115e, 6210 and 8000 (DX7s). They have servos in some and batteries in others but l am thinking that by getting the 6210 or 8000 Rx l will have a decent Rx for the future also.

I'm planning on using the Tx with a Blade BNF - 120SR or mCPx just haven'ty decided which to get.
Is there a better choice of 1st decent heli for a newbie?

So many questions but only one pay packet .....
Thanks Duncan
Took some time but finally decided on an msrx and dx7s radio with pheonix v3 sim.
Cheers
Muttlee
Muttlee is offline Find More Posts by Muttlee
Old Mar 09, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
235 Posts
You have a good sim.Now for the transmitter.It all depends on how many channel rc that you are going to get.The dx6i is one of the best TX for a 6 chanel option.Lets say your going a 8 channel rc you should go for a dx8.The Specktrum display interface is a simple interface that is easy to understand
helifreak1 is offline Find More Posts by helifreak1
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:36 PM
United States, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Dec 2011
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttlee View Post
Took some time but finally decided on an msrx and dx7s radio with pheonix v3 sim.
Cheers
Muttlee
Nice choice; I have the same tx. Read the msrx threads and enjoy!
Skidpad is offline Find More Posts by Skidpad