HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:02 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
All you needed was me in your ear saying "hammer that b*tch!" Then you were fine.

About halfway through the day Manta's MXS comes across the full length of the field at full speed with just the wheel pants sticking up out of the high grass. It took an hour to clean all the chopped up grass and weed goo off of it! From that point on, he flew it like he had 10 backups.
flew it yesterday evening too..
I do need a backup tho lol..
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:41 PM
It's gone...
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Aug 2004
5,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
hehe i was picking on Oz because he knows i do the exact same thing roflmao.
Yep.
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:53 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
I can't kill 85mg's!! I have two old ones that were in my laser,edge,two extras,super vyp,and a MXS! I moved them to a custom 800watt(torque/airboss setup same as laser!) pz p47jug, and there still going strong! You should see this thing snap to KE! It smooths out nicely, when you close the retracts.. I also put the flaps, and ailerons on separate channels, so that I can run full wing ailerons! Or flap-erons.. I was looking for something to do with all of my old servos, 4s packs, and EF power set. This worked out perfect. It's actually one plane I won't be getting rid of, it's way too much fun to fly!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Feb 03, 2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:00 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
I can't kill 85mg's!! I have two old ones that a moved to a custom 800watt pz p47jug and there still going strong! You should see this thing snap to KE! It smooths out nicely, when you close the retracts..
video? love to see that
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:07 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
video? love to see that
Ask and you shall receive.. there's a pop top at 2:05, and a snap to ke at 2:10ish?

Parkzone p47 "One trick jug" (5 min 45 sec)
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Feb 02, 2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:21 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,422 Posts
nice
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:24 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
nice
Thanks! It was an experiment in stupidity that worked out well! the thing has been a blast thanks to a bunch of extra 48" EXP parts.

Just a note about the laser. I hear a lot of guys say, at first impression it doesn't do it for them. The funny part is, I was the same way! After looking at the laser for a few weeks it started to grow on me, and like all extreme Flight planes, I had to have one! I pulled the trigger and grabbed one from the first batch. Its still going strong! I actually just removed all the original servos, and installed a new set. The crazy part is, it's my favorite go-too airframe. It flies like an extra, and rotates like a slick! If you're on the fence? I highly suggest one! my only problem is, I can't wait for the 60 inch version!

Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Feb 03, 2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:21 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Thanks! It was an experiment in stupidity that worked out well! the thing has been a blast thanks to a bunch of extra 48" EXP parts.

Just a note about the laser. I hear a lot of guys say, at first impression it doesn't do it for them. The funny part is, I was the same way! After looking at the laser for a few weeks it started to grow on me, and like all extreme Flight planes, I had to have one! I pulled the trigger and grabbed one from the first batch. Its still going strong! I actually just removed all the original servos, and installed a new set. The crazy part is, it's my favorite go-too airframe. It flies like an extra, and rotates like a slick! If you're on the fence? I highly suggest one! my only problem is, I can't wait for the 60 inch version!

actually last time out i realised that laser looks sooooo much like slick... take off canopy, a tad different cowl, a bit more oval instead of round fuselage and would turn out nearly slick.... cant wait for next non-windy day to fly laser more... last time took my time and started mixing KE.... and it took whooping 13% rudder to aeleron...???
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:04 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Something is very wrong with your set up if you needed 13% mix!!

most of us fly with zero mix, and this plane shouldn't need any more than one or 2%.. I would dial in the CG,and start again. I've been working on the KE snake(almost perfect!), and I have zero mix.

There was a guy in here, that needed 8% in one direction. that would be due to a bent(or tweaked) plane.

Biplanes usually have around 8- 11%+, And they seem to be the worst with mixing Due to the drag of the upper wing, But a symmetrical plane like the laser. should never need more than one or 2%
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Feb 04, 2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:24 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
I've got a 20% mix on mine
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:29 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,287 Posts
I had about 15% on a 51'' Slick.

I have 30% on my Bype.

I didn't need any mixes for my 48'' Edge EXP, 64'' MXS EXP, and 60" Extra EXP. My average mix with other aerobatic planes i've had was around 5%
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Last edited by hone1er; Feb 03, 2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:46 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,422 Posts
7% on the laser, 0% on the 60" extra and 13-15% on the 51" slick
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:24 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Something is very wrong with your set up if you needed 13% mix!!

most of us fly with zero mix, and this plane shouldn't need any more than one or 2%.. I would dial in the CG,and start again. I've been working on the KE snake(almost perfect!), and I have zero mix.

There was a guy in here, that needed 8% in one direction. that would be due to a bent(or tweaked) plane.

Biplanes usually have around 8- 11% Max, And they seem to be the worst with mixing Due to the drag of the upper wing, But a symmetrical plane like the laser. should never need more than one or 2%
well... im using 13x4 propeller so it will be more than 12" propeller mix... and how can CoG matter in rudder to aeleron mix? i can easily fly laser without any mix, but i just mixed it so i can fly like 100m by holding rudder only...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:37 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,805 Posts
-6 and -8% on the elevator to aileron mix for the Laser. +/-2% on the rudder to elevator

So it looks like for those who use mixes the average on ailerons is around 7% or so.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:20 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
I was running a 12", now i run a 13" x6 xoar

I see one guy with twenty, two guys with zero, and two guys with seven, all with there EXP's..;-) slicks, and biplanes need it, that's why I don't fly them.

Sounds like the average is closer to 3.5;-).. Remember we're talking EXP's..

"Its Free information, from me to you. take it or throw it away..."

Hone1er is the best pilot here, take his advice.
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Feb 04, 2013 at 05:14 AM.