HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:10 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,277 Posts
Aerosheldon, I love that graphix package.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:21 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrigan View Post
I hope for a second design for the 60" Laser.
Chris is working on it for the 60" Laser now, but I am not sure if the second scheme will be available in the 48s. Personally I'de like to see him put the Extra EXP scheme on it, but make it yellow/silver/black.

Quote:
From all i read about the Laser, i like this plane from flying style, but I didnīt like the look to much.
For one thing, you gotta put the decals on it. Without them the thing is just blaaaaa.

That, and like Ducati Mech says. in person it's a much different thing. I like it, but even if you don't, it flies more than well enough to more than make up for it.

Quote:
I am looking for a 60 - 64" plane next year. Maybe with new color sheme it could be a laser
I don't know when we will see it. Maybe Chris could run another design conbtest. He did that with the 48" MXS and there were a lot of really cool designs there.

Check it out
Last edited by Doc Austin; Oct 28, 2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:52 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Aerosheldon, I love that graphix package.
Thanks man!!!
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:35 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,058 Posts
This is one cool design right here!

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...8164-81-35.jpg
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:00 PM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,516 Posts
The 48" mxs looks the best on the ground but I like the 64 better in the air. A design contest is a good idea because there are a lot of creative people out there.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:21 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,277 Posts
I think Chris could probably just pick something lout of the MXS contest and just graft it onto the laser.

OTOH, I know what kind of effort Chris puts into every last little detail on these plane, and if it's not 100% exactly the way he wants it, then it's no good. He might not be happy with any of those other designs on the Laser.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:43 AM
Deutschland, BW, Ebersbach an der Fils
Joined May 2011
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
You need to see it, and fly it! It changes your perspective.. Pictures don't do it
You might be right. I love the MXS 48" blue sheme. But the more pictures i see i also fall in love with the rbw sheme.

Problem is, at my flying field you would not see to many EF planes. Normaly i came with new planes.
The MXS 64" and the laser still not availible from german dealers
would be nice to see this planes in live..

Bernd
morrigan is offline Find More Posts by morrigan
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:39 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,122 Posts
Quote:
The MXS 64" and the laser still not availible from german dealers
would be nice to see this planes in live..

Bernd
bernd,

Both are currently in stock at Aerobertics.be in Belgium, and Bert does free shipping to anywhere in Europe.. You could have one in 48 hours
http://www.aerobertics.be/products.php?brand=5&cat=1

IMHO It's good to support Bert as he seems to be the only dealer in Europe willing to keep the full range of EF planes and accessories in stock.
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:58 AM
Joined May 2011
345 Posts
Hi,

jep, i knew that. He also have the power combos, that we wont geht in germany

I prefer my dealer, course he was always fair and has good support, but it looks like they dont have all the planes and parts here so i may change my mind

But it is still bad, course you wont see the planes in live, if they dont sell it here...

Bernd
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:44 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,452 Posts
Quote:
Hi,

jep, i knew that. He also have the power combos, that we wont geht in germany

I prefer my dealer, course he was always fair and has good support, but it looks like they dont have all the planes and parts here so i may change my mind

But it is still bad, course you wont see the planes in live, if they dont sell it here...

Bernd
I'm guess that you mean that it is bad that you can't see the plane in real life?

I don't see how that is a problem, I have never seen or held or flown any of the EF or 3dhs planes before they were delivered to my door, nobody I fly with flys 3D or owns any EF planes so I just buy what I like from the websites
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined May 2011
345 Posts
yes, but to see them first may make the decision easier wich one should be the next....

i know...buy them all...

Bernd
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:21 PM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,516 Posts
Quote:
yes, but to see them first may make the decision easier wich one should be the next....

i know...buy them all...

Bernd
Bernd,

I was in the same boat as you were. There are a lot of people hyping a lot of different planes on the internet, and in some if not many cases, it is hype. I know I've bought some planes with fit, finish, engineering, and customer service issues in the past.

However, in the case of Extreme Flight planes, they are good. They still from time to time have an issue but they stand behind their product and get replacements out ASAP. The 64" MXS is the creme of the crop as far as fit and finish goes, because, it seems, EF is not satisified with "pretty good" or "good enough", and are improving their already excellent planes.

It is especially important to deal with a vendor that answers phones, and stands behind products, if you're a first time "high end" plane purchaser and are looking forward to getting your first EF plane in the air. They answer their phones and answer questions here, via email, or on the phone. I am not sure how they handle international problems but I guess they inist that their international distributors also work to keep their excellent customer service reputation.

If you're looking for a 48" plane, I haven't flown the laser. However, I am very happy with the 48" MXS EXP. The racing wing tips are difficult to put on with the stock screws, but if you have hex head servo screws, it should be no problem. I fly without the racing wingtips on the plane. I may give them another shot, but I like the way it flies with the SFGs only.

My son is very happy with the 48" Extra 300 EXP. I have a video of his maiden--it was his first balsa--and his landing was a pretty hard landing on the main landing gear, but the plane held up perfectly, and he has been flying it ever since aside from his vacation for a couple of months. He has no trouble doing rollers, webble wobbles, and other 3D moves I don't even know how to do yet.

I am also happy with the 60" Extra 300 EXP, and 64" MXS EXP.

Worst case, you can send the plane and you're out a restocking fee and shipping. Or you could probably resell the plane.

But I have not seen a balsa kit from any other manufacturer (e-flite, 3DHS, hobbyking) as well put together as an EF balsa kit. They don't skip on hardware. They don't skip on design. They don't skip on answering the phone.

That is my experience.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:56 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,122 Posts
Quote:
Being loyal to your local dealer is fine but if he hasn't got the plane you want and isn't willing to order it then I know what I'd do
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:56 PM
Extreme Flight Tech Support
Johns Creek, GA
Joined Jan 2005
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
A lomcevak is something different. Leo invented a maneuver called the "Zwimbleturm" that is what we call the pop top. I think the announcer just messed up. A Zwimbleturm and a pop top are the same thing. A lomcevak, however, is completely different.

--Tom K.
Totally different

RJ Gritter and Arron Bates discuss the Pop Top (4 min 14 sec)
exeter_acres is offline Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:53 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,352 Posts
Very cool! Thanks Curtis.. RJ is one of my favorite pilots! I dig that stuff on the lake, and he always flys on the edge..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic