HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:51 AM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,902 Posts
You know I am looking at the 5 inch one from them and it looks exactly like the Ω spinner I have too.

I bet you are right!
aerosheldon is online now Find More Posts by aerosheldon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:13 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,351 Posts
Extra wing?

Guys,

Had a small mishap yesterday and tore up my right wing a bit.. It's fixable, but I thought I would ask, does anyone have a right wing there looking to sell?

If so? You can email me direct.. Pp ready..Thanks guys!

Timsemeraro@hotmail.com
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Oct 15, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:56 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,351 Posts
I just removed the covering, and Wow!! This is one tuff plane! There wasn't much damage at all?? I caught the wing on a asphalt runway and dumped it on the prop, then the LG.. Great part is that the prop took 90% of the impact! There isn't a scratch on the canopy cowl or even wheel pants!

I'm thinking the new build design is even stronger than the old way! I know that would have knocked the motor box loose on a extra, and broke the fuse where it meets the wing, but the laser is fine.. Not I singal crack in the fuselage!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:26 AM
How can we stop winter?
Frederick, CO
Joined Sep 2005
1,337 Posts
I pan-caked my Laser in hard the other week. The landing gear took the brunt of the blow followed but the left wing. The result, not a scratch. The landing gear mounting box are took the blow and laughed it off without a crack. Canít ask for more!

-Jeff
flyinhigh025 is offline Find More Posts by flyinhigh025
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:25 AM
Righteous 87
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Jun 2009
1,655 Posts
Went to HHAEFI this weekend and seen this plane in person and had to have it.

I have never having owned an Extreme Flight Plane, now I have two, as I was lucky enough to win a 64" MXS EXP in the raffle.
Randidly is offline Find More Posts by Randidly
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:31 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randidly View Post

I have never having owned an Extreme Flight Plane, now I have two, as I was lucky enough to win a 64" MXS EXP in the raffle.
Oh boy, you are going to be impressed with these new EF planes. These might be your first 2 but i can imagine they won't be the last
hone1er is offline Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:31 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,227 Posts
Quote:
It only takes one to get you started!
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:32 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,448 Posts
Every crash is different, I've nose in from 20 feet hard and walked away with only a broken former, I've had a some what hard landing and it knocked out the landing gear block.
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:34 AM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,902 Posts
Quote:

Yeah, I have this Laser and the quality is outstanding. It "feels" nice, the canopy and cowl for instance....

Little stuff like a piece of reinforcement at the corner of the canopy in the back, so it does not chip off as easily--you will see when you build it.
aerosheldon is online now Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:00 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,227 Posts
I was so excited to finally (after wanting one for 35 years) get a Laser that I was flying it crazy fight from the start. I had several nasty accidents with it and until the very last one, I never hurt it, and even that wasn't so bad. I just can't be out there representing Extreme Flight and flying ragged out looking planes, so I retired it. It was still in very solid flying condition.

Early on I had a rudder servo playing up, so I changed it our right there at the field. People were crowded around the plane asking how fast does it go, how high does it go.... you know the drill... and I was distracted enough that I forgot to screw the servo in. On the next flight I did a KE spin that was so violent it blew the servo out of the opening and jammed the rudder at full deflection, so it got stuck in the KE spin. At the last second I managed to get the wings level and pouned it in hard on the gear. Obviously the gear broke and an SFG folded up, and naturally the prop, but I had a spare gear in the car, and after a good check over, we made a video with the plane!

The first generation EXPs are rugged aiplanes, but the Laser doesn't give anything up in that area. That and it flies awesome. I just ordered another one so I can have a spare.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:46 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
Every crash is different, I've nose in from 20 feet hard and walked away with only a broken former, I've had a some what hard landing and it knocked out the landing gear block.
agreed
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:54 PM
Fogelsville, PA
Joined Mar 2004
671 Posts
Very nice. I swear you wax your RC planes! Mine are never that purty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
OK, so I am almost all done. QUESTION--which decal should I use on the SFG's?? I am afraid they will get beat up on the asphalt and I am tempted to use the decals elsewhere. Thoughts?

ALSO-- the tail/rudder has two more decals that have to be applied with the 'comet tails' on them.

Carbon fiber spinner looks cool, hard to tell in the pic, but I was showing the gap anyway.

Can't wait to fly her, the kit went together really well and was fun to build!

So here she is........

maverickma is offline Find More Posts by maverickma
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:39 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,227 Posts
Today I tried a set of MXS fiberglas wingtips on my Laser, courtesy of Jetinteriorguy...... Thanks, Jetinteriorguy !

The only set I had were the ones on the Extra, so Jetinteriorguy was kind enough to hook me me up. I've been giving my tips away to others who wanted to try them, but that was before I found out that I like what they do for the Extra EXP. Not so sure just yet if I like the effect it has on the Laser, but it sure looks cool.

I painted them with Krylon banner red, which is a very close match. I have some extra Laser stars with stripes decals, and I put one one each tip. The Laser is already a sick looking airplane but that really sends it over the edge, so to speak.

Unfortunately wifey is in North Carolina for a week, and so is her camera, so no photos as of yet, but believe me, it sure looks nice. I'll get some photos of it as soon as I get the camera back, provided it lives that long!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:46 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Today I tried a set of MXS fiberglas wingtips on my Laser, courtesy of Jetinteriorguy...... Thanks, Jetinteriorguy !

The only set I had were the ones on the Extra, so Jetinteriorguy was kind enough to hook me me up. I've been giving my tips away to others who wanted to try them, but that was before I found out that I like what they do for the Extra EXP. Not so sure just yet if I like the effect it has on the Laser, but it sure looks cool.

I painted them with Krylon banner red, which is a very close match. I have some extra Laser stars with stripes decals, and I put one one each tip. The Laser is already a sick looking airplane but that really sends it over the edge, so to speak.

Unfortunately wifey is in North Carolina for a week, and so is her camera, so no photos as of yet, but believe me, it sure looks nice. I'll get some photos of it as soon as I get the camera back, provided it lives that long!

They work well with the Laser, but I didnt feel the need to run them.. The laser even 3D's well with no SFG's! My Faviorite plane! Cant wait for the 60"!!

LASER!!!!!!ROCKS!!!!!!! Extreme Flight Laser EXP (3 min 38 sec)
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:19 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
seems to rock a bit more in harrier with out the sfg's

Also got the lean in there at the end
Seems to work for me when I tilt the controller also
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz