Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:51 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
I saw stgdz's plane today, and many others from EF....too bad I couldn't see it in the air...so many planes, so few batteries. That MXS makes me wish I had the time to get mine built, but I probably won't be able to start until the 11th. You also inspired me to want to get a pattern plane for practicing.
I wish I could have taken it up at that field but those trees weren't fun with the wind. Everyone should own a pattern plane! Especially the vanq, its the one plane I can't point at and say

"This one has made me a better flyer"

It doesnt have all the flashing bits the other exps have but what it has is probably the cleanest smoothest flying plans, in a 48", that I have seen.

Anyways back to the laser, doc would you say this thing as easy to Harrier as the edge? Its really shocked me at how locked in the laser gets when in Harrier. I think your assesment of the in between model for all three is pretty close with my limited time with it this weekend. I was going to Harrier through the weeds 2ft off the ground but I chickened out.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2012, 07:10 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,284 Posts
Can someone measure the width of the white portion of the covering on the wings
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:55 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,343 Posts
20 Flights the first day!

Thanks Dam youtube
Ducati Mechanic is online now Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Jun 04, 2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:58 PM
It's gone...
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Aug 2004
5,099 Posts
yer video is blocked.
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:45 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,343 Posts
It was crazy windy today, but I was still able to get a pile of flights in. The new Laser is amazing! It feels like the Extra with more rudder and elevator authority. I felt way to comfortable, and caught the rudder during a high speed inverted maneuver, causing it to snap half way off, on the first flight! It harrier lands nicely with no rudder Five minutes with thin CA, and I was back in the air! Thankfully I didn't put the stars on yet.

It pays to keep color matched covering around.

Unfortunately most of the video from today was corrupt, but I was able to salvage a few cool clips from the forth flight..

Extreme Flight 48" LASER EXP (2 min 16 sec)
Ducati Mechanic is online now Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Jun 04, 2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:01 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,437 Posts
Nice flying... Seeing the laser more it starts to have a aggressive look to me. Looks like it knife edges nicely.
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Jun 04, 2012, 05:59 AM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,197 Posts
Nice flying Tim....
MLT67 is offline Find More Posts by MLT67
Old Jun 04, 2012, 06:40 AM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Nice flying Tim

Looks like you had fun holding it in the wind...and it looked very stable and held it's lines - which is an awesome sign of a well designed and engineered air frame....looks like EF have designed a monster...
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
Old Jun 04, 2012, 06:51 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
It really is a good plane, haven't watched tims video yet but I am still getting comfortable with mine.

Extreme flight laser flight #3 (5 min 59 sec)
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Jun 04, 2012, 06:52 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,197 Posts
Tim, Stgdz

The videos were enough to push me over the edge and go press the 'Buy' button.. or at least it would have been if anywhere in the UK had them listed yet. I've sent and email to my favourite EF supplier asking for a quote but today and tomorrow are holidays in the UK so i dont expect to hear anything before Wednesday.

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Last edited by JetPlaneFlyer; Jun 04, 2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 06:59 AM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Tim, Sstgdz

The videos were enough to push me over the edge and go press the 'Buy' button.. or at least it would have been if anywhere in the UK had them listed yet. I've sent and email to my favourite EF supplier asking for a quote but today and tomorrow are holidays in the UK so i dont expect to hear anything before Wednesday.

Steve
Don't hold your breath mate - delivery is not expected till end of July early August....but this has come from my friendly supplier and not dealer so they may quote different...so worth contacting WLM to see what the state of play is - however if you are ultra keen you can get one possibly from Aerobetics in germany...but not sure if they have them yet although they quote May...
Old Jun 04, 2012, 07:22 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Bat View Post
Don't hold your breath mate - delivery is not expected till end of July early August....but this has come from my friendly supplier and not dealer so they may quote different...so worth contacting WLM to see what the state of play is - however if you are ultra keen you can get one possibly from Aerobetics in germany...but not sure if they have them yet although they quote May...
Chris (EF owner) said that delivery to UK was scheduled for 6 weeks time.. and that was about or four weeks ago.. But maybe the boat took a wrong turn somewhere

I'll see what I get back on Wednesday. I'd imagine that we will have them at the same time as Germany.

Steve
Old Jun 04, 2012, 07:28 AM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Chris (EF owner) said that delivery to UK was scheduled for 6 weeks time.. and that was about or four weeks ago.. But maybe the boat took a wrong turn somewhere

I'll see what I get back on Wednasday.

Steve
I hope that's right - my info didn't come from WLM....I guess they got this delivery date from them..but as I said WLM are the ones to talk to as they will be getting them in - and possibly there are multiple shipments and some of these may be already promised to other suppliers...etc. so possibly there will be varied expected delivery dates...so guess WLM will get them first and ship out some stocks to others...so the larger stockists with more financial clout will be the ones getting earlier stocks....so people like slough rc...etc may get them at the dates you said...but guess being a Scot...and like me you don't want to be paying WLM prices I can get an MXS for under 150 - where as WLM quote 170....*Sigh*

By the way nice Flying stgdz
Old Jun 04, 2012, 07:34 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Bat View Post
but guess being a Scot...
Nope.. I just live here.. But that doesnt mean i dont like finding the best price
Old Jun 04, 2012, 07:48 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,197 Posts
Space,

My recollection of Chris saying '6 weeks' was as it turns out partially wishfull thinking on my part.. I've checked and what Chris actually said was that the Lasers were available for European dealers to order and that Euro deliveries typically are a month behind the US.. At the time the Laser was on two week delivery to the US so I made a mental note of 6 weeks: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7691

That's all well and good providing WLM have actually ordered some

Hopefully I'll get word soon.

Steve