HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:13 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
That tail section wouldn't be too hard to replicate with a push pull system to keep the weight of the tail
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:48 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,867 Posts
Since the laser is the grandpappy of modern day aerobatic planes is this one going to come with an AARP card

stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Mar 2006
119 Posts
Looks awesome!

I can't wait to make this my first 48" EXP!
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Old Feb 28, 2012, 04:03 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50%plane View Post
Looks awesome!

I can't wait to make this my first 48" EXP!
I can't wait to make this my first 60" EXP! (wink, wink )

Looks like the perfect way to get me to shell out the $$$ to upgrade my old 58" Extra.

w w w . r c t r u t h . c o m
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Last edited by G.P.; Sep 03, 2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 04:26 PM
SoCal
Joined Aug 2010
150 Posts
Just when I finally get all three 48" EXP's, another one comes along to obsess over!
DarwinF is offline Find More Posts by DarwinF
Old Feb 28, 2012, 05:01 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
Joined Jul 2011
3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinF View Post
Just when I finally get all three 48" EXP's, another one comes along to obsess over!
Don't forget about the pantera and the two other un-announced 48's
Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:49 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Don't forget about the pantera and the two other un-announced 48's
Shhhhhh...... No one knows about the Slick EXP.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:27 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo!
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:50 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
Joined Jul 2011
3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Shhhhhh...... No one knows about the Slick EXP.
to be a little bit honest, the slick looks exactly like the laser. I can't believe I said that but when I saw the laser I thought, man the slick looks really similar to that.

The laser looks better though andI haven't been a fan of my slicks flying characteristics. I much prefer my EF planes, not shooting down the other guys I just like the EF planes or maybe its because I really like the cover designs that EF does. Each one is different but I like all of them.

The laser is tempting me but I think I am going to wait a bit for the CAP EXP. Would really like a 480 sized EXP plane though, be it edge, extra, mxs, etc I just really like how the EF planes fly and it would be nice to bring one of them fully assembled to lunch flying in the summer. Wish it would stop snowing so I can get some flying time, but after the snow comes the wind
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:10 PM
SoCal
Joined Aug 2010
150 Posts
OK, now my head is spinning and I am beginning to hyperventilate!
DarwinF is offline Find More Posts by DarwinF
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:38 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,277 Posts
Ye-haw. I got the Frankenputer to boot! Let's see if I can get a whole post complete before it crashes.................

Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
to be a little bit honest, the slick looks exactly like the laser. I can't believe I said that but when I saw the laser I thought, man the slick looks really similar to that.
Somewhere on the full size Slick website they say their plane is based on the Laser. I will see if I can find it.

Quote:
The laser looks better though andI haven't been a fan of my slicks flying characteristics.
IIRC you had a 42", which is a good little plane. I wish we had something in that size. A 42" Laser or MXS would smoke ass.

Quote:
I much prefer my EF planes,
Lots of that going around since the EXPs came out.

Quote:
Would really like a 480 sized EXP plane though, be it edge, extra, mxs, etc I just really like how the EF planes fly and it would be nice to bring one of them fully assembled to lunch flying in the summer.
I'm pretty sure it is impossible to build something the quality of an EXP at a price people are willing to pay for a 40-42" aircraft. There is so much expensive G10 composite, carbon rods, quality geodetic construction, and genuine Ultrakote in these planes that they are just never going to be cheap.

Chris has this vision of what the EXPs should be, and they are never, ever, ever going to be less than that. That means all the G10 and all the carbon that the plane needs is always going to be there, the planes will always be covered in genuine Ultrakote, and the hardware is always going to be the best he can get.

I hope I am wrong and Chris finds a way to bring us something in the 40 inch class size.

Having said that, I'de pay $180 tomorrow for a 42" Laser or MXS EXP and not even blink, and then I would hammer the hell out it.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:48 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,277 Posts
Here it is.....................

So there's a reason they look similar. One was based a lot off the other.

Of course, none of these 48" class aircraft are exact scale duplicates of anything. Most of them are just cartoons of the original. Compare any Extra ARF to a real one and it's only the styling cues that make them look similar.

But, I mean, who cares? If we wanted to fly scale we would fly scale and not doing manuevers that would make the pilot's brains pop out all over the inside of the canopy. I'm just happy we have such awesome flying aircraft that are so attractive looking on top of it.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:03 AM
Flying High Again!
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Sep 2005
199 Posts
Good old Lasers!

A picture of my EZ Laser 200 back in the 80's with a Rossi on it or should I say whats left after a flame out during a low altitude maneuver.

Can't wait to OWN one of these new Lasers......SWEEEEEEEET
Triptykon is offline Find More Posts by Triptykon
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:48 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,935 Posts
Oh boy, I can't wait for this one to be available from Desert Aircraft Australia .
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:41 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
Oh boy, I can't wait for this one to be available from Desert Aircraft Australia .
I seem to remember you guys down under got your MXS about two weeks before we did.