HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 26, 2012, 09:10 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,249 Posts
Doesn't matter what factory it comes out of as long it is made to spec per EF design, same factory doesn't mean same plane in any regards
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2012, 09:33 AM
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Feb 2004
2,302 Posts
Let's all take a deep breath and relax...........
Rest assured we have not changed factories. We are still working with the premier ARF factory in China that we have been with since 2005 and if this were to change I would get out of the ARF business altogether.
If you guys recall we began work on this plane last Summer and my trip to China and test flights were in the Fall of 2011. All of the newer design features were developed by myself and our CAD engineers that have worked with me for 7 years now. Our factory had been using the recessed wing pockets on the Sebart aircraft and suggested we try it on some of our newer designs (our Yaks have used this feature for years). We modified our motor box design to the specs of our 60 inch aircraft as they have proven to be very strong and easier to produce. As for the box, as I've mentioned before our cost on everything has increased over 30% across the board. By going to a label rather than a fully printed box we are able to save a little bit of money and I can assure you that it will not affect flight performance in any way ;-)
Do you guys honestly think that we would release a product that doesn't meet or exceed the quality or performance of our previous products?
As far as Hobbyking, I really don't keeep up with them. I am far too busy with the multiple new projects we are working on and we are in the middle of show season so we are traveling most weekends. I also received a last minute invite to compete in the XFC so I am running like mad to get my music and routine together.
I do know that between Sebart and EF we keep our factory running at maximum capacity year round. All of the other factories in the region look to ours for ideas and inspiration (there are probably 20 ARF manufacturers within an hour of our factory) so I am not surprised to see other models released with similar features.
The Laser EXP webpage will go live on Tuesday and they will be available for ordering.
Enjoy your weekend fellas.
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Site Sponsor
Old May 26, 2012, 09:39 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,133 Posts
Any idea when the Laser will hit the shores of the UK?.. I recall that someone mentioned six weeks, I think that was maybe three weeks ago?

steve
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old May 26, 2012, 09:43 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
No. Sooner, but I can't say when. Just hold on. It won't be that long.

Thanks for the update Chris!

Right on Doc! Great Info! Cant wait to see more, and your flight Vids! Back to our regular programming.. Glad you got ther first one! Congrats!

Ducati Mechanic is online now Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old May 26, 2012, 09:44 AM
Joined Feb 2004
2,302 Posts
Steve, it is best to check with WLM. They will know their container arrival schedule, I do not have this information.
Site Sponsor
Old May 26, 2012, 09:48 AM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,197 Posts
Chris congrats on the XFC invite - good luck to you and the other Team Extreme Members.

MLT
MLT67 is offline Find More Posts by MLT67
Old May 26, 2012, 09:58 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLT67 View Post
Chris congrats on the XFC invite - good luck to you and the other Team Extreme Members.

MLT
yeah I saw that a couple of days ago, it looks like the EF pilots make up a majority of the freestyle competition, close to 50%!

Can't wait for the laser to arrive, can we anticipate the pantera having these same features as the laser?
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old May 26, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined Feb 2004
2,302 Posts
All of our aircraft are constantly evolving as we learn better ways of doing things. We strive to make improvements with each new release. The Pantera will incorporate all we have learned leading up to its release.
Site Sponsor
Old May 26, 2012, 10:05 AM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
The Laser EXP webpage will go live on Tuesday and they will be available for ordering.
Enjoy your weekend fellas.
Awesome!
C_Watkins is online now Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2012, 10:07 AM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,855 Posts
I'm just checking in, what did I miss?

Chris has there been any firm plans for another size other than a 60" version?
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old May 26, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Feb 2004
2,302 Posts
Not yet, but we are currently testing the 60 inch version. The Holman brothers are in love with it!
Site Sponsor
Old May 26, 2012, 10:14 AM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,855 Posts
Thanks and good luck at the XFC!!!
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old May 26, 2012, 11:47 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
So doc how does it fly and what does it fly like?
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old May 26, 2012, 12:06 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
So doc how does it fly and what does it fly like?
Going out to test in in a few minutes. I was up until 2 am working on the report so we slept in a little late.

I suspect in a lot of ways it will be similar to the Extra, but this thing is so light it's gotta be really floaty.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old May 26, 2012, 12:28 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
quick comment: Whatever the reason the HK birds and the EF Laser look similar is of no matter to me.

-What I don't like (just personal preference) is the wing attachment method. I like being able to quickly screw in the plastic thumb screws, and don't like the extra structure going across the fuse. Just my opinion.

-I also don't care much for the recessed wing design. I'm not sure what it adds to the airplane? I had (for a few weeks until I dumped it) the HK Slick and a Sebart Sebach with the recessed design, and it personally isn't appealing to me. I'm curious if there is a structural benefit, since Chris said it was factory suggested? Or maybe it is less costly to build the plane that way?

Either way, I know it'll fly right if I order it from EF... and that is what really counts. The HK Slick flew like junk compared to my EF birds, so laser jig cut-outs similarities or not, EF makes a better plane.

I'm probably going to hold off on the Laser and save up for the Yak and the Pantera, but I wish EF and all you Laser buyers great luck and happy flying!

-Gary
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)