HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2012, 10:38 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,809 Posts
I always wanted a Laser in the worst way. Leo Loudenslager was my hero. Man, that guy could really fly. Him and Art Scholl.

Anyway, there wasn't a good one to be had in 1985 unless you bought a 1/4 Godfrey, and I didn't have that kind of money. While they weren't lasers, other aerobatic planes at least looked interesting. I tried Caps, and Zlins and all that, but they really sucked back them. They were flying buckets of crap, tip stalling monsters. The only one in a 40-60 nitro size that flew good was Hano Prettner's Dalotel, but that thing was so ugly I would not have been caught dead flying one.

Finally, in 1990 I just got fed up flying ugly sticks or pylon racing and I quit. You can imagine my surprise coming back and seeing all of these scale aerobatic ARFs that flew so well. I kind of fell in love with the Extra 260, because it looks sort of like a Laser, and later the Edge.

Still, I have wanted a good Laser all this time.

Two weeks.

Are they here yet?
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2012, 01:16 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,446 Posts
Has a second colour scheme been shown yet? It's going to be hard to beat the "traditional" scheme though.
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Old May 04, 2012, 02:08 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,592 Posts
Red only.. straight from the horses mouth: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7692
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old May 04, 2012, 02:14 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,446 Posts
Thanks!
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Old May 04, 2012, 07:22 AM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,555 Posts
Red'll do.
I always liked the blue/yellow one, too... but definitely diggin' the red.
Time to source me some "Bud Light" vinyl
C_Watkins is offline Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by C_Watkins; May 04, 2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old May 04, 2012, 08:35 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Watkins View Post
Red'll do.
I always liked the blue/yellow one, too... but definitely diggin' the red.
Time to source me some "Bud Light" vinyl

B&E Graphix just made a custon package for my Edge. They make a lot of custom stuff for these planes, and I'll bet they will have the Bud Lites avaialable for this plane.

Last edited by Doc Austin; May 25, 2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old May 04, 2012, 09:09 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Crap I think I want a laser.

I am going to try to hold for the pantera but the laser design is growing on me.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old May 04, 2012, 09:39 AM
This is NOT a TOY?
Joined Jul 2011
2,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
B&E Graphix just made a custon package for my Edge. They make a lot of custom stuff for these planes, and I'll bet they will have the Bud Lites avaialable for this plane.
Definitely the first place I was going to ask
They do awesome work, no doubt.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2012, 09:43 AM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,875 Posts
I have used B&E, NachosCheese, and Bad Brad … highly recommended.

I am going to hold off for a larger Laser I think, although I may not be able to resist this one because it is here so soon
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old May 04, 2012, 10:41 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Watkins View Post
Definitely the first place I was going to ask
They do awesome work, no doubt.
I just had B&E cut vinyl graphixs for my 78" Extra.. Those guys rock! He returned my Emails within one hour, and shipped my custom cut Vinyl within 24 hours!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old May 04, 2012, 11:00 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,809 Posts
What I was really after was duplicating the original scheme, because the vinyl is so much easier to apply and looks so much nicer. I send Eric a picture of the plane and the scheme I wanted. I didn't expect the package to come with the Thunder Power decals for the rudder, or the flag for the nose, but it did.

I am sure B&E will probably make the Bud Light decals for the Laser. Tey make graphics packages for all the Extreme Flight planes, so this would just be another one.

There's not much to add to the scheme the way it will come. Looks like it should be a reasonably priced package.

Old May 04, 2012, 11:05 AM
This is NOT a TOY?
Joined Jul 2011
2,555 Posts
I wish I knew if the Laser is going to have the Extreme Flight budlight-ized logos as they are on the prototype.
Me, I'd probably keep those, grab some Bud Light's for the fuse sides, and maybe a set for the underside of the wing
(Or yeah, now that I see that picture... maybe put the EF ones on the underside. lol)
Always thought that was a sharp plane.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2012, 11:07 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Great shot! Im starting to get excited about the new Laser EXP. Ill be pulling the Trigger ASAP!

I just relized, I hav'nt purchased a new airframe in at least 6 months! I deserve a laser!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old May 04, 2012, 12:23 PM
USA, WY, Cody
Joined Jan 2008
422 Posts
Would love some Bud Light decals on a Laser, but most of the graphics folks shy away from trademarked logos. I wanted some BL Lime stickers to put on my Mojo 40 profile, and 2 local vinyl shops didn't wanna do it for that reason. Didn't think toy airplanes would cause too much ruckus, but you never know...
wyo69cowboy is offline Find More Posts by wyo69cowboy
Old May 04, 2012, 12:44 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo69cowboy View Post
Would love some Bud Light decals on a Laser, but most of the graphics folks shy away from trademarked logos. I wanted some BL Lime stickers to put on my Mojo 40 profile, and 2 local vinyl shops didn't wanna do it for that reason. Didn't think toy airplanes would cause too much ruckus, but you never know...
Red Bull shut a bunch of people down. Unbelievable as much money as they spend promoting that stuff that they would think Red Bull on an RC plane would hurt them.

But I do get it. Porsche shut down the whole model car industry because crappy toys were being produced using the Porsche logo. They just didn't want their name on a crappy product, but they can't police the entire toy/model industry and decide when to make exceptions. They pretty much have to guard their copyright every time against every one.

However, I am going to get Bud Light decals custom made for mine some how, some way, and I am gonna take it over to Bush Garderns in Tampa and fly it. That's sure going to be an interesting video.