SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 14, 2012, 11:53 AM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
72 Posts
Arkole,

Thanks for the pictures. I think I'm at about the end of my scale detailing other than the cockpit. I made up some scale 2D pictures of the side panels and installing them now before I get the pilots in. But you never know...might be room fo a trim or decale.....

I also like the Navy version on this T-6A, but the AF version is where my heart lies. My son finished up training in this aircraft about 3 - 4 months ago and I know he just loved flying this airplane. He just finished his upgrade on the KC135 last week and will heading back to NH where he is based out of with the ANG.
Snaer810 is offline Find More Posts by Snaer810
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2012, 02:19 PM
Lubbock, TX
Joined Feb 2007
333 Posts
I'm retired Navy and was around the Airedales all the time. Do you think they'll ever produce a second painted version like the Navy version? It would be easier to see in the air as a side benefit
N227CT is offline Find More Posts by N227CT
Old May 14, 2012, 05:53 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2011
241 Posts
Glad you guys liked the pix. I would have loved to get some of the inside but unlike several other planes on the line this one was never opened up for viewing
Arkole Blake is offline Find More Posts by Arkole Blake
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:29 AM
Lubbock, TX
Joined Feb 2007
333 Posts
Anything new on this conversion? I'm pretty interested in the model. Looked at the Seagull one but wing loading seems high with many reporting stall/spin accidents. I think this one, being larger, would fly a little better...
N227CT is offline Find More Posts by N227CT
Old Jun 15, 2012, 07:10 AM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,003 Posts
it flies awesome, but you need to learn its unique takeoff and landing style; because of the bottom dorsal fin out on the tail, you have to let it fly itself off the runway, and give just a little back elevator. Same with landing, dont flare or it will tail strike. you have to let it fly on to the mains. A little challenging for the first few times but now its alot of fun.
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Old Jun 15, 2012, 02:56 PM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
72 Posts
N227CT, have not flown the aircraft as yet. Waiting on the Ver. 3 gear as I had a few more issues with the Ver. 2. Won't be until 1st of July, but it sounds like the problems have been taken care of. ESM and TBM are really taking care of things and that works for me. Other that the gear I'm ready to go into the air.

I also am looking at dropping down to an 18X10. I believe I'm pulling a bit to many amps and not getting the RPM that I think it should have with the 18X12. Only 6200. You guys have any ideas on this with the previous numbers I posted???? Sure would like to hear your input. Matt what do think since your running that E flite 160???

Thanks

Mike
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:42 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,003 Posts
I personally think you are way over propped. Im running a 16x8 4 blade and at the top of the motors numbers per the data logger. it pulls really well, almost unlimited vertical, and very fast with the 16x8 4 blade. I think you will run the risk of burning something up with that big prop.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Jul 2008
63 Posts
Retracts

Finally back to having some time to get back into the Texan. I'm not sure I going to wait on the V3's as I don't want to be the trailblazer........again I've looked at Lado's and like everything except the 5mm hole for the main struts. Really like the V2's 11mm as it makes them more rigid. Sierra does not at this time make a set for the Texan, according to Tomas at VQ WARBIRDS. I guess I'll have to just go with Robart? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
2Big is offline Find More Posts by 2Big
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:45 PM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
72 Posts
2Big.. Do you already have the V2 gear? It really sounded like they have the problems licked with the V3's. Robarts a good choice, just didn't want the hassel of the air system. I'm even waiting for the Robart electric actuators to replace the air system in my TF P51 put out by "Down and Locked". Just getting tired of working on the air system all the time and the unrealistic travel of the gear. But everyone has their own preferences on these things. That's what keeps things interesting....
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:50 PM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
72 Posts
Matt....I believe your right on being over Propped. It is a 6374 192KV motor (a bit larger than the E Flite 160) which was to be able to swing a larger prop, but maybe not quite that much. Still researching some though. Do you think I would gain much in dropping to an 18 X 10? Would really like to stick with a scale looking prop if at all possible.
Last edited by Snaer810; Jun 21, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined Jul 2008
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaer810 View Post
2Big.. Do you already have the V2 gear? It really sounded like they have the problems licked with the V3's. Robarts a good choice, just didn't want the hassel of the air system. I'm even waiting for the Robart electric actuators to replace the air system in my TF P51 put out by "Down and Locked". Just getting tired of working on the air system all the time and the unrealistic travel of the gear. But everyone has their own preferences on these things. That's what keeps things interesting....
I did have the V2's but they were going crazy when I cycled the gears and wouldn't stop cycling. I thought about waiting for the V3's but not too confident that they will be any better. May go with the Lado's and drill them out to 8mm as mentioned by Lado's tech. Still don't want to mess with air either but, it's not too bad once ya learn the tricks and just get it done. However, I do like the idea of using the elect. actuaters like you have on your stang. I do like a challange....
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:07 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,003 Posts
They are actually called V2.5, not V3, and they are out, just not shipped yet for the T6. I have the V2.5's on my new ESM Skyraider and they have stronger gears and rubber bumpstops to prevent stripping. So far so good!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:20 PM
Joined Jul 2008
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
They are actually called V2.5, not V3, and they are out, just not shipped yet for the T6. I have the V2.5's on my new ESM Skyraider and they have stronger gears and rubber bumpstops to prevent stripping. So far so good!
I heard that they were shipping only to the folks that were having issues with the V2's first and that was like 6 weeks ago. They offerd me a spot in line for the new version but I passed. I've heard of lots of guys that never had any issues with V1's or V2's but I'm never that lucky. How many flights have you had on the 2.5's? Do you have them all on one channel? This really looks like a fun lazy flier and I'm getting anxious........
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:37 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,003 Posts
its definitely not lazy by any means. She's a 23 lb giant scale warbird. What it does have over others in the same size and weight class is a compound wing with a nice thick airfoil. It hauls the mail but will slow down for an easier-than-expected landing.

Im still building the Skyraider but cycled them alot and no issues so far.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:33 AM
Joined Jul 2008
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
its definitely not lazy by any means. She's a 23 lb giant scale warbird. What it does have over others in the same size and weight class is a compound wing with a nice thick airfoil. It hauls the mail but will slow down for an easier-than-expected landing.

Im still building the Skyraider but cycled them alot and no issues so far.
To clearify, lazy = uneventful predictable landings as opposed to my race planes or the 42% carf yak that keeps dead sticking at 1/2 a mistake of the deck.......

This definately looks predictable and stress free......