HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:48 AM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
72 Posts
Looking assume Matt. Great Job!! Just got back from the Toledo RC Expo. A lot of great looking aircraft and new stuff out on the market. Picked up a nice 4 port battery charger and power supply. Also picked up some wiring harness's including a quick disconnect with the anti-spark from MPI. Just waiting for the prop and spinner now.

Mike
Snaer810 is offline Find More Posts by Snaer810
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:33 PM
Joined Jul 2008
62 Posts
Texan

Awesome picts and great job. Gives me ideas on the finishing touches to make this bird really show.
2Big is offline Find More Posts by 2Big
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:49 PM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
72 Posts
Great Looking Bird BIG!!! Like the Belia Prop on there!!

What engine package did you go with....kind of looks like a DLE 20CC the way its all fitting in there. or is that the 30CC Nice job of getting things to fit.

Just recieved my sound system from Model Solutions and it sounds great. Now I'm trying to get everything sync with the throttle. Thats a whole different story..

Did you maiden yours yet?

Mike
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:42 PM
Joined Jul 2008
62 Posts
Pte36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaer810 View Post
Great Looking Bird BIG!!! Like the Belia Prop on there!!

What engine package did you go with....kind of looks like a DLE 20CC the way its all fitting in there. or is that the 30CC Nice job of getting things to fit.

Just recieved my sound system from Model Solutions and it sounds great. Now I'm trying to get everything sync with the throttle. Thats a whole different story..

Did you maiden yours yet?

Mike
I went with the PTE36R (Pterodactyl) that TBM recommended. Has great torque for a more agressive prop.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1512356

Haven't flown er yet. I'm still waiting for TBM to send me the replacement canopy....grrrr. Thinking about a super bright set of LED's would really make it pop. Would like to put a small smoke system in it like the Smoke EL system from UsaRCJets.com and have it come out of the dummy exhaust stacks, but I'm worried about added weight. I'll probably should just fly it an enjoy it. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have er up. Would love to see any video's that are out there.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:46 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Big View Post
I went with the PTE36R (Pterodactyl) that TBM recommended. Has great torque for a more agressive prop.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1512356

Haven't flown er yet. I'm still waiting for TBM to send me the replacement canopy....grrrr. Thinking about a super bright set of LED's would really make it pop. Would like to put a small smoke system in it like the Smoke EL system from UsaRCJets.com and have it come out of the dummy exhaust stacks, but I'm worried about added weight. I'll probably should just fly it an enjoy it. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have er up. Would love to see any video's that are out there.
what's your current weight? Mine is at 22 lbs and flies like a much lighter bird. Very manageable and landings are uneventful with full flaps.
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:38 AM
Joined Jul 2008
62 Posts
pull pull

I'll try to get a weight on it soon. Trying to figure out my amp load with 7 5645mg's. Then I'm assuming that the elect retracts will add three more servos. I'm only using a single switch to run the whole plane including the ECM for the engine all on one batt. May have to add a switch and use an A123 w/ two deans out to ensure no spikes.
Anyway, here's some dubro exit guides that I found laying in my stash bin for the pull pull...
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Jul 2008
62 Posts
pull pull

Forgot the picts.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Jul 2008
62 Posts
firewall

Any idea as to why the factory can't get the firewall issue fixed? Here's my fix. A little added weight but there was absolutly no way that the origional firewall would have worked. The motor moved as it were mounted in 1/16 ply.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:46 AM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
72 Posts
Hey 2Big.... I'm not sure on the firewall problem.. Sems like they did such a great job on the rest of the aircraft fusealage that they could have gotten a flat firewall surface.

As in post 54 I also had to use a piece of 1/4 ply in order to get a flat surface. Still am going to have to tweak the mount a bit when I get the prop and spinner. It still has some angles in therre I don't like.

Nice job on the rudder hook up. Keeps it pretty clean looking actually. I'm still going with a rod coming up thru the base of the rudder.

Later

Mike
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Jul 2008
62 Posts
Rudder

Quote:
Hey 2Big.... I'm not sure on the firewall problem.. Sems like they did such a great job on the rest of the aircraft fusealage that they could have gotten a flat firewall surface.

As in post 54 I also had to use a piece of 1/4 ply in order to get a flat surface. Still am going to have to tweak the mount a bit when I get the prop and spinner. It still has some angles in therre I don't like.

Nice job on the rudder hook up. Keeps it pretty clean looking actually. I'm still going with a rod coming up thru the base of the rudder.

Later

Mike
I'd really like to see your rudder with the push/pull set up. I wanted to do that but just went with the pull/pull. Would be nice to see if there was a way to hide everything. Hope we can get a video posted soon. I need some encouragement.... lol
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:17 AM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
72 Posts
Yea,

I was hoping Matt would have some video by now........ The still he has posted are great and with his coming in at 22lbs.. I was wondering as he was on how it would fly at that weight, but he is indiacting it flys so much lighter. Great Flying airplane.

Mike
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:42 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,938 Posts
Quote:
Yea,

I was hoping Matt would have some video by now........ The still he has posted are great and with his coming in at 22lbs.. I was wondering as he was on how it would fly at that weight, but he is indiacting it flys so much lighter. Great Flying airplane.

Mike
Video coming this week while Im camping at SEFF!

BTW, my firewall was flat as could be. Quality control can be hit and miss with Chinese manufacturing. ESM seems to be on the right track with their current line of aircraft, but it happens...
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined Jul 2008
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
Video coming this week while Im camping at SEFF!

BTW, my firewall was flat as could be. Quality control can be hit and miss with Chinese manufacturing. ESM seems to be on the right track with their current line of aircraft, but it happens...
My firewall was perfectly flat too, however the problem existed because the piece of wood (firewall) that they tried to glue on the inside of the nose area, was too small, and not fully pressed against the fiberglass bulkhead as the glue cured. This in turn, gave no rigid support for the engine to mount to and would have quickly failed in flight under the torque and vibration. Not a big deal as the plane is really done well in other areas. I've def. seen worse... Would like to see a larger version that would accept a DA-85 or ZDZ-90, with smoke!!
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:16 AM
Joined Jul 2008
62 Posts
Tail fin

I've took a wire coat hanger an bent it to conform to the rear lower tail fin an secured it via Hysol. Hopefully this will help eliminate the wear on the tail upon takeoff.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:00 PM
Joined Jul 2008
62 Posts
Gear

Can anyone tell me how they chose to hook up the version II gear to the radio? I tried two Y-harnesses and when I flipped the switch, they all cycled back and forth. I'm guessing that they are drawing too many amps and are senseing false end points. My next choice is to just use an Aux input and link them in a mix on the Tx.