HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:09 AM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,227 Posts
Discussion
hobby king's delay in shipping

their time between i placed an order (paying paypal, that means they have my money right there) to them sending it has been 2 days...until now.
recently i placed 2 orders and they took over a week to ship the 1st 1, and still am waiting for the 2nd after 1 week. and they showed 'in stock' for the 2nd 1 (gws props) when i placed the order, and still have been showing 'in stock'. how could be that they have it in stock and don't ship it right away? over a week to pack it and mail it?
what's going on?
or could be that they have so many orders that are unable to send them in 2 days?
what's your recent experience guys?
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:29 AM
United States, IL, Aurora
Joined Aug 2011
32 Posts
Never ever again with Hobby King. My first order with them, ordered batteries 2 weeks ago that were in-stock. 4days later shows printed in warehouse, sat like that for a week, now it doesn't show printed in warehouse and still hasn't shipped two weeks later. Tried chat and they said it would ship by the end of the week, guess what, week came and left, still not shipped. Like I said, never ever again with Hobby King.

Don't do it.
darimont is offline Find More Posts by darimont
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Jul 2007
5,227 Posts
to be fair...

as i said, before, they have been shipping in 2 days. for about 2 years.
so they have not been doing bad-until now.
it is only now that they are dragging their feet, and i am wondering why.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:47 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,170 Posts
FWIW
If you take order numbers as an indication of the business they are doing Phil, their business almost doubled during the holiday season. Went from ~3000 orders/day to 5000+ orders/day.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Last edited by hoppy; Feb 27, 2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Jul 2007
5,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
FWIW
If you take order numbers as an indication of the business they are doing Phil, their business almost doubled during the holiday season. Went from ~3000 orders/day to 5000+ orders/day.
so when is holiday season? just to try to avoid it.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
FWIW
Where are they located and what major holiday have they had in past 30 days ?
Buddmann is offline Find More Posts by Buddmann
Old Feb 27, 2012, 04:15 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
so when is holiday season? just to try to avoid it.
Orders started slowing down for me starting in Dec and have continued slow through Jan. That was the US holiday season followed by the Chinese New Year which started on Jan 23rd, 2012 and ran to Feb 6th. HK was almost completely shut down for a portion of that time.
Prior to Dec 2011, I was getting 9 day delivery with the cheapest mail option. Since then it's been running around 17 days +/-.

There was a 190312 order number difference between an order I made on 1/20/12 and one placed on 2/23/12. That's 35 days or 5400+ orders/day so the in-rush hasn't slowed down.. That's a lot of orders......................................... Hopefully they are staffing up to handle the workload. In the meantime, and perhaps for the long term, I'm going with the US vendors if they have the parts I need. Many are meeting/beating the HK prices now so why sit around waiting for parts.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Last edited by hoppy; Feb 27, 2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:14 AM
Joined Jul 2007
5,227 Posts
9 days for shipping!

just checked into my account and it shows shipped, after 9 days since i placed the order.
and they still have not notified me.

now the wait for canada's post office. it takes about 7 days from the moment hk sends, to the time orders reach me.

oh, well.