SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 29, 2012, 01:07 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioinc View Post
I guess i'm still going to go with the Mini CP, but still for the price they sell that solo pro 125 it's really worth considering...
The MinCP is a well proven heli, all its +'s and the very few -'s are known, whereas the NE 125 is at this stage an unknown.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:49 AM
Crash Dummy
United States, CA, South Lake Tahoe
Joined Mar 2009
29 Posts
ordered a mini CP on monday from wow. emailed after to see if i could upgrade to devo6s when the stock arrived. called today to check on my order. they said the 6s will be 1 week. the problem is, they don't have a miniCP for me. that's 2+ weeks away. dammit. i have no patience.
filthBOX is offline Find More Posts by filthBOX
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:13 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthBOX View Post
EDIT: indoorheli answered my question as I was typing.

I just ordered the mini from wow. My question now relates to brushless motors.

I have the Turbo Ace 31714 inrunner, along with various pinions, from 12t to 20t. I intend to try to use it along with the 2.9g tail, and the 4g3 esc's. I think my pinions are m .5 or whatever the 4g3 pinions were. If anyone has some input on this, please feel free to share.

thanks
For a mini...way too much..but for a 120d02 or something itll be good.

For the mini get a c05m 11500kv and you will be happy
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:50 PM
Crash Dummy
Joined Mar 2009
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
For a mini...way too much..but for a 120d02 or something itll be good.

For the mini get a c05m 11500kv and you will be happy
Thanks for your response. I guess i'm kinda happy about that... next question (and the inspiration for this line is money... I have these motors). I have the red can turbo ace, the black, walkera stock brushless, and 2 2.9g tails. is too much really too much? or will it just fly on lower power. If i beefed up the power system, could i fly the 500 or 600 mAh packs?

Again, thank you for your input. unfortunately, i now have some time to wait for my machine to get here to try it out.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:33 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
You might be able to get away with it..but I think for an extra 25 bucks you would be happier with a c05. You could even sell your other motors and they will pay for it

A few posts ago there was talk about how durable and stable the mcpx is with unfortunately no personal comparison to the mini....So I just wanted to post a video from yesterday of how crazy stable and tuff the miniCP is. At the end i did crash but no damage I just flipped it back over and continued to clean the floors
MiniCP Floor Sweep (2 min 17 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 29, 2012, 03:14 PM
Crash Dummy
Joined Mar 2009
29 Posts
I guess i'm just worried about the brushed tail. I replaced my Q receiver 5 times because of worn tail motors, contact with ground on landings, or close calls = smoking cockpit. I really just wanna use a BL tail. i have stock walkera BL tails as well. perhaps that alone might be a worthy upgrade? I'm not trying to fly 3d yet, i'm just thinking longevity. I do like the idea of selling some motors for a new one. I also have a GoPro Hero I just found on the ski-hill that i'd like to sell.

p.s. nice job on the floor... can you put a swiffer on the blades and dry mop too?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 03:42 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
If you are ruining a rx do to the tail motor wires touching and frying the rx I think you can add a small fuse to trip before hurting your esc
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 29, 2012, 04:08 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,866 Posts
Any way to fly MCP with spektrum radio? I don't want another TX, but I'd like to try this heli.
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Feb 29, 2012, 04:16 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Nope unless you want to spektrumize it which you would loose what the gyros have to offer

I bought a nice radio for both brands because I like what each have to offer
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 29, 2012, 04:31 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,478 Posts
I still can't get over the bashing of the devo7? I get it. It looks just like the supper simple WK 4 channel radios that had a screen for looks only. I had one guy put it to shame at the lhs thinking the same thing and I never could convince him it was truly a full programmable radio and MOST people on here do the same and have never owned one. It is difficult to navigate at first, but as soon as you learn how it is as programmable and capable as any 2.4 radio. I just hate it when things get a bad rap for absolutely no reason other than ignorance
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:09 PM
Australia
Joined Oct 2000
1,221 Posts
I know many of us do not like to carry more than one tx around when we go flying but if you like Walkera or NE products u dont really have a choice. These manufacturers are there to make money, they what u to buy their TX to go with their products, also in the manufacturing process they can guarantee it works because they do not have to test all other Rx to be compatible with their products. I fly with the Futaba 9CAP but I also have the CB100 tx and the NE tx Forget the Solo Pro 100..the quality is complete opps to the Solo Pro II. My club has heaps of MCPX flying around but they do seem to be falling out of the sky, good training tool for the bigger heli..lots of them gain confident flying their bigger 500 and 700 by using it, especially low inverted and nose it. One advantage, parts at your LHS.

After all my research I think the Mini CP is the way to go if u want to push the envelop of micro heli...$200 from HobbyWing with a Devo7 sounds reasonable.
MartinL is offline Find More Posts by MartinL
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:00 PM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
Quote:
If you are ruining a rx do to the tail motor wires touching and frying the rx I think you can add a small fuse to trip before hurting your esc
I want to know more about the fuse. Can you put a small fuse in your positive tail wire to save the RX? Will that work?

Moto
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:47 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Hmm, I'm late on throttle hold with the genius and mini a lot and no rx issues. They actually seem pretty robust in that area. I did blow a genius rx, but that was my fault for shorting out the board with a bad soldering job.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:50 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post
I want to know more about the fuse. Can you put a small fuse in your positive tail wire to save the RX? Will that work?

Moto
I'm interested in this as well. Does the Mcp have a replaceable mosfet for the tail motor like the mcpx?
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:11 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I will have to find the page were I read about it. It is not something I have done myself.

I dont have my miniCp home with me tonight but I am sure it has a tail FET that could be replaced
RCG Plus Member