HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:20 AM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,346 Posts
Discussion
Parksone BF-109-Is it still in production?

I have recently asked this question on this forum. The answer came back that it was out of production. Looking at the Horizon website, it was not listed.

When I received my new MA magazine today, there was a new add, which included the new Spitfire, the Mustang, the P-47, and the 109, so I was wondering if it had been reinstated.

I really like this airplane (it is a great flying airplane), and was sorry to hear that it had left the lineup.
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:47 AM
Salt Lake City, Utah
Joined Jul 2009
81 Posts
Last I saw was that replacement parts were being sold on their website but I haven't seen the BNF or PNP kits. It's a shame that they'd cancel it because it flies as straight as an arrow.
Hash Wagon is offline Find More Posts by Hash Wagon
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:29 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hash Wagon View Post
Last I saw was that replacement parts were being sold on their website but I haven't seen the BNF or PNP kits. It's a shame that they'd cancel it because it flies as straight as an arrow.
+1
Seconded; beautiful flier
...and her slightly extra bulk makes her ideal for those slighly windier conditions that I might be reluctant to put up one of my other PZ birds.

Nice chunky-section foam surfaces to enable easy / sturdy repairs too.
Plane Chaos is offline Find More Posts by Plane Chaos
Last edited by Plane Chaos; Feb 27, 2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:58 AM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2005
2,694 Posts
Good News!!! When I spoke with Matt, from HH, at this weekend's WRAM show, I mentioned how disappointed I was that the BF-109 has been discontinued by PZ. Matt said that PZ is considering bringing the BF-109 back for a brief period. If the new add shows the BF-109, I guess the decission has been made. Shortly after getting my BF-109 when it was first released, I had an opportunity to buy a replacement plane (PNP) for a good price, so I have all of the spare parts that I'll need for the foreseeable future, but I'm glad the rest of the BF-109 fans will have another chance at this winderful bird.
Leo L is offline Find More Posts by Leo L
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Aug 2011
145 Posts
It's still advertised as available in the UK, on several web sites eg

http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk...d.asp?id=29304

No idea if the shipping cost to the US would be prohibitive though.
Old Nick is offline Find More Posts by Old Nick
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:12 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
definitely a good flying plane. I put a power 25 on it and run the plane on 4s with a 12x10 prop. I have a spare "kit" still in the box just in case I need parts.
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:22 PM
CH Spring
Canada, ON, Osgoode
Joined Mar 2008
313 Posts
I've had a replacement airframe on order at Great Hobbies for months. I had heard it was going out of production. I'm a little surprised they'd discontinue it given the level of interest evident.
Spring is online now Find More Posts by Spring
Old Feb 27, 2012, 03:50 PM
Airplane Addict
Spartanburg, SC
Joined Jan 2008
241 Posts
That would be great!
I've had fun with my T-28, P-47 and Corsair. I just put together a P-51, but was dissappointed with how dosile it was to fly with a Power 10. (I know it sounds crazy).

I have been strongly considering the 109 with a fast motor. If they bring it back, that would probably be too hard to resist.
LeeHene is offline Find More Posts by LeeHene
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:39 AM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2005
2,694 Posts
A few months back I commented that last year was a year for British planes, and this year will be the year for German planes. I predicted that the promised WWI plane would be the Albatross. I also said that we would see a WWII German plane this summer. The front runner is the Dora, but a strong second is the Stuka. Bringing back the BF-109 would be in keeping with the German theme for this year's planes. We'll know better in about 2-3 months.
Leo L is offline Find More Posts by Leo L
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:24 PM
United States, MO, Kingsville
Joined Nov 2001
1,637 Posts
I have 3 pz planes and I like the 109 quite a bit. I picked up an extra wing and am going to get a fuse just incase. I was a little PO'ed that they killed it.
cherokee is offline Find More Posts by cherokee
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:18 PM
Airplane Addict
Spartanburg, SC
Joined Jan 2008
241 Posts
On a positive note, Parkzone has been good about carrying parts, even for their discontinued products. Most places I have checked, the airframe is out of stock with an estimated date of March. I would guuess this is due to the large spike in people who feel pushed get one and/or parts while they still can.
Horizon is not stupid. They are in business to make money. If there is a spike in sales that seems to hold somewhat steady, there may still be hope.
Pull out those credit cards and continue to stockpile foam 109 parts ...for the cause.
LeeHene is offline Find More Posts by LeeHene
Old Feb 29, 2012, 01:43 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo L View Post
A few months back I commented that last year was a year for British planes, and this year will be the year for German planes. I predicted that the promised WWI plane would be the Albatross. I also said that we would see a WWII German plane this summer. The front runner is the Dora, but a strong second is the Stuka. Bringing back the BF-109 would be in keeping with the German theme for this year's planes. We'll know better in about 2-3 months.
I'm all for them bringing it back. But if they want to count it as a new release I would hope that it WAS a new release of the 109. Change the scheme, retract ready, with the wing spar extended to the end of the wing. I still enjoy flying the old one though. It's a bunch of fun with the P-25 and stock blade just going verticle for 20-30 seconds then flopping over and diving back toward the runway. I still giggle a little when I hear the howl from the prop freewheeling.
V2rider is online now Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:03 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,346 Posts
Thank you all for the replies.

I would also like to see a version with retracts-that would make an excellent airplane even better!
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem