HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:05 AM
Joined Jun 2007
153 Posts
Discussion
Accucel-6 can charges Li-On cell?

Does it charge Li-On batt? Talking abt cell phone battery? In the ad it says it does .
I bought this charger but in its menu it doesn't say LiOn. It says liFe & Lipo only.

Can I charge cell phone battery with this charger?
congcon97 is offline Find More Posts by congcon97
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:25 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,704 Posts
The answer is "possibly", but you need to know more about your cellphone battery to be sure. Li-on is a generic term for a battery with lithium in it; LiFe and LiPo are more-specific terms for two different types of lithium batteries which we generally use in our hobby.

I've got a cellphone battery beside me which on its label says "Rechargable Lithium-ion battery ... 3.7VDC ... 1500mAh Max". Without more research I don't know if it's LiFe, LiPo, or Li-somethingelse; though 3.7v suggests that it's LiPo because other Li batteries I've used (A123 and Saphion) have different nominal voltages.

Hopefully someone who's done it will chip in. But, unless they do, I wouldn't seriously try charging it any way other than through my phone (which has a balancing circuit inside it, I believe) with a charger that's designed for the job.
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:21 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,091 Posts
If its anything like my charger (AC6) you need to access the menu option and change the voltage of Li-batteries.
Lilo voltage level: 3.6V/cell
LiPo voltage level: 3.7V/cell
LiFe voltage level: 3.3V/cell

Then when you go back to the Lixx battery charging menu it should be relabeled accrodingly.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:34 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,903 Posts
Scroll through till it says ( user set), then go to (li**V type), It will show the 3 types of batts by voltage. when you hit (voltage) it will show 3.7, 3.6 ,and 3.3 Pick the 3.6 for your Li-ion batts.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:59 AM
Joined Jun 2007
153 Posts
Thanks guys. I found it helpful
congcon97 is offline Find More Posts by congcon97
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:46 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Jan 2011
340 Posts
I'm trying to figure this out too- how would anyone suggest physically connecting the battery charger to my big new samusung galaxy note 2 3100 mAh spare Lithium ion battery? The terminals are tiny ( see picture of the battery at this site: http://www.clove.co.uk/product-image...-sam-n2bat.jpg ) - in the picture you can see there are 3 terminals- the 'positive' and 'negative' terminals are marked- what's the middle one? It would be great if there is a way to connect/ charge my spare batteries and not have to purchase an external cell phone battery charger that only charge at 0.5A when I could charge at 3.1A with this... Am I right in thinking these batteries are all '1cells'/1S'? - on the back it says"3.8V Li-ion" - I take it that means a 1S ( so no balancing required)- the accucel charger is supposed to charge Li-ion batteries but what setting is 3.8V? - that appears as 0.1V higher than even Lipos..?

Grateful for any feedback!
TheSelf is offline Find More Posts by TheSelf