|Feb 26, 2012, 10:25 PM|
Airfield F4U Corsair - 1440MM
My modifications for this plane:
1. Hatch mod as described in Sandacer's Blog. Makes battery removal and placement for proper CG easier.
2. Stripped and repainted with three color scheme.
3. Added vinyl graphics from Callie Graphics
4. Added Harry Higley (8x1.25mm- NIN008) Aluminum Spinner. The stock spinner threw my prop out of balance. Plus, the added weight helped with CG problems.
5. Added Nav lights. Formed my own lens covers. Added reflective paper so lights can be seen better from the side and the front.
6. Gun mod. - created guns from nylon spacers.
7. Added Castle Creations 10A UBEC.
8. Replaced both gear door servos because of excessive chatter.
Possible future mods are a new pilot and the flaps mod.
Thanks to Sandancer for the inspiration to do the Marines Dream scheme and for all of the help along the way.
Also a lot of thanks goes out to the many contributors at this thread:
FMS/Airfield F4U Corsair 1400mm EPO Warbird
Here are some pics:
ImagesView all Images in thread
|Mar 06, 2012, 07:33 AM|
New graphics are on order. Will update pics when I get it fixed.
EDIT: Got them fixed, just need to upload pictures! 4/24/12
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion Parkzone f4u corsair VS Airfield f4u corsair||Hoopsta17_99||Electric Warbirds||54||Mar 16, 2012 09:11 PM|
|Sold NITRO PLANES FMS AIRFIELD 1430mm F4U CORSAIR - CENTRAL FLORIDA||turbodriven||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||8||Mar 02, 2012 06:31 PM|
|Sold PNP Airfield F4U Corsair 800mm (31.5")||FlyWW1||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||2||Feb 02, 2012 10:53 PM|
|Sold Airfield F4U Corsair 1400mm LPU or Shipped||Maddmax||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||8||Jan 22, 2012 11:35 PM|
|For Sale Airfield EPO 5-CH AirField RC 1430MM F4U Corsair Warbird LPU||sammydabull||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||4||Dec 03, 2011 02:35 PM|