HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:24 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Sep 2010
199 Posts
Help!
landing gear on an fpv radian. need advice. ne1 try it?

any 1 try landing gear on an fpv radian? couldn't possibly add much more drag than a gopro. any one whose tried a tricycle landing gear, which hardware did you use? i was thinking about getting the "heavy duty dubro landing gear". wasnt sure tho if it was to big. i need advice! or should i just hot glue some cardboard to the bottom and use it as a skid plate? see where i fly is zero grass and lots of pebbles that is ruining bottom of the foam.. even duct tape gets sanded off i h8 the desert lol.
g3f0rc3 is offline Find More Posts by g3f0rc3
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:27 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,092 Posts
Do you have just pebbles that it needs to clear??

When I had my easy star, I just pushed a pushrod tube through the foam near the bottom, then put a fiberglass rod through that. I put Slow Stick wheels on the rod, which kept the rod in place. This was just enough to clear short debris on the ground, but added almost no weight and very little drag. I think I either just used a skid or small tail wheel for the back.
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:45 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Sep 2010
199 Posts
thats a good idea! i may try it and experiment. the dubro landing gears look kinda stiff. might be a problem for foam. so ill try and use the slow stick landing gear since its spongy. also, yeah just pebbles, small dried up twigs, and dried up scattered tumbleweed.
g3f0rc3 is offline Find More Posts by g3f0rc3
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:59 PM
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Jun 2002
2,970 Posts
just get some white glue & add a couple mil plastic skidplate. landing gear will just rip the foam to pieces the first time it catches
Toysrme is offline Find More Posts by Toysrme
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:38 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,092 Posts
no no, not the landing gear.. just the wheels. Its pretty much just a straight axle going through the plane. There's nothing there to catch on anything.
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:48 AM
Spektrum Dev Team
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Apr 2002
1,110 Posts
here is my buddy Rob's solution, makes it a very versatile model. He started with a wing mounted landing gear setup, but that was very prone to nosing over
aaronredbaron is offline Find More Posts by aaronredbaron