HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Sep 2004
16 Posts
Thanks, Im in process of filing too. I glad most of you have had a good experience with your BBs, but, the total opposite for me has occured. With no support from place of purchase, honestly, Im over it..

Yeah, I can replace the FC, ESCs, and a few Motors since Most of them, as in 3 have burnt out (2 extras I bought from HobbyCool and 3 Esc burnt out as well; obtained from same source.) So, as a friend pointed out, in effect I bought a very expensive ($470 w/ all extra parts) frame. All electronics are useless. As stated, an additional $350 in parts are needed to get it up and flying.. If I knew this ahead of time I would of bought the DJI 450 Flame Wheel...
Well, enough bitching..

I must say this, without this board and all the helpful people on here; I would of been much worst off..
dart234 is offline Find More Posts by dart234
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:30 AM
Peter
Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Gothenburg
Joined Dec 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dart234 View Post
RolandGarros, i believe you said earlier that you are not using the stock bumblebee flight controller and escs. Well since I'm having such a difficult time I was thinking of converting it over to a naza and naza escs with bumblebee bl motors. I believe you are running this setup. Could you please give me some advice as to how you did this . Is this setup working for you and can you please take a few pictures of your setup showing esc placement etc. I thank you all
Here are a few pics. The DJI ESC does not fit where the ESC are suppose to be mounted. So I just put them on top of the bars. And all the cables did not fit inside the tube. Maybe its ugly looking but it works. I will change to E-Props but haven't got the time to do it yet. You can also se them mount of GPS antenna. However I have not tested the GPS yet. Unfortunately my time for this hobby is very limited at the moment since I am studying for a pilot license besides having a full time job. But the theory studying will end at the end of this year and then hopefully I can fly a lot with my BB(if the winter is not too bad here then). I already started to make plans for a DJI 550 also

I hope this will help!
RolandGarros is offline Find More Posts by RolandGarros
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Sep 2004
16 Posts
Hey thanks very much for the quick time on pictures.. BB Looks good and , best parts, looks like it will fly.. lol Unlike mine..

Again thanks . You have given me some good Ideas..
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:59 PM
Jenks, Okla.
Joined Oct 2009
140 Posts
Other than the prop failures, and the lack of customer service with Hobby Cool, I have had no other problems with the BB quad. It's too bad such a nice quad has to be sold by such an un-profesional company.
I've tried calling, emailing, and ordering with no luck.
Has any one else had problems ordering? It gives me some kind of error message when I try and finish the order.
Did they go out of business?
I will have to by parts from Hobby-Lobby.
surfer dude is offline Find More Posts by surfer dude
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:20 PM
Canada, ON, Ajax
Joined Jul 2011
320 Posts
I picked up a used Bumble Bee FC from the froums here and have tried to order some esc's to no avail. Also, same as you have emailed the company on a couple of occassions with no response so doesn't look good.

Dave
Birdman4498 is online now Find More Posts by Birdman4498
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:08 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,364 Posts
Hobby Cool is here in CA and I have ordered a few items from them (buyer beware) small stuff ok just takes about 7 days to get it strange and they are in my same state save you big orders from a online store you can trust. HK carries the frame now if you dont mind waiting I just sent a Email to HK telling them to put the quad in the USA warehouse so we can all get parts cheap
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:01 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Bb w/ HW Quattro ESC

Hello, this is my BB build using the quattro esc and KK 2.0 w/ LCD. The esc wires fit nicely into the tubes. Not much room where I have it mounted.
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:13 PM
Joined Sep 2004
16 Posts
Looks good.. Was wondering what brand, model, size motor are you using. Is it a direct install onto BB arm with motor mount bolt pattern?? thanks..
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:50 PM
KLD
Joined Aug 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstewart63 View Post
Hi,

Do these ESC’s setup like a traditional aircraft ESC?

I purchased the Bumble Bee without the flight controller. I plan on using a different fight controller.

I thought I would try out the ESC’s and motors one at a time by plugging them into my receiver but they don’t seem to be working properly.

My tx and receiver work fine with a gws ESC.

When I power up the BB ESC with throttle at min the blue led flashes. When I move the throttle to the max the motor takes off at max rpm and then I can’t control motor speed at all it stays at max rpm.

I have tried 3 of the 4 ESC’s.

I am using a new Flysky TH9x radio.

Thanks

Brian
I have the same issue nothing until 1/2 throttle then full and can't throttle down. Was there ever an answer for it? Using a HK 6S radio
KLD is offline Find More Posts by KLD
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:14 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dart234 View Post
Looks good.. Was wondering what brand, model, size motor are you using. Is it a direct install onto BB arm with motor mount bolt pattern?? thanks..
These motors actually came out of my RC Timer X650 kit. The motors that came with my BB had smaller bullet connectors on them than my quattro esc, so rather than change over the connectors, I decided to use these. They are 2836 1120kv and they lined up perfectly on the BB bolt pattern on the motor mount.

I will probably change these out once I change the connectors on the original BB motors.

Thank you.
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:30 AM
KLD
Joined Aug 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman4498 View Post
I picked up a used Bumble Bee FC from the froums here and have tried to order some esc's to no avail. Also, same as you have emailed the company on a couple of occassions with no response so doesn't look good.

Dave
Dave - sent you an email, I have 4 new, unsused (3 still in the package) BB ESCs from Hobbycool that I will sell. I'm in Ottawa so you could have them in a couple of days.

Stuart.
KLD is offline Find More Posts by KLD
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:14 PM
Canada, ON, Ajax
Joined Jul 2011
320 Posts
Thanks Stuart got them and have them installed and it works great.

Dave
Birdman4498 is online now Find More Posts by Birdman4498
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Apr 2012
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfreak View Post
Are you still using this frame? How is it holding up?
CraigVMN is offline Find More Posts by CraigVMN
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:57 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,364 Posts
Gopro Hero 3 Quadcopter Video (2 min 42 sec)

New video
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:55 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
lHi, I think that I know what your problem might be. The mounting screws that mount your motor to the frame is too long. You will have to use a washer or shim to insure that you do not screw the mounting screws into the windings of your motor. This will fry your ESC and your motor. We were bench testing one motor after Cryo tempering and found that the motor really performs. Then when we mounted the motor back on the frame I did not put in the shim so I fried that motor and ESC. Now will have to order replacement and re-cryo. Hope this helps...
WU5C is offline Find More Posts by WU5C