SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:29 AM
Joined Sep 2004
16 Posts
30 flights wow. I'm really jealous .lol I have never been able to fly my bumblebee due to the issues. Escs and motors burn out. Tried the washers as a spacer between motor and motor mount since many people say the mounting screws are too long. By the way thanks guys to the suggestion. Good one but unfortunately escs and motors still burning up. Really odd. I'm about to give up and sell it for parts soon. A shame. Bought a few extra motors and esc just to burn them up. I just no one here had this problem. 30 flights stock setup wow. Lol nice
dart234 is offline Find More Posts by dart234
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:48 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,364 Posts
dart234

where did you buy yours?
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:13 AM
Jenks, Okla.
Joined Oct 2009
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer View Post
I have like 30 flights on my BB and have never broke a prop or even had one fail? is it a result of none balanced prop or what. are people just slapping props on and flying Im confused. cold weather, to hot or just a bad batch of props..
I probably had 15 flights between prop failures. So Tallflyer your over due, watch out. I due tend to fly very aggressive. when you switch this thing out of the stable mode, this quad comes alive, I just can't help myself.
Both props cracked at the flat spot on the hub. I think if they made this area thicker it would solve the problem. Other than this week point, I think these props are well matched for this quad. A little stiffer would be nice too.
surfer dude is offline Find More Posts by surfer dude
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:03 AM
Joined Jul 2002
6,364 Posts
I use mine as a camera platform so Im not pushing it too extreme QUADs still scare me I don't want my camera gear falling from high up. other then that I can say enough good things about this quad works as advertised.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:48 AM
fly to the moon :)
Canada, QC, Terrebonne
Joined Apr 2009
182 Posts
hi,

obviously some bb owners say that the motor screws are too long. In fact it's right but not at the point to make a short-circuit in my opinion. Yesterday i took to pieces all my Bumblebee cause my dji naza (in fact the VU) smoked and fused. I took off all the motors and took to pieces them. What i saw is the motor screws are a little bit longer than needed and touch the motor wires but don't pass through them, so no possibility (in my case) to make of short-circuit. I more supect the quality of the BB stock escs (which are, by the way, poorly made-and may be incomptatible with the Naza FC because of the frequence problem) but it's another issue....

One guy sais in the Hobbyking bumblebee page to buy only the frame without the esc and motors....and now i can say that's the most useful advertise!

To thoses that ptu washers on the motor mount, i'd like to know what king of washer exactly fit on it ?
aeroseb is offline Find More Posts by aeroseb
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Sep 2004
16 Posts
Hey well I bought it from Hobbycool.com and have contacted them with no luck so far.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:23 AM
Peter
Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Gothenburg
Joined Dec 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer View Post
I have like 30 flights on my BB and have never broke a prop or even had one fail? is it a result of none balanced prop or what. are people just slapping props on and flying Im confused. cold weather, to hot or just a bad batch of props..
I read many other posts about the stock props that breaks during flight. I will replace mine with Graupner E-props.
RolandGarros is offline Find More Posts by RolandGarros
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:48 AM
Joined Sep 2004
16 Posts
I used a qty of 2 M3 washers . They will not fit in the countersink on the bottom of the motor mount. So , I placed them in between the motor and the top of the mount. Had to use 2 in order to take enough space up , now have, the tips of the mounting screws internally flush with the tops of the motor mount flange. All screw tips are totally flush and now tips are protruding into internal motor area. But, again this has not corrected my major problems with the Bb. I haven't been able to fly this thing once.. escs fry along with attached motors . I have bough 2 new motors only to smoke them. I'm on the way of giving up. I'm hoping hobby cool will support after sale and send me a replacement flight controller since that is the only thing I haven't replaced. Already replaced 3 escs and motor only to randomly smoke..helppppppppppooo. lol
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:20 PM
Canada, QC, Terrebonne
Joined Apr 2009
182 Posts
man, i had the same problem and thoses cheap esc hobbylord are the problem i'm pretty sure. Got too a black wire form the esc burnt on all the lengh. And that burnt my naza FC. I totaly got the same experience as you. You know what? my solution is to order 4 esc, anything but the hobbylord st20A. Read too many post in the net about issues concerning thoses BB stock esc. So, i'd try to change esc brand and it should be work.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:10 PM
Joined Jul 2002
6,364 Posts
I wonder if the problem is the wire harness that Hobbylord uses the jst connectors cant handle the voltage in all thos small wires, so the esc fails as the voltage spikes
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:11 PM
Canada, QC, Terrebonne
Joined Apr 2009
182 Posts
wow...really i didn't though about it! Are you serious? how it's possible. I check the wires from the jst plug to the esc and it's intact. BUT the black wire starting form the esc to the the servo type plug is scraped. The plastic is missing at some place : a sign that had be short currented.
my problem is from the begining the motors start to spin when i plug the battery (when thoses are connected to my FC only). If i disconnect them form the naza FC, when i plug the lipo, they are normal stand by and just the blue led on them light slowly. (seems normal)....
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Sep 2004
16 Posts
Yes good point.. I will once again check the wiring harness, (A deans to (5) JST plugs.)
I just wondering why more people do not have problems with their BumbleBee ATF version.. I havent seen many people on here with problems like myself and one previous poster.. (sorry cant see name on this post screen..lol)

Thanks for posts all. Hope we find the problem. Im stumped..
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:18 PM
Canada, QC, Terrebonne
Joined Apr 2009
182 Posts
in my opinion, i still think it's an esc issue. cause i plugged LED light on each different jst connector and everything worked fine....good luck to you, keep us informed about your BB.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:47 AM
Joined Sep 2004
16 Posts
RolandGarros, i believe you said earlier that you are not using the stock bumblebee flight controller and escs. Well since I'm having such a difficult time I was thinking of converting it over to a naza and naza escs with bumblebee bl motors. I believe you are running this setup. Could you please give me some advice as to how you did this . Is this setup working for you and can you please take a few pictures of your setup showing esc placement etc. I thank you all
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:44 AM
Joined Jul 2002
6,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dart234 View Post
Hey well I bought it from Hobbycool.com and have contacted them with no luck so far.
It took me filling a paypal claim for them to contact me about parts that were missing and even after that they did not send me everything, buyer beware.
RCG Plus Member