HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:49 AM
fly to the moon :)
Canada, QC, Terrebonne
Joined Apr 2009
182 Posts
yes i will for sure. Perhaps i'll try the carbon ones but for now heard that the stock props are perform well.
aeroseb is offline Find More Posts by aeroseb
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:25 AM
Peter
Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Gothenburg
Joined Dec 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroseb View Post
yes i will for sure. Perhaps i'll try the carbon ones but for now heard that the stock props are perform well.
I will try Graupner E-prop 10x4 on mine. Unfortunally I don't have much time the coming months to spend on my MC so I don't know when I get the chance to test it.
RolandGarros is offline Find More Posts by RolandGarros
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:58 PM
Joined Sep 2004
16 Posts
Major Problems

Hello,
Well I have some major problems with my new Bumblebee 550 Build. Maybe you guys and gals could help me or possibly have had a similar problem. To may a long story short. I built this kit to the t of the included manual which had to be printed out off cd. Followed all instructions. Installed all ESC pods on carbon fiber arms. Plugged all ESC Jst wires into 5 way deans splitter. Ran all ESC control wires to proper Flight controller M1-M4 ports. Programmed Settings via usb program.. Ok.. Ready for first flight. Plugged Battery in. Issued CSS on throttle stick and elevator stick. Was able to fly for a few mins than landed. Attempted to take off again and notice one motor would not start up. So, Unplugged battery and replugged in. Tried to start up motor would not run gave a little throttle and that esc lite up. Smoke and Bright Glow from MOSFETS on Esc and even smoked the connected motor windings. Well, ok. Maybe defective esc. So obtained a new motor and esc. Now, just for info. I have programmed any of these ESC using any programming device or via transmitter stick movements. Not sure if this is needed or not. No timing , soft startup , brake nothing. Just pulled out of package and installed to Flight Controller. (Manual states nothing on programming). Well, new ESC and Motor installed and was able to fly for 5 mins. (One Battery) Than right after 2nd battery, once again, same situation. But, this time ESC and Motor burn out are on a different Arm. In fact, 2 ESCs have burnt out with associated Motors having discolored over heated windings.. The insulation of One ESC's Control Black Ground wire right off the Flight Controller has become burnt right off. Please see pictures.. Major problems. Needless to say, I can not fly this thing. I have one more motor and a few esc's but , really, no sense burning more out?? What am I doing wrong here?? Has anyone had this problem before?? Im at a loss here.. Please advise....
dart234 is offline Find More Posts by dart234
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:28 AM
Peter
Joined Dec 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dart234 View Post
Hello,
Well I have some major problems with my new Bumblebee 550 Build. Maybe you guys and gals could help me or possibly have had a similar problem. To may a long story short. I built this kit to the t of the included manual which had to be printed out off cd. Followed all instructions. Installed all ESC pods on carbon fiber arms. Plugged all ESC Jst wires into 5 way deans splitter. Ran all ESC control wires to proper Flight controller M1-M4 ports. Programmed Settings via usb program.. Ok.. Ready for first flight. Plugged Battery in. Issued CSS on throttle stick and elevator stick. Was able to fly for a few mins than landed. Attempted to take off again and notice one motor would not start up. So, Unplugged battery and replugged in. Tried to start up motor would not run gave a little throttle and that esc lite up. Smoke and Bright Glow from MOSFETS on Esc and even smoked the connected motor windings. Well, ok. Maybe defective esc. So obtained a new motor and esc. Now, just for info. I have programmed any of these ESC using any programming device or via transmitter stick movements. Not sure if this is needed or not. No timing , soft startup , brake nothing. Just pulled out of package and installed to Flight Controller. (Manual states nothing on programming). Well, new ESC and Motor installed and was able to fly for 5 mins. (One Battery) Than right after 2nd battery, once again, same situation. But, this time ESC and Motor burn out are on a different Arm. In fact, 2 ESCs have burnt out with associated Motors having discolored over heated windings.. The insulation of One ESC's Control Black Ground wire right off the Flight Controller has become burnt right off. Please see pictures.. Major problems. Needless to say, I can not fly this thing. I have one more motor and a few esc's but , really, no sense burning more out?? What am I doing wrong here?? Has anyone had this problem before?? Im at a loss here.. Please advise....
What type of battery do you use? 3S? 4S?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:04 AM
Joined Sep 2004
16 Posts
I used a 3S 11.1v 2100mAh battery 20c.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:34 AM
Peter
Joined Dec 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
I used a 3S 11.1v 2100mAh battery 20c.
Is that really the stockmotors you are using? They does not look like the ones I got with the kit.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:29 AM
Joined Sep 2004
16 Posts
Yes, sir. They are the ones that came with my kit. After ordering a few more for extras I did notice there are two styles. One is the one I have which have several holes atop motor can and the second style has a spiral design atop can. In the kit and as purchased as spares I received the hole type. Thank you for response.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:37 AM
Peter
Joined Dec 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
Yes, sir. They are the ones that came with my kit. After ordering a few more for extras I did notice there are two styles. One is the one I have which have several holes atop motor can and the second style has a spiral design atop can. In the kit and as purchased as spares I received the hole type. Thank you for response.
Its really strange that your ESC and motors burn. I do not use the stock ESC myself, I use DJI ESC Opto 30A.
One thing you can check is that the motor mounting bolt does not interfere and shorten the windings of your motors. Check the link below and the discussion tab at the bottom of this page and you will see one guy had this problem which of course can lead to both motor and ESC failures.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ame_550mm.html
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:55 PM
fly to the moon :)
Canada, QC, Terrebonne
Joined Apr 2009
182 Posts
impossible for me to solve a problem :Each time i plug the esc cable from the bumblebee's esc to my naza FC naza plug.(esc to m1, m2etc..) and pluga lipo , the 4 motors spin with a blue light that flashes and the only way to stop them is to unplug the lipo. ..It's happen from the begining and i can't use ma naza system because of that, I correctly and successfully setup the quad with the dji software. .what's wrong?
aeroseb is offline Find More Posts by aeroseb
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined Sep 2004
16 Posts
Well... I'm going to thank you very much for this very valuable inform going out to hardware store after work to buy a bunch of M3 washers. I have a good feeling this is the problem. Looks like a few have had this situation before. Again thank you and will let you know if that was it.....
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:06 AM
Joined Sep 2004
16 Posts
Well placed 2 M3 washers under allb4 motors as shims to avoid the long mounting screw hitting motor windings issue appond install . Screws were a bit long but really don't think they were touching. Either way that potential problem eliminated. Well took took it up and after a few minutes ,again, motor M2 cuts and craft tumbles towards that direction. Hmmmm need esc on that motor too. Well no esc flash and burns as if yet. Maybe screw deal fixed that. Lol wow I guess I got a lemon one as it seems nobody else here has had these major major problems I'm having here. Oh yeah bought off hobby cool and asked for replacement flight controller and still after 3 days no response . Thought that had good cs guess not.. well nit sure what to do now...
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:13 AM
Canada, ON, Ajax
Joined Jul 2011
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandGarros View Post
Its really strange that your ESC and motors burn. I do not use the stock ESC myself, I use DJI ESC Opto 30A.
One thing you can check is that the motor mounting bolt does not interfere and shorten the windings of your motors. Check the link below and the discussion tab at the bottom of this page and you will see one guy had this problem which of course can lead to both motor and ESC failures.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ame_550mm.html
Are you using the DJI esc's with the Bumble Bee FC? I did not think the DJI's worked with the FC.

Dave
Birdman4498 is offline Find More Posts by Birdman4498
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:52 AM
Peter
Joined Dec 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman4498 View Post
Are you using the DJI esc's with the Bumble Bee FC? I did not think the DJI's worked with the FC.

Dave
I use have Naza FC. But I am pretty sure BumbleBee FC is a Naza and made by DJI so I don't think it should be a problem to use BB FC with DJI ESC.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:43 PM
Jenks, Okla.
Joined Oct 2009
140 Posts
Crashed the BB today. A prop failed in flight, second time this has happened.
In the video you can see the prop fly off. When it hits the ground, the gopro comes off, and you can see the quad. Slow mo on the crash to see it better.
I broke a motor mount, both landing gear cross bars, and a support brace.

GoPro BB quad crash (2 min 33 sec)
surfer dude is offline Find More Posts by surfer dude
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:57 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,362 Posts
I have like 30 flights on my BB and have never broke a prop or even had one fail? is it a result of none balanced prop or what. are people just slapping props on and flying Im confused. cold weather, to hot or just a bad batch of props..
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition