HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Jan 2012
148 Posts
Discussion
HOR upgrade forks

I have just taken delivery of a NIB Suzuki HOR. It came with a few hop up parts, all Kyosho including the metal upside down oil forks.
I have these on my Mk1 Pepsi Suzuki and they leak like a government department......are the Mk 2 any better?
They look pretty cool though.
Also came with the 28BB motor, brand new. Anyone got experience of this and can vouch for performance over the stock DM20??
zander749 is offline Find More Posts by zander749
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:00 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
The HOR forks either V1 or V2 leak very bad. They work better with just a drop of a heavier oil and left alone.

The 280BB or 28BB motor from Sagami will make the HOR pretty quick and I have tested it up to 8 cells on NiMH. With LiPo today you can run a 2 cell pack no problem and 3 cell would be dangerous for the bike in a wreck, lots of power, fragile bike.

I used to design and machine my own motor cans and combine motor parts to make the ultimate 280BB motor with adjustable timing with replaceable brushes. When brushless motors came around that was all she wrote, brushless motors are the way to go now.

You can use the Venom GPV forks on an HOR with some minor mods and those forks will be smoother and easier to tune with spares available easily.

Also consider using a car shock for the rear shock. Something like a Tamiya or X-ray touring car shock will be much better than anything Kyosho offered or the aftermarket brands. The TRF shock I used on my HOR was great.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Feb 29, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
148 Posts
Thanks Chris, appreciate your detailed and informative response. I certainly know from experience about the V1 leaky forks - I thought they were so cool at the time compared to the stock forks and they do look okay, but if the v2 also are as leaky, then just some lube oil is the way I will go.
I plan to buy a Venom at some stage, but have enough projects ongoing currently.....
zander749 is offline Find More Posts by zander749