HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:52 PM
Worcestershire, England
Joined Nov 2007
481 Posts
Help!
SAITO FG-14/82 Petrol/Gas A Good Motor???

Hi folks,
I'm after a few constructive opinions on an engine i'm considering.
As above it's the Saito FG-14/82 Petrol/Gas engine with electronic ignition.
I've heard Saito's are top engines, yet i've read a few posts indicating the first batch of this particular model had ignition issues, and/or fueling problems causing poor running.
I've read a few posts i've found, but in all honesty i didn't understand much of what was said as i know very little about 4 strokes and the terminology used with it.
The engines back plate has been mentioned as a problem as it's plastic, yet mine is alluminium.
Any help would be appreciated
Jam1e is offline Find More Posts by Jam1e
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:26 PM
Canberra Australia
Joined Jun 2009
735 Posts
Have a look at RCuniverse under gas engines. There are a few threads on the FG-14. Basically, the engines are fine, but can be fiddly to tune if you are new to 4-strokes and gas. It might be worthwhile checking out if someone can help you at your club. The fuel tubing and set-up is different to nitro and can be confusing.
MercerMaggot is offline Find More Posts by MercerMaggot
Old Feb 27, 2012, 03:05 AM
Worcestershire, England
Joined Nov 2007
481 Posts
Thanks alot.
Will do.
Jam1e is offline Find More Posts by Jam1e
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:28 PM
Gas Only
USA So. Cal.
Joined Sep 2010
1,065 Posts
I run an FG 14 in a .61 Escapade. Love the engine. It needs to be tuned VERY SLOWLY and only after a few hours of break in before it settles down. When "fiddling" with the needles, do the high speed first then the low. SMALL adjustments, such as a single click of the HS and less than 1/8 turn of the LS are in order once you are close. Once set, it Never needs fiddling with again. Enjoy.
Fokker DII is offline Find More Posts by Fokker DII