HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:48 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
Discussion
Looking to buy a heli from xheli.....need advise please

I haven't seen any reviews or any yourtube videos on this heli yet. Has anyone purchased this and had good success? i would like to purchase this heli sometimes this week and would like to have some good feedback before i do if possible.
here's the Link
http://www.xheli.com/at-12163-hussar-blue-rtf-24g.html
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:21 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,372 Posts
Art-Tech helis have never been especially durable, but they have been improving. You probably won't read a lot about them as they haven't been big sellers. It doesn't look like a bad heli for the money. They have been showing some interesting design innovations, lately.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:40 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Dont expect wonders with it. The selling points are always "durable and easy to fly".....maybe for a person with a LOT of experience they could be. I'm sure it may be better than a Walkera though.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:45 PM
crashs come easy patience dont
USA, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Jan 2009
2,875 Posts
i wouldnt spend that kind of money on any art-tech heli, and this is from someone who as had three of them.
walkera is way better than art-tech.
bad400 is offline Find More Posts by bad400
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:40 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...6307&cobrand=1

New Walkera HM UFLY-S Rc Helicopter (8 min 20 sec)

Thanks for the response guys....well in the mean time i think i will try Walkera since i never had one. i just purchased this one and it was local so i just got home with it.
Flew it in living room and it's super smooth. Really better for large indoor or outside...cant do to much in living room but hoover......i may try that Art-tech one day just for the hell of it. but i see Walkera is a big seller so i'll see how this one does out doors......
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:57 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Dec 2011
50 Posts
sure looks good
MotownJG is offline Find More Posts by MotownJG
Old Feb 27, 2012, 04:58 AM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
Thanks MotrownJg...it is a cool looking heli.....

U know what bothers me tho? These companies like banana Hobby, Xheli, ect,,,there's always an update to a previous heli and therefore your kinda forced to sell yours and get the latest whereas the 1st Trex. Remember the plastic kit? 450size? You can build that and fly for years without doing any upgrading. Heck even the Raptor 30 V1 is still Flying successful even up to tday.....
What,,,,,,,, is it the desire to performi 3d? Do people want to Flip the chopper around and upside down spin on it's head? is that what it is? is Flybarless and Tic Tocs something people just gotta have. Sometimes i dont get it. What ever happened to the traditional beginner wanting to fly pattern and then the loops and rools.....is it just me or am i still old school...Dont get me wrong, i know the new technology is better but one can still have fun with a older sertup is that not true???

Reggie
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:19 AM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
912 Posts
I've never owned an artech heli so I can't comment on them, but I have 2 walkeras, a 4g3 and a 4g6s. I taught myself to fly CP heli's with the 4g3. I put it through total hell and it kept coming back for more. Parts can be bought for it at many different places so that's good. The 4g6s is a dream to fly, I did a DIY flybarless head and a 2 cell motor upgrade on it and it is a power house now.
My main tx I fly my planes and quads with is a jr xp7202 7ch that I've used for 4 years. I got a 2801 pro with the 4g6 and it's an awesome tx. It has all the programming features that my 7202 has on it.I just hope they don't stop making heli's for the 2801 and switch to the devo line of tx's.
Has anyone here flown a 450 size walkera? How do they fly compared to other 450's out there?
Garrett
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:15 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
Thanks MotrownJg...it is a cool looking heli.....

U know what bothers me tho? These companies like banana Hobby, Xheli, ect,,,there's always an update to a previous heli and therefore your kinda forced to sell yours and get the latest whereas the 1st Trex. Remember the plastic kit? 450size? You can build that and fly for years without doing any upgrading. Heck even the Raptor 30 V1 is still Flying successful even up to tday.....
What,,,,,,,, is it the desire to performi 3d? Do people want to Flip the chopper around and upside down spin on it's head? is that what it is? is Flybarless and Tic Tocs something people just gotta have. Sometimes i dont get it. What ever happened to the traditional beginner wanting to fly pattern and then the loops and rools.....is it just me or am i still old school...Dont get me wrong, i know the new technology is better but one can still have fun with a older sertup is that not true???

Reggie
In a perfect world, all my favorite helis would have parts available for many years. But, in the real world, they all become obsolete way to soon. I have two nice Thunder Tigers and a Hirobo that I can't get parts for any more and they are only 3 - 4 years old. These aren't cheap helis that xheli and Banana sell, either. Even the Trex has been through 3 or 4 upgrades and parts for the older models are getting scarce. Until you get into high-end stuff, this is something you have to deal with. I have a friend who buys helis when they first come out, flies them for a few months and sells them. Maybe he has the right idea.

There's no question that new flybarless technology has made a huge difference. I certainly wouldn't want to go back. It makes micro sized CP helis a lot easier to fly; it eliminates the head design issues associated with most FP helis and significantly reduces the parts count and complexity of all models. A few years ago, we did not have any CP helis that would survive countless crashes with no damage. Helis that were not possible 3 years ago are common today.

Sure you can still have fun with older style helis, but why would you buy one if you have a choice? I'd rather just stand the heli up again and keep on flying, instead of repairing damage and waiting for parts. That really is the main difference between old and new technology. You will find out with that UFly S, which is probably the last of the old. Be sure to dial down the 3 axis gyro and buy the Xtreme Bell-Hiller kit for it. And stock up on tail gears, if you can find them.
Last edited by Balr14; Feb 27, 2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 04:42 AM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
[QUOTE=Balr14;20871836] Until you get into high-end stuff, this is something you have to deal with. I have a friend who buys helis when they first come out, flies them for a few months and sells them. Maybe he has the right idea.

after reading your post i have to agree with you on 1 thing...Buy'm ,Fly/m and Sell'm.....It's a money making business and they don't care about last years Model, they want to focus on new profit sales.
Personally i never Flew a F;y B.L Heli yet so i cant really comment on if i would like it more. I'm sure i would based on what your saying. I Fly Raptor 90's and Large Scale planes and i have always been a pattern, Aerobatic Flyer. Never any hardcore 3d. So if i were to Put a raptor 90 Old School with all plastic head against a trex 700 fly B.L All Metal head and hover them both side by side and then do basic Flying, Which one will i enjoy better? well probably the trex 700 "BUT" i dont think i will so disappointed with my raptor 90. I can still do the same things but the quality of the trex will be smoother i imagine but not so much so that i will have no choice but to Ditch my Raptor 90. I can still find just as much enjoyment over my old school Flybar Raptor compared to your brand new trex 700 Blinged out Fly B L setuo.....see my point?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:46 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,372 Posts
The thing is, the beginners and consumer grade micros are the ones the technology is aimed at, because that's where the most market impact will be. You don't see a lot of change in the bigger models.
Closed Thread