HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Jan 2012
45 Posts
Discussion
how do i make plans

hello everyone ive been makeing planes and was wonder what you use to make your plans. im just doing box fuse and profile stuff for now so just omthing simple thanks
thebluedream is offline Find More Posts by thebluedream
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:38 PM
Total Noob
United States, CA, Yucaipa
Joined Nov 2008
542 Posts
You can use a CAD program. Since you're making profile jets, it'll be fairly easy to create what you seek. All of those programs have measuring tools. There are tons of free ones (ex. http://www.smartdraw.com/specials/pp...FQcJRQod8DqkCg). Some have options of exporting into a PDF file format for easier viewing for everyone else. If you want to, you can print directly from most of the programs available. Play around with the options and it'll have something that allows you to print the plan in tiled format. Meaning, it'll print the plan on several sheets to make things 1:1 scale.

I see a lot of people have great success with using Google's SketchUp:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=sketchup

Take a look at that thread. Guys over there discuss how you create models and plans; as well as how to export into different formats and how to print.

SketchUp is an amazing program with an astonishing user base, tons of free plug-ins... and it's free (pro version is dirt cheap if you want that).

-BK
bkboggy is offline Find More Posts by bkboggy
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:28 PM
Joined Jan 2012
45 Posts
thanks ill try sketchup downloading it now
thebluedream is offline Find More Posts by thebluedream