SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:44 AM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Feb 2012
24 Posts
Help!
Smoke

Since receiving my Wasp Belt 250 V4, I haven't had the training balls totally off the ground, instead opting to develop my skills with the simulator and a micro FP helicopter. Today, I chose to work with the Wasp again and found it fairly difficult to hold a heading and eventually the rudder control would not hold it at all. I decided to unplug the battery to try resetting the gyro, and when I plugged it back in, there was no start-up music. Instead, it started to smoke, so I immediately unplugged it.

I have completely examined the exterior of all the electronics and wiring and can find no sign of overheating. Any ideas on what has happened and what I should do? I'm afraid to plug the battery back in.

--------------

Now I find that the transmitter no longer works for the simulator. When I plug it into the computer, I get a message that the USB device is malfunctioning. Perhaps the transmitter was the cause of my being unable to get rudder control on the helicopter. Can a transmitter malfunction cause something to go wrong with the helicopter's on-board electronics to create smoke?
Art_P is offline Find More Posts by Art_P
Last edited by Art_P; Feb 26, 2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: update
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:07 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_P View Post
Since receiving my Wasp Belt 250 V4, I haven't had the training balls totally off the ground, instead opting to develop my skills with the simulator and a micro FP helicopter. Today, I chose to work with the Wasp again and found it fairly difficult to hold a heading and eventually the rudder control would not hold it at all. I decided to unplug the battery to try resetting the gyro, and when I plugged it back in, there was no start-up music. Instead, it started to smoke, so I immediately unplugged it.

I have completely examined the exterior of all the electronics and wiring and can find no sign of overheating. Any ideas on what has happened and what I should do? I'm afraid to plug the battery back in.

--------------

Now I find that the transmitter no longer works for the simulator. When I plug it into the computer, I get a message that the USB device is malfunctioning. Perhaps the transmitter was the cause of my being unable to get rudder control on the helicopter. Can a transmitter malfunction cause something to go wrong with the helicopter's on-board electronics to create smoke?
No.
Your profile does not show your location, so we cannot recommend a specific course of action. If one of my buyers reported this we would immediately replace the helicopter set, unless we discovered some type of user mis-adventure or other user caused issue.

We suggest you contact the dealer from which you made the purchase and ask them about a course of action to remedy this problem

UPDATE: we will work with this buyer offline to completely remedy his problems.

Regards
Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Feb 28, 2012 at 02:46 PM.