SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by SoaringDude, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:58 AM
Always more to Xplore
near Sacramento, CA
Joined Aug 2010
807 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Voltage Regulators and LiFe Battery Packs

I just posted an article here in my club's RCG forum (SVSS forum) about using voltage regulators and voltage reducers to keep LiFe battery pack voltages under manufacturer's limits for many popular servos.

Comments/feedback welcome.

Chris B.
SoaringDude is online now Find More Posts by SoaringDude
Last edited by SoaringDude; Feb 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:42 AM
Whisper Model Aircraft
Greensburg, PA
Joined Feb 2008
558 Posts
Have you testes the Emcotec switch/regulators? I'm really happy with mine. I have 6 voltz servos running on the single batt and a dura light li-ion battery.

http://www.hkm-models.com/Emcotec%20Switches.html
heliwill10 is offline Find More Posts by heliwill10
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:20 PM
Always more to Xplore
near Sacramento, CA
Joined Aug 2010
807 Posts
Hi Will,

No I have not yet tested any Emcotec units but one is listed on the Voltage Regulator page of RC Info Share.

Glad they are working out for you. Because there are so many I have offered to test any that individuals send to me. After I test them I return them (hopefully) unharmed.

BTW, I have tested 3 so far (Novak 5465, Castle 10A CC BEC, and Greentronic RegSlim). As soon as I get the new high peak current test going I'll be retesting them with that new parameter.

Chris B.
SoaringDude is online now Find More Posts by SoaringDude