HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 26, 2012, 02:13 AM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
flohio117's Avatar
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
Alert
Bad, bad news today!

So i just got back from my deployment from Afghanistan 2days ago. Ive been super happy to be back in america, and I've been looking forward to start building my quadcopter and fpv stuff swell as flying all of my old helps and planes! Well today we went to the storage unit that had my stuff in it that i stored since i deployed. So I'm loading stuff into my jeep to bring back to our new apartment,and i was talking to my wife and i said hey where's my 2 $350 bicycles, my rc planes, batteries, spectrum dx7, and my craftsman tool set. she says I have something to tell you I'm like oh freaking great what now. she's like i think someone broke into our storage unit. I'm like wt so after packing my jeep with stuff my wife and i go talk to the manager and guess what sure enough our unit along with 7 other peoples got broken into back in august he gave us a police report number. so tomorrow i have to call my insurance company and see if i can get any money back from the stuff that got stolen. what a great way to be welcomed back to america! makes me really feel great about deploying for my country knowing the people me and so many fight for is back here stealing our stuff! now i have to order a new controller just to be able to fly my new quadcopter and other helps and planes that didnt get stolen. so I'm debating on what controller i should get now since I'm pretty much starting over again. should i get a spectrum dx8 or JR x8?
also I'm putting a whole bunch of stuff up for sale since i can't fly anything because i either don't have the plane anymore or i just don't I've outgrown some of the stuff and probably won't fly it anymore. so please give me some info and chck the classifieds ill have a lot of stuff up for sale.
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 02:32 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
You could save some $$ and get a turnigy 9X w/spektrum DM9 module if they didn't steal all your receivers and/or you want to stick to spektrum tech

Sorry to hear about your loss
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 26, 2012, 02:59 AM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
flohio117's Avatar
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
sounds interesting whats the benefit of doing it this way? will it have telemetry?
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:01 AM
manual flying apologist
Adidas4275's Avatar
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
your home owners insurance should cover the losses, then you will get to buy all new stuff

could turn out well.... hope it does

and welcome back!
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:08 AM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
flohio117's Avatar
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
your home owners insurance should cover the losses, then you will get to buy all new stuff

could turn out well.... hope it does

and welcome back!
thats what i hope also! it just sucks that i can't even fly now so ill have to order bother TX
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:16 AM
Team White Llama!
gundamnitpete's Avatar
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Sucks man


Buy futaba if you want to do FPV
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:18 AM
Registered User
RCvertt's Avatar
Joined Aug 2007
4,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
thats what i hope also! it just sucks that i can't even fly now so ill have to order bother TX
timecop has the right idea with the Turnigy 9x. I had a 400$ 10c that I never used since I now prefer the 60$ Eurgle/Turnigy.

One of the reasons I prefer my Eurgle 9x is that if someone steals it or if I drop and damage it, it's cheep enough to just buy another one.

Welcome back and don't forget to mention the Picasso you had in there also.
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Chupacabra sighting !!!
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:20 AM
Registered User
MIRV's Avatar
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Jun 2011
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
So i just got back from my deployment from Afghanistan 2days ago. Ive been super happy to be back in america, and I've been looking forward to start building my quadcopter and fpv stuff swell as flying all of my old helps and planes! Well today we went to the storage unit that had my stuff in it that i stored since i deployed. So I'm loading stuff into my jeep to bring back to our new apartment,and i was talking to my wife and i said hey where's my 2 $350 bicycles, my rc planes, batteries, spectrum dx7, and my craftsman tool set. she says I have something to tell you I'm like oh freaking great what now. she's like i think someone broke into our storage unit. I'm like wt so after packing my jeep with stuff my wife and i go talk to the manager and guess what sure enough our unit along with 7 other peoples got broken into back in august he gave us a police report number. so tomorrow i have to call my insurance company and see if i can get any money back from the stuff that got stolen. what a great way to be welcomed back to america! makes me really feel great about deploying for my country knowing the people me and so many fight for is back here stealing our stuff! now i have to order a new controller just to be able to fly my new quadcopter and other helps and planes that didnt get stolen. so I'm debating on what controller i should get now since I'm pretty much starting over again. should i get a spectrum dx8 or JR x8?
also I'm putting a whole bunch of stuff up for sale since i can't fly anything because i either don't have the plane anymore or i just don't I've outgrown some of the stuff and probably won't fly it anymore. so please give me some info and chck the classifieds ill have a lot of stuff up for sale.
Thanks for your service! Sorry about your stuff.
MIRV is offline Find More Posts by MIRV
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:55 AM
cereal killer
Joined Jan 2012
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRV View Post
Thanks for your service! Sorry about your stuff.
Another thanks for your service. Best of luck in finding the best stuff to get your toys in the air.
anonamous is offline Find More Posts by anonamous
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:10 AM
A Snickering Hound
Muddie's Avatar
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jan 2012
210 Posts
Absolutely. Thanks and welcome home.
Muddie is offline Find More Posts by Muddie
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:23 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
You gotta paypal address? How about all us old vets, well ok, everyone that lives free, donate to the cause? Let's help this young man who's served his country by making a small paypal donation to help him replace his lost gear
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:33 AM
Too Many Hobbies
United States, OH, Massillon
Joined Jan 2012
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959 View Post
You gotta paypal address? How about all us old vets, well ok, everyone that lives free, donate to the cause? Let's help this young man who's served his country by making a small paypal donation to help him replace his lost gear
Excellent idea, I would be honored to contribute to this! It makes me sick to hear this!
Dreaming is offline Find More Posts by Dreaming
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:34 AM
A Snickering Hound
Muddie's Avatar
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jan 2012
210 Posts
Count me in!
Muddie is offline Find More Posts by Muddie
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:44 AM
http://gothelirc.com/
GotHeliRC's Avatar
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Dec 2011
613 Posts
Contact us once you got some fund back and we can hook you up with some discount for new stuff.

sales@gothelirc.com

GotHeliRC is offline Find More Posts by GotHeliRC
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:46 AM
Registered User
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
93 Posts
Welcome back! Was there 2009-2010.your story sucks pretty bad, hopefully the insurance will cover it

@GotHeliRC

Thanks for helping him
xtasy is offline Find More Posts by xtasy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Bad news, Good news Jim Thomerson Life, The Universe, and Politics 28 Aug 05, 2011 02:14 PM
Discussion Bad News + Bad News + Bad News = Good News - Go Figure???? cheap daddy Electric Plane Talk 5 Jun 20, 2011 10:53 AM
Bad news no AP today BAR-STOOL Aerial Photography 7 Jan 30, 2004 10:33 PM