Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:46 AM
Canada, ON, Sudbury
Joined Jul 2010
39 Posts
Discussion
AEROFLY 5.7 feedback!

I already own a copy of phoenix updated to version 4 and a copy of realflight g4.5.

Both sims are great and i have no real complaints im just looking to possibly add another sim to my collection.

I thought about upgrading to rf6 as well, several hours of searching and checkin out youtube videos i stumbled across aerofly 5.7.

Would really appreciate some feedback from some other people that own phoenix rc as well as the real flight series.

The videos of aerofly 5.7 look amazing! Niteflyer swears it the most realistic!

Just how realistic is it? And is it any better then the other 2 sims i already own?

Thxs
heli-insane is offline Find More Posts by heli-insane
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:45 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
If you own RF G4.5, it costs you only $50 to buy RF6. That's a variable you need to consider.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:12 AM
Canada, ON, Sudbury
Joined Jul 2010
39 Posts
Im running a MSI gx660 laptop for my simming i will post the specs here as well. I find i can run phoenix rc at 100% full graphics and it runs extreamely smooth!
Realflight g4.5 i have to turn the graphics down quite a bit!

Im looking for the most realalistic heli simulation i can buy and money will not be a deciding factor!

cheers
heli-insane is offline Find More Posts by heli-insane
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Good luck with your quest.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:12 PM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Hi,

How well does your videocard handle OpenGL? Aerofly 5.* is OpenGL based and really needs a good card.

PhoenixRC is more heli focused and physics are good.

Aerofly 5.* has superb plane physics.

RF 6 seems to have some improved heli physics, never tested as I own G4.5.

For planes I use Aerofly and PhoenixRC for helis. But what is best is really a personal taste

Cheers.
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Last edited by Puzom; Feb 26, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzom View Post
what is best is really a personal taste
I think that's worth repeating!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:00 AM
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jun 2007
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-insane View Post
Im running a MSI gx660 laptop for my simming i will post the specs here as well. I find i can run phoenix rc at 100% full graphics and it runs extreamely smooth!
Realflight g4.5 i have to turn the graphics down quite a bit!

Im looking for the most realalistic heli simulation i can buy and money will not be a deciding factor!

cheers

Your gaming index looks good,RF should run better than that on your system.. but aerofly 5.7 needs a hefty video system and most laptops have internal graphics which is a big maybe for it working, It would not work on my laptop but works on my desktop well, but it has a 2gig video card that is up to specs on the requirements. Go to the Aerofly site and see the min specs to see if your laptop can support the video.

http://www.aerofly.com/requirements_en.html
brentg is online now Find More Posts by brentg
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:17 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
Get aerofly

I fly a trex 450se and can do moderate 3d. In aerofly 5 you can use the t Rex. I had just flown my t Rex 5 minutes before using this sim for the first time and I was pretty amazed at how real it is..even the power of the heli is pretty much the same as a 450. Also some of these sims gravity seems unrealistic, in this one though, it is. I've been flying helis for about a year and got into 3d flying 3 months ago. You can improve really fast in 3d if you fly a lot but attempting new tricks it's annoying to have to get way up in the air and do it for safety of not crashing. Get on the sim do the trick over and over. It helps a lot.
Benzorz is offline Find More Posts by Benzorz
Old Apr 08, 2012, 07:00 AM
United States, FL, Boca Raton
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
I can't seem to find any info if my Spektrum DX6i will work with aerofly. I have a mac and am not interested in bootcamp or anything else on my mac to run a windows program.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
centaur1126 is offline Find More Posts by centaur1126
Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:19 PM
Ramsey, Minnesota
Joined Jan 2003
104 Posts
I bought my aerofly from this site. He has the adapter for the DX6i. also they sell a wireless
2.4 adapter that any 2.4 transmitter will work. Drop them a email, they great to work with and fast shipping.
http://www.iflytailies.com/store/simulators/
cheyenne is offline Find More Posts by cheyenne
Old Apr 17, 2012, 02:46 AM
Still a mile high when I land
United States, CO, Arvada
Joined Mar 2011
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur1126 View Post
I can't seem to find any info if my Spektrum DX6i will work with aerofly. I have a mac and am not interested in bootcamp or anything else on my mac to run a windows program.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
I used to use my DX8 on my sim until it developed a gimbal problem. I never use any of my transmiters on sims because of the wear it causes. I have Phonex and RF. When I buy Aerofly, I'll pop for the extra $50 to save wear on my good equipment.
MonsterBFC is offline Find More Posts by MonsterBFC