Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Feb 2012
34 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King MX2 vs. SBACH 342 (1400mm)

I am doing research on each of these planes and I would like to hear from people who have used both.

Pros and Cons.

From all the posts it looks like the Sbach might have less to deal with to get it airborn. However, the MX2 has been around longer and has had more scrutiny.

The MX2 is available in the USA but I want to make a good descision.

What are your thoughts?

Both look like great planes for the money when looking to fly aggresive arobatics and mild 3D.
cheynespub is offline Find More Posts by cheynespub
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:45 AM
STATUS TUNING
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Dec 2010
292 Posts
sbach hands down.
STATUS is offline Find More Posts by STATUS
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:02 AM
Joined Dec 2006
831 Posts
I'll have my sbach hopefully by next weekend and a mate has the mx2 so can give you some feedback then
his mx2 has performed awesome since its first flight and is very crisp when it rolls and is 3 d capable from the box and the only issue so far is a servo that needed replacing in the elevator and his canopy keeps coming off
iceaxe is offline Find More Posts by iceaxe
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:08 AM
United States, WI, Stoddard
Joined Dec 2009
1,101 Posts
The Hobby king version of the Sbach is basically an improved version of the MX2,better ply reinforcements, better access to the battery, other than that, the motors ,esc's tail wheel, wheels and hard ware are the same. this company who ever they are is learning, and producing an improved product.Now they should lose that speed controller for a more modern unit.
doc993 is offline Find More Posts by doc993
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Feb 2012
34 Posts
what about the fact that the later version of the MX2 is coming with metal gear servos? Shouldnt the sbach also be getting those? I know the sbach's look bigger. I am mostly torn with buying from the US vs. HK.

I have to say the sbach has me very needy!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:39 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,993 Posts
My MX2 has the big motor and MG servos. The power past 50% is scary. Flown only twice, same day, but seems very stable. Tomorrow I hope to fly it again. 3 batteries ready!
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined Feb 2012
34 Posts
I was fully hooked on the MX2 but i have to say that I want the sbach more at this point. I dont want to have deal with changing the prop on the MX2 and relocating other things like landing gear before its flight ready.

I just think the Sbach is going be easier to maintain if flow right out of the box.

When will it be available in the USA!

Are the SBACH elevator and rudder servos bigger and better than the MX2 even though the MX2's are metal?
Old Mar 02, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Feb 2012
34 Posts
Can anyone chime in with more pros and cons of each aircraft?
Old Mar 05, 2012, 08:41 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,101 Posts
The mx 2 is like working on a ship in a bottle hard to service the batt ext.The wings are not straight .And the speed controller is a piece of----. The sbach is much improved.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined Oct 2010
3,993 Posts
Hmmm ... might be a diference in planes, one manufacturing run to the next. My MX2 V2, as stated above, has mg servos and the bigger ESC. My wings are straight also. I flew mine with ailerons out of adjustment, my fault, and still it flew OK and landed with no issues. Haven't gotten it out again due to windy conditions, next few days also windy, but maybe on Thursday. Cross your fingers, please. If the Sbach is the same plane .... Oh never mind.
Don
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Feb 2012
34 Posts
when does hobbyking usually get new planes moved into the USA warehouse? i want to place one order with upgraded parts from HK at the same time.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Oct 2010
3,993 Posts
Who knows? No one! If you need/want parts or planes that are not in the USA warehouse, they may never get to the USA. Just saying that I have been waiting for some motors to be in the USA for a pretty long time and there are not and may never be here.
Don
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,101 Posts
By that I mean a evo of the MX2. Not that they are the same. they are made by the same company, and the company has improved the design with the new model.My Plane also has the large speed controller .It's is a piece of crap. plane and simple I would not trust it in a model air boat.It's just to hard to program and all the default settings are WRONG! for this type plane.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 08:00 AM
Joined Oct 2010
3,993 Posts
Go to the suppo site and get the programming info. If you go to the Blitzwork MX2 site under 3D foamies and do a search, the settings are there. I'll look for my notes if you want. If you are trying to fly it with wrong settings ....

Edit : Hey, wait a minute ... you are on that thread, so you know about the settings, right?

Don
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:01 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,101 Posts
Hi don I bought a new hobby wing speed controller and like it a lot.I tried repeatedly to program it .I think it's my dyslexic mind that won't let it happen,LOL.Too many beeps to keep track of .I will say for the record that to date the best motor ,and speed controller I have is from Extreme Flight for my extra300.Super high quality and the defaults are all good.Maiden tomorrow?