SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 25, 2012, 08:03 PM
Joined Feb 2012
9 Posts
Idea
anyone tried 3D/Stereo with 2 Keycams?

after seeing the sophiscated GoPro 3D Adapter which needs 2 HD Heros of course, me came the idea, that should be possible cheaper in DIY too.

take 2 keycams, mount them ~3 inches far away on x-z adjustable holders, then use the usb webcam feature to aling them both on one spot.
the both recorded movies then only need to be synced and merged/converted.

did anyone tried already? i cant, no cams arrived so far, but it will be tested
Tr4sHCr4fT is offline Find More Posts by Tr4sHCr4fT
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 02:52 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,208 Posts
Yes, VRFlyer, and a similar system is for sale at nghobbies.
Nothing spectacular to have followers, though...
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:20 AM
Joined Jun 2010
561 Posts
there is one big problem: Both cameras have to be synched while recording so that they are switching their brightness settings at exact the same time. I f you do not do this you will always have brightness different on both cameras.
GoPro is using the synch cable to achieve that and the ng camera is using one controller to control both cameras at the same time. With the currently available keycams there is no way to do it.
nabazul is offline Find More Posts by nabazul
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:57 AM
Joined Feb 2012
9 Posts
Is there no way to do just do that in software afterwards?
as long as the cameras are pointed to the same spot, the brightness should be rather equal, but one cam can change the aperture earlier/later than the other. so define a max difference threshold and all frames above will be adjusted
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:23 AM
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
1,471 Posts
Use a RaspberryPi.org !
Ceros007 is offline Find More Posts by Ceros007
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Feb 2012
9 Posts
ok what does that exactly has to do with the topic? xD
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:02 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Yes, VRFlyer, and a similar system is for sale at nghobbies.
Nothing spectacular to have followers, though...
I Renatoa, glad to see you again

out of topic, but I don`t use the same system with two cmos camera that sold at NGhobbies. That system combine the two camera pictures and send them via one receiver, you need goggle that have 3D capabilities.

My system use two RCV922 ccd camera and I transmit live the two picture via two receivers set on differents channels. My headset was modified, it is like two goggle are combine in one goggle, I mean I connect one receiver output to the left picture of my goggle, and the second receiver output is connect to the right picture of my goggle. I got full 30 frames per secondes. It work very well and I still love it very much. Everyone that I tried my 3D goggle was very satisfy with the result. The reason that no one follow me is obvious, you need to buy two goggles and make one with them...
The NGhobbies 3D camera is not good, I tried it and do not recommend it

I never tried to do 3D video using two keychains
VRflyer is online now Find More Posts by VRflyer