Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Feb 2012
2 Posts
Help!
I'm trying to ID my planes

Several years ago I came into possession of two RC Gas Planes. A few weeks ago I canceled one of my storage units and in it I found them and I'm trying to sell them.

However I assume everyone will ask me what type of a plane it is or what engine it has, etc. Since I'm not familiar with any of this I was thinking about becoming a member of one of these forums to see if anyone here can help me.

Thanks,
Diplomat is offline Find More Posts by Diplomat
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:50 PM
United States, SD
Joined Aug 2010
1,055 Posts
The first one in front is a chipmunk, but I am not sure of the company that made it. I am not sure what the second one is. Either way you should be able to get 300 each.
Kyler1 is offline Find More Posts by Kyler1
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:45 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2011
76 Posts
Extra 300 and Super Chipmunk, both Carl Goldberg models. Both very nice kit built planes. The Chipmunk looks like it has an Ultimate Biplane canopy on it. Kind of odd but looks cool.
VCscott is offline Find More Posts by VCscott
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:25 AM
Hamburger Eatin' Fool
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,141 Posts
Both models look like they have glow engines, not gas.
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:38 AM
San Diego, California
Joined Dec 2004
3,325 Posts
"Both models look like they have glow engines, not gas. "

Quite frequently used interchangeably, by those not on the "inside"

And definitely not the stock canopy for the Chipmunk.

Les
LesUyeda is offline Find More Posts by LesUyeda
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:45 AM
United States, CO, Dacono
Joined Nov 2010
695 Posts
Saw them on Ebay, you'll have better luck here on the forum or Craigslist, built planes rarely sell on Ebay.
cherokeenut is offline Find More Posts by cherokeenut
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:01 PM
Joined Feb 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeenut View Post
Saw them on Ebay, you'll have better luck here on the forum or Craigslist, built planes rarely sell on Ebay.
Thank you guys, yeah I posted them on there just to see if there is any interest in them. I did mark as gas engines. whats a glow engine?
Diplomat is offline Find More Posts by Diplomat
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:08 PM
United States, SD
Joined Aug 2010
1,055 Posts
A glow engine runs on alcoahol and castor oil for lubrication. A rc gas engine runs on regular unleded fuel that you would put in your car. If someone asks a question that you don't know how to answer, we will all be here to help you answer them.
Kyler1 is offline Find More Posts by Kyler1