HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:28 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Discussion
Techone SU-31

Anyone else flying one of these? Just got mine.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/02a-003-su-31-epp-kit.html

Wolfe
wolfewinde is offline Find More Posts by wolfewinde
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:43 PM
Deutschland, BY, Augsburg
Joined Nov 2010
123 Posts
Looks like my Yak55 from the King, and that flyyyyys well
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17521
Schrottflyer is offline Find More Posts by Schrottflyer
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:54 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Yeah - It does look similar

Wolfe
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:16 PM
Sparta,WI,USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,622 Posts
Haven't flown that particular one but have flown a couple other Techone planes. All flew good.

RonJ
RonJ is offline Find More Posts by RonJ
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:27 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
They seem to fly well from what I have read about them.

Hoping to get this one together today except for the servos, which haven't shown up yet.

Will be using a 200 watt 1200 kv motor - hope that is enough - should be I guess. Will try a 1300 3s battery and a 30 amp ESC

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ushless/Detail

Wolfe
Old Feb 25, 2012, 04:39 PM
Joined Feb 2010
60 Posts
Great deal...

I was surprised at the combo price. Only $119.00 plus shipping. I ordered mine on Valentines day when they were running a sale - 14% off so I got it for about $115 shipped.

Nice electronics - great motor, metal gear servos and a good speed controller - all Tech one stuff.

The only things you need with this combo - other than glue - are extensions for the rudder and elevator servo. I happened to have some, but I would have been disappointed had I not.

I just finished it about an hour ago - waiting for good weather so I can maiden it. Maybe tomorrow...

http://www.nitroplanes.com/02a-003-su-31-epp-arf.html
rotorsup is offline Find More Posts by rotorsup
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:42 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Ahhhh - good to hear the electronics are decent. I ordered the kit, so did not get those -was tempting, though, good price for an Rx-R. Sounds like you did well with that VD coupon.

I will be interested in how your maiden goes.

Wolfe
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:28 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Well mine is together except for servos and push rods - should get those early next week.

Wolfe
Old Feb 25, 2012, 08:00 PM
Joined Feb 2010
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfewinde View Post
Ahhhh - good to hear the electronics are decent. I ordered the kit, so did not get those -was tempting, though, good price for an Rx-R. Sounds like you did well with that VD coupon.

I will be interested in how your maiden goes.

Wolfe
Maybe I shouldn't sound so confident about the electronics since I haven't flown it yet. But I've had other TechOne electronics and found them to be first rate. The Tiger Motors (T Motor) I've had have been fantastic. Nitro Planes doesn't make it clear which electronics come with the combo, so when I ordered, I was worried that they'd package some cheap components on their own. I was really happy when the package came and it was all TechOne stuff.

BTW - why do you need different push rods? I found the ones that came with the kit to be quite good...
Old Feb 25, 2012, 08:16 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
I don't need different push rods, just can't hook them up until I get the servos.

I am glad to hear the TechOne electronics are good and that NP is not changing them. I also got the FlyFun trainer kit - if that one works out I may get the Rx-r model of that to send to one of my grandkids.

Wolfe
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:19 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,040 Posts
Ive flown both the hk yak 55 and the techone su 31. Ive flown quite a few of the techone planes and they are well priced and fly well,the tiger-t-motors have all performed very well also.. right up there with other big brand name outrunners. With nitroplanes carrying the techone planes now there will probably be more feedback in the forums on these planes since there one of the larger vendors. Heres a link to a thread i started for the su-31 in the fall with some info and feedback on the su-31.

Couple videos,cant beat these planes for the price and they fly well with the at2216 outrunner with a apc 11x3.8sf prop with a nanotech 1300mah pack.

Techone SU-31 Nanotech 3s 1300mah From EPPHOBBY (7 min 1 sec)

Also tried a eflite 400 outrunner.. will fly the plane but the at2216 powers it much better especially for 3d type flying.
Techone SU-31 With Park 400 Outrunner (5 min 32 sec)
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:29 AM
Joined Feb 2010
60 Posts
Just got a short (3 minute maiden). Weather was clear but cold and windy.

With a 1000mah 3s pack, all up weight is 1 pound, 7 ounces, so it flies very light - a little too light for the wind today. It felt like it needed a little more punch for pull outs, and I think GetReal's suggestion for the 11-3.8 prop will do the trick. Thank you.

Even with the small pack 3 minutes was only about 300mah, so I should be able to get six minute flights without taxing the batteries...
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:30 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Hey Get Real,

Sorry about starting a new thread. I looked for one on this plane but did not see yours. Glad to see someone on this one with experience with this plane, though.

I liked your videos. Have watched them several times. I like the way you fly this plane, since you actually fly it around some and don't just hover the whole time.

I don't really want to learn 3D, but I do want to learn better use of the rudder, slow rolls, some harrier, and just generally the sticks better - as in coordinated instinctive rudder/aileron/ throttle control. Thought this plane might let me do that.

Where can you get the Techone Motors?

Wolfe
Last edited by wolfewinde; Feb 26, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:24 PM
Joined Nov 2011
163 Posts
Quote:
Where can you get the Techone Motors?
I get all of my techone stuff from Epphobby.com and yes, they have Techone motors!
am534615 is offline Find More Posts by am534615
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:57 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Thanks. Bookmarked that site

Wolfe