SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 25, 2012, 08:43 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,846 Posts
Discussion
Why I should not use OSD ??

Hi ..

I wonder why some very knowledgeable , and experienced FPV pilots would not use OSD ??... I'm sure there is a very good reason for this ...

Thanks a lot

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 09:02 AM
Bangkok
Joined Oct 2007
1,633 Posts
If you know how to navigate terrain and not get lost, know how long can you fly on your batteries and like simplicity, why not?

I think it was Leonardo Da Vinci that said that simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
AleG is offline Find More Posts by AleG
Old Feb 25, 2012, 09:06 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleG View Post
I think it was Leonardo Da Vinci that said that simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Wow ..

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Old Feb 25, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Aug 2011
90 Posts
If you don't want your plane back after failure

If you don't plan to fly past your radio limits, and don't want a backup system. It is much simpler, but I have seen many people praise the osd flying the plane back to them where they could regain control of it again after flying out of range of the video tx or the controlling tx. Many things can happen that could cause a failure. I like the idea of my plane coming home if something fails, and I like recording the gps location in case I have to go try to recover it.

If you are only going to do very short range flights you probably don't need it. Also if you fly with a friend who has the osd in their plane they could probably help you locate yours if it goes down.
Jim2011 is offline Find More Posts by Jim2011