HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2012, 03:29 AM
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
Question
Mini CP with Devo 8s Binding Error

I bought new mini CP with Devo 8s and received it yesterday. After battery is fully charged, I do follow before flight step from manual, I found problem it's cannot binding. I try contact the seller and seller suggest me do as follows.

Before you bind, please make sure the throttle stick is at the lowest point, and FMOD switch off, and then:
1. Connect the lipo battery to the Mini CP first and put in on the table/ ground (flat surface),
2. Turn on the transmitter immediately.
Then wait for them to bind and after a while, you should see the servo have little movement, and then you can try to test it.

After I do follow seller suggestion step, It still cannot binding.
Mini CP with Devo 8s Binding Error (1 min 29 sec)

And I do several things from seller suggestion such as adjust the antenna on the receiver, put the TX antenna closer to the receiver, upload Genius CP configuration from Walkera to TX ans select this model. It still cannot binding.

Can anyone help me to solve binding error of my mini CP / Devo 8s.

Thanks
miniCP is offline Find More Posts by miniCP
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:54 AM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
1. on the TX go in fixed id option and make sure it's off
2. while heli and tx is off, take bind plug and put it in the elevator socket on RX. use a sharp object to pull the servo plug out, don't pull on the wire.
3. after bind plug is inserted plug in battery (leave TX off).. light on rx will blink fast.
4. pull bind plug while light is still blinking and it should blink slower once removed.
5. unplug battery from heli.
6. power tx on and quickly plug heli battery.

see if that helps.
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:56 AM
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub View Post
1. on the TX go in fixed id option and make sure it's off
2. while heli and tx is off, take bind plug and put it in the elevator socket on RX. use a sharp object to pull the servo plug out, don't pull on the wire.
3. after bind plug is inserted plug in battery (leave TX off).. light on rx will blink fast.
4. pull bind plug while light is still blinking and it should blink slower once removed.
5. unplug battery from heli.
6. power tx on and quickly plug heli battery.

see if that helps.
Thank you for your advice.

I followed your instruction, from step 3, I got the LED blinking as slow as normal instead of "blink fast", but in step 4 after unplug the bind plug the LED blink super fast, After do followed last step, It's still cannot binding.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:41 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
871 Posts
Search for "finless bob's" videos on the Genius. There's one about binding that may help.
itsmillertime is online now Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Feb 26, 2012, 02:03 AM
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Search for "finless bob's" videos on the Genius. There's one about binding that may help.

After I watch Finless Bob's video genuis CP binding and then follow clear fixed id and re-bind step.

- On the TX, fixed id option is off.
- On RX, plugged out the ELEV servo.
- Inserted the "bind plug" to ELEV servo slot and the plugged-in the battery on RX, the light on RX was slow blinking.
- Pulled-out the "bind plug", the light on RX was blinking fast.
- Unplugged the battery from RX.
- Turned on TX and then immediately plugged-in the battery on RX.
- The binding was successes. Yehhh
- And then after plugged the ELEV servo back on RX, The binding was failed.

I have recorded the video and upload to the youtube.
mini CP w/ Devo 8S, clear fixed id and re-bind (1 min 36 sec)
Last edited by miniCP; Feb 26, 2012 at 02:08 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 02:10 AM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
did you try turn TX off then back on before connecting battery? after you plugged in servo the TX was still on?

what you can try is setup a fixed id after you get it to bind.. so: while bind (solid red LED) go in TX > fixed id. set to ON. then hit "setup" and wait a few seconds.. after that, unplug heli battery, turn TX off and try binding again.
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Feb 26, 2012, 02:20 AM
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
did you try turn TX off then back on before connecting battery? after you plugged in servo the TX was still on?
Yes, I turned the TX off before connecting the battery and according to the sample video, I plugged in the ELEV servo while the TX was on.

Quote:
what you can try is setup a fixed id after you get it to bind.. so: while bind (solid red LED) go in TX > fixed id. set to ON. then hit "setup" and wait a few seconds.. after that, unplug heli battery, turn TX off and try binding again.
Yes, I tried to used the fixed id option too, but still not bind.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:38 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
I would try the following:

1) Create a new model from scratch (do not copy existing model) and try to bind with that. Plug in battery to heli then turn on tx.

2) If that doesn't work then reload software/firmware on the tx, reset to factory default, and try again.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:33 AM
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
I would try the following:

1) Create a new model from scratch (do not copy existing model) and try to bind with that. Plug in battery to heli then turn on tx.

2) If that doesn't work then reload software/firmware on the tx, reset to factory default, and try again.

I tried to following your suggestion with create a new model, but still not bind.
If plug out the ELEV servo, the binding will be success.

Or the ELEV servo have a problem, Is it possible?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:17 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
What happens if you plug another servo in the elevator servo plug? Can you bind then?
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:19 AM
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
What happens if you plug another servo in the elevator servo plug? Can you bind then?
I don't have any spare servo for testing, all other models I have are wltoys and nine eagles and they don't have the servo plug.

Finally I have decided to return the part for repairing. Thank you all, for all recommendation and suggestions I will be back again once the part repaired.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:18 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniCP View Post

I tried to following your suggestion with create a new model, but still not bind.
If plug out the ELEV servo, the binding will be success.

Or the ELEV servo have a problem, Is it possible?

If this is the case I can think of one issue as it seems like it remains in code clearing mode.

your two wires are touching somewhere either behind the servo plug or the servo itself

Plug another servo (aileron or pitch servo) into the elevator slot and try to bind this will tell you if it is the servo or the board
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:12 AM
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
If this is the case I can think of one issue as it seems like it remains in code clearing mode.

your two wires are touching somewhere either behind the servo plug or the servo itself

Plug another servo (aileron or pitch servo) into the elevator slot and try to bind this will tell you if it is the servo or the board

I have tested and the results as below

1st Test
- Unplugged the ELEV servo
- Unplugged AILE servo and plugged AILE servo into ELEV servo port
- Leaved ELEV servo
- Turned on TX and then plugged battery on RX, Bindding success

2nd Test
- Unplugged PIT servo and plugged PIT servo into ELEV servo port
- Leaved ELEV servo
- Turned on TX and then plugged battery on RX, Bindding fail (Fast light blinking)
- Unplugged battery on RX and then turned off TX.

3rd Test
- Unplugged PIT servo and plugged PIT servo into ELEV servo port
- Plugged ELEV servo into PIT servo port

4th Test
- Plugged all servos into their original ports
- Turned on TX and then plugged battery on RX, Bindding fail (Slow light blinking)
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:27 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,352 Posts
It does indeed Sound like the elevator servo has two wires touching somewhere near the plug or in the case and why it goes into Id clearing when you plug it into the elevator port

Check and make sure all three wires with crimp plugs that go into the connector of the elevator servo are firmly seated and not contacting each other.( I use a small screwdriver to push each one down and seat them in the plastic housing)
If they are ok look up and down the wire for any pinched ares where wire to wire contact might occur.
If you don't see any open the servo bottom and look to see if two wires are contacting each other
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:15 AM
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
I think the binding, RX will check the ELEV servo port only. Because, when I switch other server into the ELEV servo port, It will binding success, and have a response from servo. Except ELEV servo did not any response even plug it in to the other port.

The seller will send new servo to me for replace it.