HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:00 PM
United States, OH
Joined Mar 2012
1,041 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fBRShTlFpGA

I just watched this again, and got my stratos out to make sure everything was correct. I noticed that per the video as you increase throttle the elevator should drop down, mine doesn't with the wing on it just stays level. when I take the wing off it works correctly. gotta see if wires is binding when I put wing on I guess.

Ughhh I should have known from reading prior post's, my elevator control rod is slipping at the joint in the attached pic. I think I have it adjusted correctly and it slipping..CA glue here I come. I haven't flown this bird because of some crashes that were caused by this I am sure. I have been sticking to flying my Champ and um-t28 because I didn't wanna damage the stratos anymore.
Live and learn
Ginohio is offline Find More Posts by Ginohio
Last edited by Ginohio; Oct 16, 2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: problem found
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:21 PM
Joined Aug 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginohio View Post

I just watched this again, and got my stratos out to make sure everything was correct. I noticed that per the video as you increase throttle the elevator should drop down, mine doesn't with the wing on it just stays level. when I take the wing off it works correctly. gotta see if wires is binding when I put wing on I guess.

Ughhh I should have known from reading prior post's, my elevator control rod is slipping at the joint in the attached pic. I think I have it adjusted correctly and it slipping..CA glue here I come. I haven't flown this bird because of some crashes that were caused by this I am sure. I have been sticking to flying my Champ and um-t28 because I didn't wanna damage the stratos anymore.
Live and learn
Mine was doing the same thing! Everytime I would get it adjusted it wouldn't stay. Found it slipping at that joint. I super glued it and its been fine.
Iplumb is offline Find More Posts by Iplumb
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:17 PM
United States, OH
Joined Mar 2012
1,041 Posts
slapped some CA glue on mine tonight.but flew the Champ instead way to windy I was flying a kite... Not a plane... But, I think I have the problem figured out on the Stratos now

I have to admit I have learned this from learning on my Champ and reading on here..the manual is here and there what youneed to do. I am hoping with the experience I have gotten on my um-t28 and champ I can now fly this Stratos and enjoy it like the rest of you guys & gals on here...Now I waiting for them to combine the corn field across the road so I don't have to drive to fly...lol
Ginohio is offline Find More Posts by Ginohio
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:46 AM
Landing, watch your ass!!!
Joined Dec 2010
89 Posts
Will a spektrum TX compatible with the Strato on board Receiver, It's really fustrated to have the sexy original TX crashed.
flyball is offline Find More Posts by flyball
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:53 AM
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyball View Post
Will a spektrum TX compatible with the Strato on board Receiver, It's really fustrated to have the sexy original TX crashed.
No, you have to use the Red Startos RTF Transmitter, or change out all the electronics.
jrtubb is offline Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Eflite Carbon Cub!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:50 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginohio View Post

Live and learn
just seen this now in this post--if I got my new Stratos, I will glue this point and many thanks for the video link
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:17 AM
Foam Temple Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Sep 2012
586 Posts
Camera mounting details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post
Nice flying there, Jay

What camera are you using? Damn fine video quality
Thanks! I'm using a HobbyKing Wing Camera. I mount it, with hook and loop strips, to the rear of the cockpit area, just in front of where the leading edge of the wing meets the fuselage. I had to move the battery back to keep the center of gravity over the main wing spar, after I determined correct location of battery when camera is mounted, about 1.5 inches back from normal battery location, I marked the battery compartment so that I can place the battery quickly in the field.

Jay
JayY is online now Find More Posts by JayY
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:24 PM
United States, TX, Fort Hood
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Ok guys need some help here, I'm fairly new to the RC Plane hobby got my Stratos about a month ago loving it. I have had no issues till now, I let my daughter give it a whirl and well it was crashed 1st time besides a little nose damage there is no other damage I can see. The issue I am having is now it seems that one prop spins faster than the other. I had order spare blades and motors so I did a change out of both on the plane and its still happening. Is there something wrong with the RX or TX? I know its not the VI thats doing this the plane basically does doughnuts on the ground when you throttle the plane up.

Great weather ahead no wind so Im dying not being able to get out and fly.
allenj3375 is offline Find More Posts by allenj3375
Last edited by allenj3375; Oct 19, 2012 at 02:31 PM. Reason: clarification on issue
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:27 PM
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,310 Posts
Sounds like the built in speed control in the RX is messed up. Not much you can do or adjust, call Horizon and see if they will ship a replacement since it is only a month old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenj3375 View Post
Ok guys need some help here, I'm fairly new to the RC Plane hobby got my Stratos about a month ago loving it. I have had no issues till now, I let my daughter give it a whirl and well it was crashed 1st time besides a little nose damage there is no other damage I can see. The issue I am having is now it seems that one prop spins faster than the other. I had order spare blades and motors so I did a change out of both on the plane and its still happening. Is there something wrong with the RX or TX? I know its not the VI thats doing this the plane basically does doughnuts on the ground when you throttle the plane up.

Great weather ahead no wind so Im dying not being able to get out and fly.
jrtubb is offline Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Eflite Carbon Cub!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:15 PM
United States, TX, Fort Hood
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtubb View Post
Sounds like the built in speed control in the RX is messed up. Not much you can do or adjust, call Horizon and see if they will ship a replacement since it is only a month old.
Ok great thanks for the input I will give them a call.

Gave Tech Support a call today they are great agreed it sounds to be a bad ESC so they are shipping me a new board. Winds are bad here today so couldnt fly anyways. Can't wait till I get the part to get her back in the air.
allenj3375 is offline Find More Posts by allenj3375
Last edited by allenj3375; Oct 20, 2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: update
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:23 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayY View Post
Thanks! I'm using a HobbyKing Wing Camera. I mount it, with hook and loop strips, to the rear of the cockpit area, just in front of where the leading edge of the wing meets the fuselage. I had to move the battery back to keep the center of gravity over the main wing spar, after I determined correct location of battery when camera is mounted, about 1.5 inches back from normal battery location, I marked the battery compartment so that I can place the battery quickly in the field.

Jay
Very nice setup indeed. I plan on maidening mine tomorrow, first time the weather has been stable all month. I don't plan any filming of the first to landings, but may bring my 808#16. Just need to check CG and position the cam.
Nighthawk74 is offline Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:58 AM
Foam Temple Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Sep 2012
586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post
Very nice setup indeed. I plan on maidening mine tomorrow, first time the weather has been stable all month. I don't plan any filming of the first to landings, but may bring my 808#16. Just need to check CG and position the cam.
Good luck with your maiden flight, please let us know how it goes!
JayY is online now Find More Posts by JayY
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:14 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Good luck with your first flights, Nighthawk!

First and last flights for me were September 22nd - again, too windy today here in north Texas, Ugh.

I've got withdrawals... hahaha

... Lennie
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:26 AM
20+ years of RC flying
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2012
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
...I've got withdrawals... hahaha
I can relate to that. I haven't been flying in over a month because it was archery hunting season here. Am getting caught up on home chores now and doing a little (very little) building in the evenings. Next for me is completing a rifle project and doing some scouting by the beginning of gun season in 2 weeks. Then I'll be in the woods for 2 months pretty much all the time. LOL

I MAY be able to squeeze in a little Stratos flying. The weather is finally cooling off here and it's getting to be the "good" time of year for all things outdoors.
BigIron357 is offline Find More Posts by BigIron357
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:35 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIron357 View Post
I MAY be able to squeeze in a little Stratos flying. The weather is finally cooling off here and it's getting to be the "good" time of year for all things outdoors.
The temps here in north Texas are perfect - mid 70's to low 80's during the day, down into the low 50's at night - love it.

I can only fly weekends in the area I chose - next door to a high school. Then it seems, come the week end, the dang Texas winds kick up. Oh well, I'll get my time (I hope ).

Be safe with all those weapons my friend...
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy