SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:44 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
Word of advice: be prepared to make an effort. It takes all of 6-seconds to copy and paste with a mouse, but a lot longer with a small iPhone screen and big fingers.
I get the message - end of topic.
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:45 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,950 Posts
I didn't appreciate the rolling eyes.

unsubscribed.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Gerry__; Oct 13, 2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:47 PM
Duncanville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
108 Posts
Quote:
Low voltage cutoff

Thanks Gerry
king1522 is offline Find More Posts by king1522
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:25 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL morning here... had some pretty rough storms last night. Was out at daybreak, zero wind but prediction is for 10+ mph and it's beginning now. No flying for this novice today... maybe next weekend.

Recharging my two Lipos... maybe it will calm later in the day.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:29 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
I didn't appreciate the rolling eyes.

unsubscribed.

Don't quit over such nonsense.

Most of your input has a whole lot of value and most of us certainly appreciate it. I know I have.

Come back and let's all just yak about this great little trainer.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:26 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
Don't quit over such nonsense.

Most of your input has a whole lot of value and most of us certainly appreciate it. I know I have.

Come back and let's all just yak about this great little trainer.
+1, I agree
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:46 PM
Foam Temple Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Sep 2012
541 Posts
High Speed, Low Altitude Flying

While I'm still a beginner, my skills and confidence have grown since the last time I posted. Here's a link to a video of me flying our Firebird Stratos at high speed, mostly full throttle, around the field at low altitude this afternoon. I love that the Firebird can float along at half throttle and glide so well with no power at all, but will also really move along if you ask it to.

Jay

High Speed, Low Altitude (0 min 58 sec)
JayY is online now Find More Posts by JayY
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Aug 2012
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayY View Post
While I'm still a beginner, my skills and confidence have grown since the last time I posted. Here's a link to a video of me flying our Firebird Stratos at high speed, mostly full throttle, around the field at low altitude this afternoon. I love that the Firebird can float along at half throttle and glide so well with no power at all, but will also really move along if you ask it to.

Jay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2b3QhdPJ-s
Nice! I love making it dive at full trottle and hearing the motors scream.
Iplumb is offline Find More Posts by Iplumb
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:36 AM
Accidental Kamakazi
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Word of advice: be prepared to make an effort. It takes all of 6-seconds to copy and paste with a mouse, but a lot longer with a small iPhone screen and big fingers.
Funny, the amount of time you spent on sassy remarks you could have easily provided a link. iPhone has a nice "Select-All" "Copy" "Paste" function.

Quietguy, your withdraws cannot be too bad. Friday I got home from work to see the flags at the front of my neighborhood were standing straight out. 10mph steady breeze. I flew the Stratos anyways haha. It had a bit of trouble controlling itself in the wind, but I had 3 complete take-offs and landings with zero damage. It's all about how bad you want to fly, and what your expectations are in my opinion. I think I'm ready to move on to something brushless with more guts behind it. I sure wish I could make this thing BL!
RunninKurt is offline Find More Posts by RunninKurt
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:46 AM
Duncanville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
108 Posts
I'm stumped

Went out this morning to fly my Stratos and it generally flew pretty well. The problem I'm having is sometimes it won't respond to right rudder! Seems like there is absolutely no response and then sometimes it responds just fine???? Search me! I have noticed on landing when the plane approaches close to me, the left hand motor is not spinning as if it stopped. Right motor is spinning and left motor-nothing, I wonder if it is cutting out in flight and causing the problem. I sure would appreciate some ideas!
Thanks
Don
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:01 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Oh, I wanna fly, Kurt, without a doubt. But at my skill point, anything above 5 mph will probably result in me planting the Stratos tail up...

king - I wonder if the esc/programming is acting up causing the variable thrust feature to fail. Are your trims set low? Meaning, not trimmed fully to the left? If they are at max, that may cause some issue.

Good luck with that, king.

... Lennie
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:32 PM
United States, OH
Joined Mar 2012
1,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by king1522 View Post
Went out this morning to fly my Stratos and it generally flew pretty well. The problem I'm having is sometimes it won't respond to right rudder! Seems like there is absolutely no response and then sometimes it responds just fine???? Search me! I have noticed on landing when the plane approaches close to me, the left hand motor is not spinning as if it stopped. Right motor is spinning and left motor-nothing, I wonder if it is cutting out in flight and causing the problem. I sure would appreciate some ideas!
Thanks
Don
That would be the rudder assist, look back in this thread for the flight test video and they explain that mix.

Greg
Ginohio is offline Find More Posts by Ginohio
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:04 PM
Duncanville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
108 Posts
Thanks for the help. I will search back and read up on the rudder assist. I solved my motor problem. Stupid me...when I glued the nacelle back on after a crash I was too liberal with the glue. Too much glue slows down motors really well!! Anyway, removed excess and motors now run fine,
Don
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:33 AM
Joined Jul 2012
43 Posts
King1522 Also do a ground check that the pushrod is moving cleanly through the little white plastic guide that is close to where it comes through the fuselage. if that has moved due to a knock, it can cause it to rub and not move smoothly.

With the wings off I have noticed that the pushrods can sometimes flex internally which limits the amount of throw they will give your surfaces.

I would recommend fully testing the movements of all surfaces at home just to make sure its not going to happen to you again, if you need to make a quick landing for some unforseen event and your right rudder is failing, it could end up in a mess you might have easily avoided.
jack3auer is offline Find More Posts by jack3auer
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:45 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayY View Post

Jay
Nice flying there, Jay

What camera are you using? Damn fine video quality
Nighthawk74 is offline Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness