HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:18 AM
Joined Jul 2012
43 Posts
good luck with the maiden Count.

I flew mine for about the 10th time last night, it is great. the battery seemed to run down pretty quick though that time though. it seemed to only last half the usual time, not sure if its because i hadn't charged the battery for nearly 2 weeks. luckily i noticed it wasn't climbing to well and brought it back towards me right as the LVC started to occur.

i am going to start properly timing my flights to
jack3auer is offline Find More Posts by jack3auer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:46 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
Hi all,

my Stratos arrived yesterday- seems to be good- all peaces looks good and fit perfect.
Weather has to be better and I will try my maiden with this beginner plane.
That's great! Have fun and luck with your first flight.

Been too windy and rainy here in Texas to fly, Ugh!
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:32 AM
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,223 Posts
Quote:
Hi all,

my Stratos arrived yesterday- seems to be good- all peaces looks good and fit perfect.
Weather has to be better and I will try my maiden with this beginner plane.
Have fun! Given your flying experience you shouldn't have any problems. Just curious but why did you decide to go to a beginner plane?
jrtubb is online now Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:54 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,788 Posts
I bet he just needs to get re-oriented after a time off from the hobby. Have fun with your FB Stratos Count.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:30 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
895 Posts
Hi all,

thanks for your wishes and kind comments
Yes, I bought it for me and my family which complain to be only audience at the field - my little son has to do something so I can carry the plane with him, he can play with the TX a.s.o..--first of all I can looking after him during flight.
HH is my favorite brand- I have two Strykers (micro and big brother) and several UMX models.
My experience in model flying -33 years- and maybe it would be a great contest for me to fly the Stratos after have drunken much alcoholic drinks

Just kidding, I'm very interesting to see what HH mean with "best beginner plane with virtual intructor" and up to now I have seen many great things at this plane.

Looking forward to the maiden but weather is still horrible here in Germany.
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:35 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Hi all,

thanks for your wishes and kind comments
Yes, I bought it for me and my family which complain to be only audience at the field - my little son has to do something so I can carry the plane with him, he can play with the TX a.s.o..--first of all I can looking after him during flight.
HH is my favorite brand- I have two Strykers (micro and big brother) and several UMX models.
My experience in model flying -33 years- and maybe it would be a great contest for me to fly the Stratos after have drunken much alcoholic drinks

Just kidding, I'm very interesting to see what HH mean with "best beginner plane with virtual intructor" and up to now I have seen many great things at this plane.

Looking forward to the maiden but weather is still horrible here in Germany.
Give us your opinions after the maiden... and if you're able, a video would be great.

... Lennie
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:53 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,056 Posts
Thats it! I have given up holding off...and ordered one of these bad boys. Can't wait to get it airbourne. Early christmas presi for myself
Nighthawk74 is offline Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:54 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Way to go, Nighthawk!!
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:29 AM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
895 Posts
Lennie...I have a old key spy cam and will make a video for you
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:43 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Mostly, enjoy your new plane, Count!

If you want to share some videos of your flights, we'd all like to see them.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:37 AM
Joined Mar 2012
12 Posts
Flying

I would rather fly a plane I can teach myself. The stratos will be good for me and I can also disable the instructural help on the plane. I have tried flying a plane without a built in instructional help by going to a rc club and I was very disappointed in going and getting help. When I went to get help at the club I might have flown about a minute or two and the guy that was helping me flew it more than me and then we sat down for a long time while other people flew. To me, I can not learn that way. I did not get to fly much and I guess I now have a bad taste in my mouth. It just gets aggravating to hear people say you need to get someone to help you. Please. People in the clubs need to pick the best time to help someone and actually let them fly. That is what keeps people from trying rc planes and helicopters out. If I can't learn on my own, then I will not get into this hobby. And most people in that club flew gas power everything. It was like they never knew of electric. Old schoolers want you to start out on a gas plane that costs a lot and then you have to wait forever to get help and that pushes someone to go out and fly by themselves and when they crash, the plane breaks too much and then the beginner does not know how to fix it and he gets out of the hobby. Sorry but I went through this and left a bad taste.
chaddlee1978 is offline Find More Posts by chaddlee1978
Last edited by chaddlee1978; Oct 06, 2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:22 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddlee1978 View Post
I would rather fly a plane I can teach myself. The stratos will be good for me and I can also disable the instructural help on the plane. I have tried flying a plane without a built in instructional help by going to a rc club and I was very disappointed in going and getting help. When I went to get help at the club I might have flown about a minute or two and the guy that was helping me flew it more than me and then we sat down for a long time while other people flew. To me, I can not learn that way. I did not get to fly much and I guess I now have a bad taste in my mouth. It just gets aggravating to hear people say you need to get someone to help you. Please. People in the clubs need to pick the best time to help someone and actually let them fly. That is what keeps people from trying rc planes and helicopters out. If I can't learn on my own, then I will not get into this hobby. And most people in that club flew gas power everything. It was like they never knew of electric. Old schoolers want you to start out on a gas plane that costs a lot and then you have to wait forever to get help and that pushes someone to go out and fly by themselves and when they crash, the plane breaks too much and then the beginner does not know how to fix it and he gets out of the hobby. Sorry but I went through this and left a bad taste.
Plenty of people teach themselves to fly RC and plenty of people need help, but not everyone needs lessons.

As long as you have a good understanding of basic flight physics you should be fine. By basic understanding, I mean read some books and articles about it and not just assume, as some do, that you are a natural born pilot.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:21 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
Mostly, enjoy your new plane, Count!

If you want to share some videos of your flights, we'd all like to see them.
...first of all you can see my channel:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.5m4gnnOFFGw

My modifications at my Stratos:

- used CA for fixing the elevator with fuse
- used a longer screw with glue for the battery hatch lever.

Other things are o.k- nice solution to fix the wings together and the cfk rod above the wings are also very good.
Hmmm, the brush motors are not really "state of the art" but if they work- its o.k.- we will see how long they work. I assume this motors are unexpensive so I can buy spare parts without high costs.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:33 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Hey Count; That link may be off a bit, didn't find anything through that about your Stratos.

Also... what elevator "fix" did you do with CA?? I'm curious.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:40 PM
Joined May 2010
22 Posts
Has anyone put brushless motors in this puppy yet? Upgraded the servos, and installed a real radio?
pmatrisotto is offline Find More Posts by pmatrisotto