SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Feb 2010
16 Posts
Discussion
Old Enya 60-II value?

Hey Guys, I have an old (at least 25 years old) Enya 60-II (model 7032) engine that has been broken-in, but never flown. It was my Grandpa's, but he never really had the skill to fly, so had a bunch of models with essentially zero flight time.

As much as I appreciate the sentimental value of some of this stuff, we are moving and need to clear out the garage...so I have this engine (still in the original box with instruction sheet), that I want to sell...but I'm wondering if it is a collectors item or not (or at least estimating it's value) before trying to sell it. Any thoughts?
RGibson is offline Find More Posts by RGibson
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 02:45 PM
United States, NY, Ithaca
Joined Sep 2007
911 Posts
There are lots of them around, so collectors will only be interested if it is brand new. Anyone else would buy it to run, and most people would prefer a modern engine. They are good engines, but not terribly powerful, and they probably need more castor oil in the fuel than most modern fuels have.

There is definitely a market for these in good condition, but don't expect to get a lot for it.

Does it have a muffler? Everyone has to use a muffler these days, so if there isn't one it is worth much less.

Jim
buzzard bait is offline Find More Posts by buzzard bait
Old Feb 24, 2012, 04:05 PM
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Apr 2007
1,134 Posts
There are currently two on the US eBay, although one seems very cheap and one quite expensive (although no bids have been made for the expensive one and the auction has nearly finished). They might give you a rough idea though.
DeeBee1 is offline Find More Posts by DeeBee1
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:22 AM
Joined Feb 2010
16 Posts
Thanks for the tips guys. It appears that since I don't have a silencer for it, I'm probably looking at between $50 and $70 at auction, based on what I'm seeing on eBay for similar items. However,those were all "used," and while I can say that I know fuel went through this motor, it never left the ground...so it's like new...
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:58 PM
The middle of Kansas
Joined Jan 2005
714 Posts
The old Enya 60 II was a very nice motor. They were flown a lot in R/C pattern competition in the late 60's, early 70's. They also seemingly lasted forever. We used KO mufflers back then with hose clamp type muffler retainers. My experience was with the later Enya 60 III, which was a little more powerful, but not much. Both were very user friendly motors, and had a very nice run to them.
Jim Kraft is offline Find More Posts by Jim Kraft
Old Feb 25, 2012, 09:30 PM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,076 Posts
The 60-II (model 7032) came out in '65 and if you're very lucky you may have one of the very early ones that had a chrome plated crankcase which looks somewhat similar to the unplated but a slightly different sheen to them. This was their first 60 to use a ringed alloy piston. A change was made to the piston about 6 months after production started when 2 skirt ports were added to help cool the piston. RC versions had a hole at each end of the exhaust stack for a baffle while the CL version used a solid stack. Production ceased in late '69 with the introduction of the 60-III which in turn was replaced by the 60-IIIB.

Enya actually re-introduced the 60-IIIB a couple of years ago with the only change being a modified crankcase to accept a bolt on muffler instead of the old strap on type. I bought one .
downunder is offline Find More Posts by downunder
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:31 AM
Sverige, Värmlands Län, Filipstad
Joined Jan 2009
1,169 Posts
Hi,

RGibson:
What engine had Phil Kraft in his Kwik-Fly when he became acrobatic (F3A) World Champion 1967? Was it an Enya 60 II?
I think so, that may add some extra value to the engine - a world champ engine.

downunder:
Are You flying with Your "re-introduced" Enya 60 III B?
In what plane and how good is the engine?

In 1973 T. Yoshoika was World Champion with his Blue Angel with Enya 60 III B equipped with YS pressure carburator and pump (see image below).

I have an old MK 60 Blue Angel kit and I can not decide for the moment what engine it will use - in beginning I thought a new in box Enya 60 IIIB (with G8 carburator) would be nice (as close to original I would come probably since an old YS pressure carburator with pump can not be easy to find today). Then I have also been tinking of using electric motor.

Will the new Enya 60 III B control line engine that Enya make today be posible to equip with a new Enya G8 carburator - anyone now? (A G8 carburator is listed as spare part on Enya homepage)

http://www.enya-engine.com/ListCL_E.html

http://www.enya-engine.com/P_list/P_list60340_E.html

I see the new type of muffler for this reborn "new" Enya 60 III B among the mufflers at Enya homepage (Part no M6032) at http://www.enya-engine.com/accessories_E.html
Hard to see in the greyscale image below what muffler Yoshoika had on his Enya engine but it does not seem to be an Enya muffler.

/Bo
bossee is online now Find More Posts by bossee
Last edited by bossee; Feb 26, 2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:09 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Apr 2011
5 Posts
I'm looking for a 60 II. Is your engine for sale? Greg
Biggles_172 is online now Find More Posts by Biggles_172
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:06 PM
Joined Feb 2010
16 Posts
Sold it several months ago, sorry!