HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:08 PM
Joined Feb 2010
21 Posts
Help!
MWC TX channel inversion by software?

Hello everyone!

I have a problem concerning the roll-channel on my MWC.
Everything works great, except for the roll input, it's inverted (Copter stabilizes correctly in all directions but if i want to go right, copter goes left).
Unfortunately i can't change the roll-direction on my transmitter.
Is it possible to change the input direction in the code? If so, how?

Thanks for helping!

Regards & Happy Amps!
-Rob
Rober-t is offline Find More Posts by Rober-t
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:05 PM
Spain
Joined Jan 2010
457 Posts
sure u can not do the conversion with the tx?
I had the same issue with a 4 ch spek one and after lof of fighting to get the right code..put a pic of the tx and someone kindly showed me how to reverse it from tx..
Maybe u can give the pic a try.
Saludos,
Jose
Doblao is offline Find More Posts by Doblao
Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Feb 2010
21 Posts
Hi Jose, thanks for the answer!

yup, unfortunately i'm sure it's not possible to invert the roll direction on the transmitter at least not without switching the pot cables..

btw. don't start discussing if it's good or bad to fly with THIS transmitter, i have an MX22 around for my copter but i want to use this one for indoor flying
Last edited by Rober-t; Feb 24, 2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:25 AM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,843 Posts
If you can afford a multi-rotor surely you can afford a semi-decent radio. Do yourself a favour and buy a second-hand Spektrum DX6i and smash that ugly lookin' thing with a hammer
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:48 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Of course the most sensible thing would be implement what the OP asked for, it's really not all THAT much work.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:15 AM
Joined Feb 2010
21 Posts
Hi stunt-double, thanks for the helpful reply, i'm sure you read my post to the end. I'll pm you my bank account.

Timecop, yupp, that's what i thought as well. Somewhere the stick-input must go in as a value between 1000 and 2000. So the calculation for reversion would be just to add -3000 to the stickvalue and switch from - to + afterwards... (old value-3000)*(-1)

Btw, turning on the transmitter while pressing trim button doesnt work with this tx, tried that already
Last edited by Rober-t; Feb 26, 2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 02:52 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,658 Posts
and I know you tried it already but you are sure holding down the aileron trim button for 6 seconds does not give you reversing beep after powering it on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rober-t View Post
Hi stunt-double, thanks for the helpful reply, i'm sure you read my post to the end. I'll pm you my bank account.

Timecop, yupp, that's what i thought as well. Somewhere the stick-input must go in as a value between 1000 and 2000. So the calculation for reversion would be just to add -3000 to the stickvalue and switch from - to + afterwards... (old value-3000)*(-1)

Btw, turning on the transmitter while pressing trim button doesnt work with this tx, tried that already
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old Feb 28, 2012, 05:10 AM
Joined Feb 2010
21 Posts
Hi pug398, thanks for the reply! Unfortunately yes, i'm sure.
Pressing any trim button while powering the transmitter does not invert the channel, no matter how long i keep the trim-button pressed. The only thing that can be changed is the zero point by deflecting the sticks while powering it on.

A software channel reversion in the code would be kind of one line, switching the pot-cables that are hard-wired on a PCB would take some time and i'd have to reverse the servos on my other models as well.

Can anyone show me where the receiver channels are read out in the code?
Maybe i'll try to code it myself then

Happy Amps!
Rob
Old Feb 28, 2012, 05:41 AM
Joined Aug 2007
4,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rober-t View Post
Everything works great, except for the roll input, it's inverted...

In 1.7 try changing this...
Code:
  for(axis=0;axis<2;axis++)
  rcCommand[axis]   = (rcHysteresis[axis]-MIDRC) * (rcFactor2 + rcFactor1*square((rcHysteresis[axis]-MIDRC)));
  rcCommand[THROTTLE] = (MAXTHROTTLE-MINTHROTTLE)/(2000.0-MINCHECK) * (rcHysteresis[THROTTLE]-MINCHECK) + MINTHROTTLE;
  rcCommand[YAW]      = rcHysteresis[YAW]-MIDRC;
to this...
Code:
  rcCommand[ROLL]   = ((rcHysteresis[axis]-MIDRC) * (rcFactor2 + rcFactor1*square((rcHysteresis[axis]-MIDRC)))) *-1;
  rcCommand[PITCH]   = (rcHysteresis[axis]-MIDRC) * (rcFactor2 + rcFactor1*square((rcHysteresis[axis]-MIDRC)));
  rcCommand[THROTTLE] = (MAXTHROTTLE-MINTHROTTLE)/(2000.0-MINCHECK) * (rcHysteresis[THROTTLE]-MINCHECK) + MINTHROTTLE;
  rcCommand[YAW]      = rcHysteresis[YAW]-MIDRC;
or better yet, gently but firmly smash that TX with a sledgehammer.
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RCvertt; Feb 28, 2012 at 10:52 PM.