HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:48 AM
Joined Jan 2006
3 Posts
Help!
HK Multicopter Control Board - motor doesn't spin - need help

Hi everyone,

I built a quadcopter and I have a problem with HK Multicopter control board - so I'm unable to fly or even test it :-(

I've connected all 4 motors to the board to the M1-M4 pins and also connected my RX. All ESCs initialize and do their standard pip pip... Now if I increase the throttle - one motor starts, then the second, then the third and nearly at full throttle the fourth.

At first I thought it could be a problem with the ESCs throttle range - but I think it isn't.

What have I done so far:
- calibrated the ESCs (yaw pot to zero, power, pip pip, power off, restore yaw pot) - OK
- tested the ESCs and motors directly on a RX - OK
- tried different firmwares - XCopter 4.7, XCopter 2.5
- tried with one BEC, two BEC, external BEC
- switched the cables for the motors - so for example motor 1 on pins for M4 and motor 4 on pins for M1 ==> now motor 1 is the last spinning up. So it seems that it's the control boards fault - the order of the motors starting is the same as the pins on the board...

Has anyone an idea what that could be?

Thank you!
Jetro223 is offline Find More Posts by Jetro223
Last edited by Jetro223; Feb 24, 2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: added picture of board
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:57 AM
Never left one up there yet...
Canada, BC, Campbell River
Joined Jun 2009
98 Posts
See post 1778

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...26492&page=119

Cheers

MJ
mdjohnson is offline Find More Posts by mdjohnson
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Jan 2006
3 Posts
Hi, thank you for your answer. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work with just trimming. Now I've flashed the firmware "XXcontroller KR version by Minsoo Kim ***Latest Firmware***" from kkmulticopter.com and my motors spin up simultaneously

There's also another discussion I just found about this here => http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1587021 <= maybe I'll give it another try later
Jetro223 is offline Find More Posts by Jetro223