SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:48 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Windy this whole week. Today, T-storms AND wind. Tomorrow? Sunday?
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:58 AM
Joined Oct 2004
541 Posts
Looks like a no fly today folks!
Wet and windy!
olddog is offline Find More Posts by olddog
Old Mar 25, 2012, 06:46 AM
United States, NJ, Browns Mills
Joined May 2005
1,918 Posts
We had great flying weather on Thursday. Light winds, sunny skies, and my wife and I are both retired. Plus, she's also a flier, so no problem, right?

Wrong. We each got in one flight, then a ANG chopper showed up to practice landings on a distant part of the airfield. Problem is, our agreement with the airfield (owned by the NJ Forestry Service, with our club having a land-use agreement) is that we are grounded whenever a full-scale is in the air, so we sat for around a half-hour, until we gave up and went home. Gotta find a new field!

CD
Captain Dunsel is online now Find More Posts by Captain Dunsel
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:55 AM
United States, IN, Lebanon
Joined Oct 2011
380 Posts
Yesterday was perfect flying weather.... 4-6mph wind no gust (really like 2 mph) very rare for around here. I flew an flew with so much joy.... Today is suppose to be the same, charging rx/tx as well the hot shot super 2. I do need to run to town, haircut ext... as well need to be in bed around 4pm for work tonight but I assure you im flying... YAAAAAAA I want a new plane now lol 11 an counting, need a poile barn soon for my hobby
schusterjo is offline Find More Posts by schusterjo
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:11 AM
SBP
United States, PA, Waynesboro
Joined Aug 2011
97 Posts
It's stopped raining, I hope, the winds are light. I'm going to check Intellicast radar and if it looks like the rain will hold off ,the Grandchildren and I are going flying
SBP is offline Find More Posts by SBP
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:18 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,634 Posts
Another perfect, nearly windless day here in the Fort Worth area.

Spent 7 hours at the field. Finished up three models over the last two days and flew three maiden flights today: Banana Hobby 79" B-17 "909", Dynam Cessna 310 with electric retracts and a vintage foam Kraft/Kyosho DHC Chipmunk electric arf from 1979, converted to modern brushless. All went perfectly.

Here is a shot of the B-17 at the end of the day in the late evening sun.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:35 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
I have not had a chance to get out and fly, but the weather has been perfect for flying. Normal temp is around 49 this time of year, but this last week has been 70 to 80+ with low winds around 3 to 4 mph. Today it got cool again, not also bad though need to get out and fly.
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
Old Mar 27, 2012, 08:13 AM
United States, IN, Lebanon
Joined Oct 2011
380 Posts
20Mph+ wind yesterday an today had my gliders put together I be in but waiting for Futaba receiver be here tomorrow.
schusterjo is offline Find More Posts by schusterjo
Old Mar 27, 2012, 02:13 PM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
We have had great weather here in the UK for the last week, sunny - 20 C - and almost completely windless But I won't rub it in....
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Old Mar 27, 2012, 03:59 PM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,509 Posts
Pretty dang breezy here in the Twin Cities. Our weather station at work showed 20mph winds gusting to 40. Still, I flew my epp combat wing at lunch and it was a blast.
road_rascal is offline Find More Posts by road_rascal
Old Mar 27, 2012, 05:02 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Yesterday was a bit breezy, but flew some. Then the wind died way down and flew the MX2 a couple of times. Got the trims all trimmed correct and it flew nice. Tomorrow is supposed to be good, we'll see.
Don
Old Mar 27, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined Oct 2004
541 Posts
Too windy the last couple of days but we will see what tomorrow brings.
Maybe i can fly my Eagle that i just rejuvenated.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:41 AM
Joined Oct 2004
541 Posts
Nothing but wind today, not sure i even want to play golf.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:49 PM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy View Post
Yesterday was a bit breezy, but flew some. Then the wind died way down and flew the MX2 a couple of times. Got the trims all trimmed correct and it flew nice. Tomorrow is supposed to be good, we'll see.
Don
Glad to hear it went well with the MX2 Don.

Weather is nice here. Chance of rain but who cares. Going after work to fly MUS's with a friend.
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Thanks HBGB

Today might see the maiden of my 3DHS Extra. The MX2, the Extreme Flight Yak54, and the Extra are going with me. BTW .... those 4000mAh 5s batteries take forever to charge! Big difference from 3s 2200 batteries. The 4s don't seem to take much longer than the 3s, but those 5s!

Don