HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:00 PM
Las Cruces, NM
Joined May 2007
110 Posts
Discussion
How much Tx time on one set of AA alkaline batteries?

I have a new TACTIC TTX404, a 2.4GHz FHSS spread spectrum air system. The Tx uses four AA alkaline or four AA NiMH batteries. The manual does not specify power consumption.

How many hours of transmitting time can I expect from one set of alkaline batteries? My first RC aircraft will be delivered in a week, and am considering buying NiMH Tx batteries and charger to save on battery replacement costs.

Thank you.
wolfv is online now Find More Posts by wolfv
Last edited by wolfv; Feb 24, 2012 at 05:32 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:31 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfv View Post
I have a new TACTIC TTX404, a 2.4GHz FHSS spread spectrum air system. The Tx uses four AA alkaline or NiMH batteries. The manual does not specify power consumption.

How many hours of transmitting time can I expect from one set of alkaline batteries? My first RC aircraft will be delivered in a week, and am considering buying NiMH Tx batteries and charger to save on battery replacement costs.

Thank you.
Not sure about your specific radio but Id venture to guess at least 15 hrs of runtime.Probably more around 20.
If you plan to spring for rechargables I would suggest Eneloop(LSD) cells.
Keep an eye out.They sell 4 or 8 packs in a combo deal with a charger.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:14 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,228 Posts
And factor in the cost or replacing you alkaline over time. NiMh for this application makes much more sense. What some will do how ever is carry a spare set of alkaline for those just in case moments they had forgotten to recharge or left the radio on.

+1 on the sanyo eneloop 2000mah AA cells.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Feb 24, 2012, 08:14 AM
Spoooooon!
San Fernando Valley, California, United States
Joined May 2003
3,786 Posts
Eneloops rock. By far the best choice for your tx.
TheTick is online now Find More Posts by TheTick
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Energic