HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:02 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Sounds great. Mongrel, what's the diameter of the booms please? I saw the update on your page

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:07 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpv4life View Post
Hi mark,

Hope it all went well mate. I also spent a few hours last night soldering up my quad. had it in the air today but i am not able to get the crius multiwii board to talk to my pc. As a result i cant enter the programming and it is stuttering and not very nice to fly. im going to throw a spare hk kk on it tomorrow to see how that works.
Hey Fpv, today was ok, I got the beast wired up and mostly re-assembled but still didn't get the final part of the battery loom finished. Had to go help the inlaws pack their house (moving) and my lad decided it would be cool to put a passcode on his Ipod but failed to write it down. LOL I was about an inch away from binning it.

With luck I'll get it finished tomorrow.

I am really spoilt with the Hoverfly board, the interface is simple and there are no real variables to program, you just tell it what config and run the setup client to check the stick direction is ok.

Hope you get yours sorted, nothing like being "this close".

Mark
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:31 PM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpv4life View Post
looks good mongrel i may be interested also as the base for my y6 project. how strong are the arms? will they flex to much with the twin motor setup? look forward to the release of it.
Hi mate,

There are two sizes that will be available. 345mm and 420mm.

I can do ANY custom length if you wish.
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:56 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,841 Posts
Carbon tri looks interesting mongrel.

Fpv4life what was happening when you connected the pc to the crius board? Any error messages? If you dont know already you need to run the same version of the gui as your firmware or else it wont communicate. I would upload a new firmware in arduino and start again. Does your board have acc for auto-leveling?
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:01 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Joined Oct 2007
2,841 Posts
*** Call out for Melbourne based multi-rotor flyers ***

If youre interested in meeting up for a fly sometime let us know. Fpv4life and myself had a fun fpv session as you saw in the video and would like to do it again but this time get a few more copters in the air.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:40 PM
Australia, VIC, Glen Iris
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
Hi mate got it all sorted this morning. Just me being silly and not realizing i needed to highlight the com then press start. calibrated the acc and the gyro, flies pretty well now with no pid changes from stock. running a 4s 2800.

I will definatly be up for another multi session. maybe next weekend? whether permitting.
Fpv4life is offline Find More Posts by Fpv4life
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:49 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Joined Oct 2007
2,841 Posts
Saturday im free. Ive got the new tri decked out with LEDS flying too so you can do some fpv around it.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
sounds good. ill keep it free. I was at wattle park playing a round of golf yesterday and think the surrounding park lands could be a good playground to fly through.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:48 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
What FPV setups are you guys running?

Mark
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
Hi mark

I run an immersion rc setup, 100mw 5.8ghz tx with cloverleaf antenna. diversity rx patch and cloverleaf antennas. with dominator goggles i use live outfeed from the gopro for the link.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:36 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
I have to invest in a gopro. I've got the RC305 and 200mw TX and Base goggles with a basic 1/3" CCD, very basic setup but havn't done much flying with it. I need to just get out and get my confidence up with it. The Hoverfly Pro has it's own OSD but I have the eagletree setup.

Well I'm almost done with the build, just the last 2 connectors to the packs and a JST back to the power filter and it's maiden time.

My fluro orange baseplate fried up on the edges a bit, but I can fix that later. Was more a case of I didn't leave it long enough to cure.

Until I get it all propped correctly I'm leaving the GPS and crash cage off.

Mark
Last edited by KCV6; Mar 17, 2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
Very neat mark great job
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:09 AM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Joined Oct 2007
2,841 Posts
They are some pretty beefy speedies for a quadcopter. Whats your flying weight?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:54 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Stunt, it will be heavy. I'm building it up as a trainer and backup for the Octo so I can get a couple of the other guys at work flying and get more flying time in to develop the electronics we use on the octo. I could have gone 40A but figured as weight wasn't too much of a concern I would build a lot of margin in. Also this still may grow into an X8.

Finally all the wiring is finished and I'm just about to load the latest firmawre on the controller and give it a calibration.

Mark
Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:29 AM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Joined Oct 2007
2,841 Posts
What sort of quadcopter beast are you building that requires higher than 40a speedies?

4 x 40 amps x 12 volts = 1920 watts !!!

My quad comfortably uses 10A speedies. All im saying is you could easily save a considerable amount of weight using smaller speedies which will improve flight times and stability enormously.