HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:21 PM
Australia, VIC, Glen Iris
Joined Jan 2012
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel View Post
Nice one mate. What's with the zip tie on the motor??
Hi mongrel'

It is to reduce overall vibrations on any multirotor prior to adding props you can balance the motor with one cabletie as seen in the picture. It works very well.
Fpv4life is offline Find More Posts by Fpv4life
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:37 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpv4life View Post
Wow nice work kcv6, this is what i want to see. That octa is a beast! Hope auspost get your escs to you asap. I recently had a similar experience my fpv manuals tricopter kit was at the post office since 28th of feb. they gave it to me yesterday.

I still cant decide which frame to build my y6 on, i have the fpvmanuals pro delrin kit, theres one on goodluckbuy for 95 delivered which looks pretty good. then theres the multiwiicopter scarab y6 which is pricey but looks amazing.

My y6 fpv ap project will run ntm 750kv 28-30s 18amp plush escs and use the latest multiwii paris v4 600+ sirus controller.
Thanks Fpv4life. LOL I now have the 4 speedies. Apparently they were delivered 2 weeks ago but somehow the drivers card got lost or he didn't leave one. Got them from the post office yesterday afternoon.

The Octo is great fun to fly, it has lots of "presence" in the air, a bit like a swarm of angy wasps.

Yeah I was lucky with all the Drodworx Acetal clamps being excess to requirement. I really like the look of the FPVmanuals stuff.

I have to start looking for another controller as well. The Hoverflypro is a spare loaner.

I ordered some different props (12x4.5) but will give the 14x4.7's a go for now.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:25 PM
Aint nothing like a Mongrel!!
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,672 Posts
Quote:
Hi mongrel'

It is to reduce overall vibrations on any multirotor prior to adding props you can balance the motor with one cabletie as seen in the picture. It works very well.
Ahh. Ok.

I haven't found the need to balance my motors. Out of the dozens of copters that have gone out of here, I only ever had 1 motor that played up enough for me to turf it.

I use the dt750s on the timber based tris that I build, but am now looking at alternatives, as there are a bit hard to mount on the new carbon frame.
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:36 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2006
1,018 Posts
Quote:
Hi mongrel'

thats a very simple and effective way to balance an out runner mate, soo all you do is shift the cable ties around till its balance nicely?

great video with the tri againts quad
wich is best place to buy complete tri kits like that?
trexpilot is offline Find More Posts by trexpilot
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:32 AM
Joined Jan 2012
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trexpilot View Post
thats a very simple and effective way to balance an out runner mate, soo all you do is shift the cable ties around till its balance nicely?

great video with the tri againts quad
wich is best place to buy complete tri kits like that?
Exactly right trex just single out each motor. Spin it up asses vibrations then move the cable tie around the bell un till you find the smoothest position. Good idea to make a mark at the point that is best for future reference.

There are several tricopter kits avaliable. The closest one design wise is the fpvmanuals delrin tricopter. If your budget is bigger the multiwiicopter.com kits look very high quality.

If you have not already, check out the build log for the tri v2.5 on rcexplorer.se it's not too challenging and is exactly what you see in the video.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:38 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2006
1,018 Posts
Quote:
Exactly right trex just single out each motor. Spin it up asses vibrations then move the cable tie around the bell un till you find the smoothest position. Good idea to make a mark at the point that is best for future reference.

There are several tricopter kits avaliable. The closest one design wise is the fpvmanuals delrin tricopter. If your budget is bigger the multiwiicopter.com kits look very high quality.

If you have not already, check out the build log for the tri v2.5 on rcexplorer.se it's not too challenging and is exactly what you see in the video.
ok looking into it now...
any idea where i can get the predator goggles mate? hk been out for ages lol
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:43 AM
Joined Jan 2012
111 Posts
Quote:
I can't help you with the preds unfortunately maybe try readymaderc.com or bevrc.com. They both supply Fpv gear out of the us.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:03 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,798 Posts
Just trial fitted the speedies and soldered everything but the last part of the battery harness up. Programmed everything, so with a bit of luck it will be flyng tomorrow.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:15 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,672 Posts
Quote:
Trex - How far off are you wanting a Tri?

I am in the last throws of putting the finishing touches on our new carbon TriCopter frame. We will be offering both kits and full blown RTF, and both will be priced nicely.

Shameless plug over.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:50 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2006
1,018 Posts
Quote:
Trex - How far off are you wanting a Tri?

I am in the last throws of putting the finishing touches on our new carbon TriCopter frame. We will be offering both kits and full blown RTF, and both will be priced nicely.

Shameless plug over.
any pics mate??
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:28 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,672 Posts
Hi mate,

We are still putting the finishing touches on it, but here are just a sneak!!

What I can tell you is....

It is mostly carbon.
Will come in 2 sizes (short or long booms)
Will have room for FPV gear
Will accept Paris boards, and the KK boards
Uses a bearing system for Yaw
Can be converted to Y6 without the need for extra hardware
Is very light, but strong.
AND finally - Is modular - Meaning you can keep adding deck levels, either up or down.
OH... and it folds up too!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:40 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2006
1,018 Posts
Quote:
Hi mate,

We are still putting the finishing touches on it, but here are just a sneak!!

What I can tell you is....

It is mostly carbon.
Will come in 2 sizes (short or long booms)
Will have room for FPV gear
Will accept Paris boards, and the KK boards
Uses a bearing system for Yaw
Can be converted to Y6 without the need for extra hardware
Is very light, but strong.
AND finally - Is modular - Meaning you can keep adding deck levels, either up or down.
OH... and it folds up too!!
sounds like the perfect tricopter airframe
i like the idea's of upgradeable unit
hope its not too pricey lol
keep me posted please
cheers
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:25 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,672 Posts
Trex,

That is exactly the idea. NOT to be too pricey. There seems to be a mentality in the world that if you have something a little unique and not quite mainstream, then you can charge a fortune for it!! Not the case here.

I am yet to do the final numbers, (we keep changing the design) but I am hoping the airframe complete ready to build will come in under $150.

Yes - I will keep you all posted.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:54 AM
Joined Jan 2012
111 Posts
looks good mongrel i may be interested also as the base for my y6 project. how strong are the arms? will they flex to much with the twin motor setup? look forward to the release of it.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:58 AM
Joined Jan 2012
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
Just trial fitted the speedies and soldered everything but the last part of the battery harness up. Programmed everything, so with a bit of luck it will be flyng tomorrow.

Mark
Hi mark,

Hope it all went well mate. I also spent a few hours last night soldering up my quad. had it in the air today but i am not able to get the crius multiwii board to talk to my pc. As a result i cant enter the programming and it is stuttering and not very nice to fly. im going to throw a spare hk kk on it tomorrow to see how that works.