Build the rcexplorer tricopter mate, will suit your needs perfectly
Fpv4life is offline Find More Posts by Fpv4life
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:38 AM
Model Bender
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2004
2,871 Posts
i've just ordered a rabbit fc.. mate used a rabbit micro on his insanely accurate astro tracker project and seemed to have it all over the ATMegas in raw speed.

But FC is only as good as the firmware/sensors anyway.. hopefully they'll keep updating it.
OzDragonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzDragonFlyer
Old Mar 07, 2012, 05:52 AM
Australia, VIC, Glen Iris
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzDragonFlyer View Post
i've just ordered a rabbit fc.. mate used a rabbit micro on his insanely accurate astro tracker project and seemed to have it all over the ATMegas in raw speed.

But FC is only as good as the firmware/sensors anyway.. hopefully they'll keep updating it.
Sounds good mate, i have no experience with those fc's, let us know how it pans out.

Im going to try the chinese cirus multiwii controller off goodluckbuy on my quad build. I am also very keen on a paris v4 for my y6 project. their expensive though
Old Mar 09, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
Can anyone please explain the functions of this paris v4 r3 board more clearly.

http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/sku-24

I know it has 2 gyros, alt hold, gimbal outputs ect, but im sure it goes further than that. any one got experience with this type of board please enlighten me.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:06 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,868 Posts
TRICOPTER vs QUADCOPTER (3 min 46 sec)

Some fpv multi rotor flying shot out near the Dandenongs.

RCExplorer Tricopter with the MultiWiiCopter Scarab Quadcopter.
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:08 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,868 Posts
Owen, sorbothane sheet for vibration reduction:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SORBOTHAN...ht_1476wt_1270
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:11 AM
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnTeJTEwuJ4

Some fpv multi rotor flying shot out near the Dandenongs.

RCExplorer Tricopter with the MultiWiiCopter Scarab Quadcopter.
Looks great mate, good job editing it all together we have to do it again soon
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:15 AM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpv4life View Post
Can anyone please explain the functions of this paris v4 r3 board more clearly.

http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/sku-24

I know it has 2 gyros, alt hold, gimbal outputs ect, but im sure it goes further than that. any one got experience with this type of board please enlighten me.
G'day mate,

Ok. There are basically two types of Tricopters - Gyro only based (this is where you have 4 gyros on board only) and then there are controller boards (like the Multiwiicopter boards)

Boards like the above have all the gyros and sensors onboard to control basically everything. Some of them even go the extra mile with Altitude and GPS hold etc.

The good thing about these boards is you can generally get away with using any standard radio. Unlike the Gyro only copters where the radio must do 120Degree SWASH.

The boards make it easier to fly these types of copters because the are constantly compensating for what the copter is doing, in order to keep it stable in a hover. Then when you give it a direction to head, the board takes those commands and instructs the copter to do its thing.

So in short - the board is all you need. Besides motors and ESCs and the normal electrics. They are more advanced than the gyro only copters, and are far more stable.

We still get a lot of customers that go for a gyro only copter (our Trilogy for example) as they are a bit cheaper.

Lastly... the can be programed to run in many different configurations. So if say you get sick of a Tri, you could take that same board and put it in a Quad - reprogram, and fly! The program is free - so no need to buy special software.

I hope that helps a bit mate, but if you want to know more, ask away.

Cheers
Mongrel
The_Mongrel is online now Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:21 AM
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
'Some of them even go the extra mile with Altitude and GPS hold etc'

This is the part i was asking about, the multiwii 600+ sirus has these abilities i was after someone with hands on experience to shed some light.

Cheers mongrel good wright up there
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:48 AM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,817 Posts
No prob! I watched a demo of a copter that was amazing. You didn't fly it like a normal copter where you fly it in relation to the direction it is pointing. This board didn't care where it was pointing.

Hard to explain, but basically if you leaned left on the stick, the copter would move left in relation to where you are. It didn't matter what way it was facing, it would move to your left!

So it didn't matter if you got disoriented. Because if you leaned back on the stick, it was always come back to you, no matter what way it was facing!! CRAZY!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:38 AM
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
Build updates

So progress has been slow due to getting stuffed around by a ebay seller and having no motor mounts for the quad. However i found this kit avaliable on goodluckbuy.com for 30 bucks delivered..... yes 30.

Considering making this fpv capable but might keep it light and nimble for some acrobatic los flights.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:26 AM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,817 Posts
Nice one mate. What's with the zip tie on the motor??
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:50 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel View Post
Nice one mate. What's with the zip tie on the motor??
I think he just finished balancing the motors.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:42 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,889 Posts
My 2 current multis. Well technically the Octo is works, but I'm the only one into RC so I'm the only one that gets to play with it. The Quad should be running by Saturday as my 60 plush speedies came in. Australia Post was holding them at the post office since the 2nd of March

Details in my blog
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Mar 18, 2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
My 2 current multis. Well technically the Octo is works, but I'm the only one into RC so I'm the only one that gets to play with it. The Quad should be running by Saturday as my 60S plush speedies came in. Australia Post was holding them at the post office since the 2nd of March

Details in my blog
Wow nice work kcv6, this is what i want to see. That octa is a beast! Hope auspost get your escs to you asap. I recently had a similar experience my fpv manuals tricopter kit was at the post office since 28th of feb. they gave it to me yesterday.

I still cant decide which frame to build my y6 on, i have the fpvmanuals pro delrin kit, theres one on goodluckbuy for 95 delivered which looks pretty good. then theres the multiwiicopter scarab y6 which is pricey but looks amazing.

My y6 fpv ap project will run ntm 750kv 28-30s 18amp plush escs and use the latest multiwii paris v4 600+ sirus controller.