Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:02 PM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Help!
Eagle tree V4 Elogger and Osd pro everything working except throttle monitoring?

Hey I got everything setup on my osd pro/data logger v4

Everything is working except when I monitor it on the computer I'm seeing that the datal logger is not detecting/monitoring the throttle.

There is a throttle input on the V4 data logger how do I wire this to monitor control throttle. I'm worried also that since its not monitoring throttle maybe it won't be able to control throttle on RTH function either??

Also with the artificial horizon for the Guardian. It works on screen display but on the software I have selected this option and in the software monitor (windows) it shows all the voltages gps functions all of that but also when I select the software to show me artificial horizon the display on the software does not respond at all the horizon does not move. again it works on the actual screen however on the osd.

Thanks for your help!!

Adam
whosthebaddest is offline Find More Posts by whosthebaddest
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:26 PM
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Sep 2006
50 Posts
Adam - There should have been a Y-cable included the eLogger or OSD Pro... I believe you have to use this to record throttle response on the eLogger.

RTH will control the throttle if you have the throttle in/out on the OSD Pro. You can verify by running the simulator, but I STRONGLY advise you remove your prop prior to testing -or- hook up a spare servo to the throttle connection, and it will move according to what the OSD Pro is setting the throttle at.

I have the same issue (throttle not being monitored), as I'm running from RX -> OSD throttle in, then OSD throttle out -> ESC. RTH throttle control works as expected. I believe the Y-harness should be placed on the OSD throttle out, with one split going to ESC, and the other back to the eLogger. Please verify this as I'm not 100% sure, but it makes sense.

There is reference to the Y-harness in the eLogger manual (page 5). The "servo" would be your ESC (assuming you fly electric). However, I do not see any mention in the OSD Pro manual of how the throttle wiring should be setup so that the eLogger records throttle output.
MikeD096 is offline Find More Posts by MikeD096
Last edited by MikeD096; Feb 23, 2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
thanks for your help!!

I actually tried connecting it with the v connector harness and I got a wierd result.

When I use the harness and just connect one end to the osd/esc It works fine. But when I connect the other end to the Throttle the connection to the osd/esc doesn't work. The motor doesn't respond to my throttle input on the controller.

however since you told me that your works for RTH without that connection and throttle will still work on RTH I won't worry about it too much. That was my main concern!! Its a big help to know that will still work. Thank you for confirming that for me!!

Thanks again for your help!!
whosthebaddest is offline Find More Posts by whosthebaddest
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:37 PM
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Sep 2006
50 Posts
The OSD Pro is the RTH pilot, so as long as you pass throttle control in and out of the OSD Pro, RTH throttle control will work.

Strange about splitting the throttle back into the eLogger. Did you put the Y coming out of your receiver, or out of the OSD Pro? There's got to be a way to use OSD Pro and still monitor throttle with the eLogger. Maybe Bill will chime in tomorrow...

I havent tried to resolve since you can pretty much tell what the throttle is by the Amp draw, but it would be nice to get it working.
MikeD096 is offline Find More Posts by MikeD096
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:12 AM
South Africa, WC, Vredendal
Joined Sep 2008
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whosthebaddest View Post
thanks for your help!!

I actually tried connecting it with the v connector harness and I got a wierd result.

When I use the harness and just connect one end to the osd/esc It works fine. But when I connect the other end to the Throttle the connection to the osd/esc doesn't work. The motor doesn't respond to my throttle input on the controller.

however since you told me that your works for RTH without that connection and throttle will still work on RTH I won't worry about it too much. That was my main concern!! Its a big help to know that will still work. Thank you for confirming that for me!!

Thanks again for your help!!
Hi There! :-)

My throttle do the same. As soon as I plug the Y-lead into the logger & can't go into programming mode. How did you fix yours?
henlo is offline Find More Posts by henlo
Old Mar 19, 2014, 04:50 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Mar 2007
107 Posts
I used the regular connector to go from Rx throttle to OSD Pro Throttle IN.
Then used the y-cable with the single wire end going from OSD Pro Throttle OUT.
With the two remaining ends (1 male/1 female) I plugged the male into the the eLogger and the female into the ESC's male plug. It works great!
JetCatJimmy is offline Find More Posts by JetCatJimmy