SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:48 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
Ok ill use these As they are digital and MG

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...32g_0_15s.html

and because they are digital it me means ill have better servo resolution (accuaracy)
and they are 29g lighter than the Power HD servo + they are $4 cheaper! (Win! Win! )
heres the servo Specs
Model: DS339MG
Operating Voltage: 4.8V / 6.0V
Operating Current: 300mA / 4000mA
Operating Speed: 0.14sec.60º/ 0.15sec.60º
Stall Torque: 4.4kg.cm / 5.0kg.cm
Size: 32.5 x 17 x 34.5mm
Weight: 32g
Dead Band: ≤3uSec
Operating Travel: 40º/one side pulse traveling 400us
Potentiometer: 5 slider/Direct Drive
Ball bearing: MR106
Gear: Metal
Connector wire: 300mm
Operating Temperature Range: -20J+60J
Thanks! Double-D!
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:12 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith459 View Post
Ok ill use these As they are digital and MG

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...32g_0_15s.html

and because they are digital it me means ill have better servo resolution (accuaracy)
and they are 29g lighter than the Power HD servo + they are $4 cheaper! (Win! Win! )
heres the servo Specs
Model: DS339MG
Operating Voltage: 4.8V / 6.0V
Operating Current: 300mA / 4000mA
Operating Speed: 0.14sec.60º/ 0.15sec.60º
Stall Torque: 4.4kg.cm / 5.0kg.cm
Size: 32.5 x 17 x 34.5mm
Weight: 32g
Dead Band: ≤3uSec
Operating Travel: 40º/one side pulse traveling 400us
Potentiometer: 5 slider/Direct Drive
Ball bearing: MR106
Gear: Metal
Connector wire: 300mm
Operating Temperature Range: -20J+60J
Thanks! Double-D!
You know K these are good servos . . . .for the money that is I'm gonna buy a few myself, better hurry before I buy'em all up! Lol
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tron recognizer quadcopter
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:15 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
not to fast !! ima buy em all i may as well kit out the plane with all of these servos
+ they are not any no name design there CORONA!!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:23 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts

it comes with everything!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:31 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,252 Posts
Quote:
how about 3-4 inches from the root ? ??
Considering that your total ws is around 12', that would mean battery wires around 5', I would say that's way too far. Better to put the batts in the wing, imho. Jim
Jimbo45cn is online now Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:35 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
You know K these are good servos . . . .for the money that is I'm gonna buy a few myself, better hurry before I buy'em all up! Lol
I am using 538 MGs in my 600 Chaos, so far they are doing just fine. I would not put a lot of faith in those power HDs. Friend of mine was using them and they just didn't seem very reliable. Lots of buzzing and fluttering at times. Not something I would put in a big scale project. Jim
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:41 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo45cn View Post
I am using 538 MGs in my 600 Chaos, so far they are doing just fine. I would not put a lot of faith in those power HDs. Friend of mine was using them and they just didn't seem very reliable. Lots of buzzing and fluttering at times. Not something I would put in a big scale project. Jim
Jim,so DD and you saved me from downing this plane before its built ? LOL !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo45cn View Post
Considering that your total ws is around 12', that would mean battery wires around 5', I would say that's way too far. Better to put the batts in the wing, imho. Jim
Jim,
i meant the Batts in the wing but at the close o the root with the ESC's 6-12in away from the batts and then the motor wires spanning the rest of the distance (with the ESC's heatsink sticking out of the bottom of the wing? )
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:38 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,194 Posts
Quote:

Jim,
i meant the Batts in the wing but at the close o the root with the ESC's 6-12in away from the batts and then the motor wires spanning the rest of the distance (with the ESC's heatsink sticking out of the bottom of the wing? )

Keenan there are new studies that show you want your ESC battery to ESC wires as short as possible, but the wires from the Motor to ESC can be as long as you want, I am now adapting all my RC designs to maximizes this new fact, you can off-set your Tail Heavy An-225 by placing as much as you can in the forways fuselage, and If you build Your An-225 in the 3mm & 4mm Depron Card model fashion your should have a completed flying weight of between 7-8 pounds, but if you choose a heavier constrcution method your gonna need High power 90-100mm ducted fans which will Co$t you a fortune Mate.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:38 PM
HappyGoLucky
Germany, BW, Ibach
Joined Dec 2009
546 Posts
LuvEvolution
Quote:
I'm not so sure I agree with Choch that it won't work. I
I'm not outright saying it can't be done, I'm sure, if given a budget of a couple of thousands and two years time Dag, You or some of the other Top of the Line builders here could certainly succeed with a project like this. Others have already done it. I'm just saying it can't be done by him and like this.

For example, I just don't get this:

ESC+BAT+MOT+EDF > 768gr times 6 = 4608gr
10 32gr Servos = 320 gr
-------------------------
ca. 5KG For electrics, that's without retracts or any landing gear and also without the copper wire extensions for the edfs which are very heavy. It's without the additional electrics you will need to power your servos (you're not planing to run 10 heavy duty servo from one HK receiver, do you).
So, that's a unreasonably optimistic weight estimate.

Usual wisdom is that you have to spend at least the weight of the electrics for the structure, makes 10KG Ready to Fly if you manage to build ultra light which is very unrealistic because you have to be able to take a plane that size apart for transport which means that you need hard points to join the section and reinforcements to propagate the forces inside the structure.

When I put a potentiometer, or cell phone for that purpose, inside one of my models and fly a couple of very gentle traffic patterns it usually shows G-Forces in Excess of 3G in flight and even more for my landings.

Let's say 4G. Thats a stress of 400N or about 40KG that your ultra light depron structure has to handle, that your joints have to handle. That you have to propagate from the Wing (center of Mass) to the HStab.... c'mon...

Oh, and if you really succeed in building a project that's more something that one would tackle to crown a long modeling career than it is a suitable first scratchbuild, if you succeed, you have a very expensive model with lot's and lot's of manhours in it. Would you really thrust 10$ HK Servos, a cheap receiver and a Radio from the bottom of the line with that model?
Nope, nobody in his right mind would. Means if you are serious you can invest a couple of thousands in a radio, receiver and good servos right now.

I would love to see the UltraLight AN225 with six 12 Blade Fans do takeoffs and landings like AirBuzz's and Nefwaffe's jet do but I don't see how this is supposed to work.

If you disagree, please show me how it can be done.

cheers, choch

p.S.: Oh, and you expect to order 12 EDF /ESC /Motos from HK and receive them all in working condition? Your budget is unrealistic for that reason alone.
chochmah is offline Find More Posts by chochmah
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blohm und Voss BV P.144
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:43 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,194 Posts
Keenan I'm going to give you The answer, the only real way you will be able to build your An-225 I want you to follow this link, and you will enter a world, of Russian Card model builders.

Study & talk to EtekRLS, K if you build your An-225 the same way he's building his paper version you CAN'T Loose!

http://only-paper.ru/forum/28-3899-1

Now get building Lol
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:50 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,194 Posts
O.K. K there's your An-225 wingbox structure add some carbon fiber & whalla!

What your not done yet Lol-LMAO!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:54 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,194 Posts
K And have a chat with this guy Hideki , just tell him your building something twice as big! lol
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:57 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,194 Posts
Here are some more goodies . . . . .. have these plans blown up & enlarged K.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:59 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,252 Posts
Quote:

Jim,
That'll work. Just remember the shorter the better. Jim
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:06 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,194 Posts
Keenan I have formulated a inexspensive way to build your first An-225, I call it "Modular building", simply build your An-225 one section at a time that way you only need to buy the depron & carbon fiber you need to complete each section as you build it, for example if you try and buy all materials at once it will cost you $500-700 pounds sterling but if you build starting with the nose it might only cost $60-70 pounds to start.

k if you do this wrong I'm affraid it will be VERY hard to find the Ca$h you'll need to build your 2 An-225's.

For example each one of your An-225's will need as much Depron that I will use to build all 8 of My MD-80's

K look at the schematic I drew up for you & see if it will work for you.
RCG Plus Member