Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by flyboy101, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:35 AM
Reno, NV
Joined Sep 2004
24 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Sold
Last Chance: Museum Quality 9 cylinder radial engine

LAST CHANCE OFFER. I am taking down the engine from for sale at noon today. I am asking 4000 OBO Shipped within the USA. I am also throwing in a nice new Video Borescope to the buyer.

You can see pictures of the engine that is available on a page 3 listing. I will include a new video borescope ($300 value) that I used to film an engine internals video that I posted to YouTube under the username "homestea1"

Up for sale is a large 1/5 Scale Hodgson 9 Cylinder Radial Engine Project. The engine is about 90% complete and still needs to be finished. It needs a carburetor and plumbing of oil and fuel lines as well as well as some work on the distributor and ignition system. I will also send a complete set of brand new plans to aid in the completion of the engine. The Test stand is also included. Overall this engine looks to be museum grade and very nice. It is hand built from plans and over 1000 hours of machining time have been invested.

This engine is mainly designed to be run on a test stand, but I don't see any reason it couldn't be mounted up in a airframe given you would be willing to risk such a rare piece of artwork.

This engine is over 11" in diameter! It will swing a 30"-32" prop at around 2400RPM. The displacement is almost 8 Cubic Inches.

Get more engine details over at www.agelessengines.com

I am asking for $4000 OBO shipped

email me with any questions at homestea@att.net
flyboy101 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy101
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread